silkcuts's Batman: The Long Halloween #2 - Thanksgiving review

Avatar image for silkcuts
  • silkcuts wrote this review on .
  • silkcuts has written a total of 726 reviews. The last one was for

Giving Thanks to Loeb and Sale

A very strong noir tale just in its own right.  This single issue, Jeph Loeb takes advantage of the ability to tell a good silent narration in Tim Sale's artistic ability.  There is a few of them in this issue and it is nice to see it in superhero comics, this is something I think is missing quite often.   As nice as Splash panels are, there is something really nice of a set of silent images.

Even Batman man gets into the season of Thanks giving by leaving a plate for a "Friend".  That token of generosity is what the holiday of Thanksgiving is about.  The issue also ends off nicely with another set of murders and another reason to give thanks for The Long Halloween.

Happy Thanksgivings

340

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By chipsnopotatoes

I loved Long Halloween and anything Tim Sale. Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Silkcuts

6040

93073

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

Edited By Silkcuts
@chipsnopotatoes said:
" I loved Long Halloween and anything Tim Sale. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. "
I'm Canadian, so my Thanksgiving was last month, but thank you non the less :D
Yeah, I started reviewing the trade for Long Halloween as a Halloween Themed review, but then decided I would review each issue monthly (for a year) as well and link it to the trade review. ( Here is the link to the trade review.)  Make sure you enjoy some yummy food for me on Thrusday :D
I plan to watch me some football.
Avatar image for chipsnopotatoes

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

Edited By Silkcuts
@chipsnopotatoes said:
" @Silkcuts:  haha thanks! I will. enjoy football :D "
I will :D