johnnydarkness's Batman: The Killing Joke #1 - The Killing Joke review

Avatar image for johnnydarkness

48 pages

I was pretty surprised when I came across this and realized how short it is. It's only 48 pages! After all the talk and acclaim I expected something bigger. But oh well, we're talking about Alan Moore in the late eighties. Does it get any better than that for comic writing? He was at the height of his powers, and Batman was also going through possibly the most interesting and iconic times of his history. As you've probably heard, this is a must-read.

Other reviews for Batman: The Killing Joke #1 - The Killing Joke

John Higgin's Color verses Brian Bolland's! 0

The Killing Joker:  The most celebrated of all Joker Stories.    Like Watchmen, this book are created by top talent Brits.  Alan Moore, Brian Bolland and John Higgins. Alan Moore, the most celebrated writer in comics alone makes this a must read.  Brian Bolland's interiors is a special treat since he  never really does it.  That is what makes it a must.   20 years after the Killing Joke was released, it still has an effect on the DCU.  Still considered Canon.  Worthy of a Deluxe printing.  Most ...

A Must Read 0

After years of hearing the non stop praise that has been lavished upon this story I finally decided to pick up The Killing Joke. I must say the people are right, this is an amazing story with some of the best artwork I have ever seen in a comic. Bolland's cinematic artwork will strike you from page one as Batman walks in to Arkham Asylum to meet with a man whom he believes to be the Joker. Bolland's attention to detail is astonishing especially when he handles the colouring chores (found in the ...