out_of_space's Batman: The Killing Joke #1 - The Killing Joke review

Avatar image for out_of_space

You can't forget this easy !!!

I don't know for the rest of the people readed this but i really can't forget it easy. It's one of the best things i've read. I don't like the story about who and how he became the Joker but everything else was amazing. Well i sure don't like the origin story for the Joker in this book but i can't blame some one for it (specially Alan Moore). We don't know the truth about Joker. Only Bob Kane knows and since we can't find out the true story we can't blame people for making books with alternative stories about Joker. In this way it's maybe even better. If you think of it it's better for the world to don't know the truth about the greatest villain. That's one of the thing that make him in my opinion "the greatest villain". Well now i will just stop with the origin cuz i can talk about this for hours.
The best things were - Barbara Gordon's paralyze , Joker trying to show Batman that everybody's MAD with using James Gordon for example, the end of the book. A really good finish for the story.
Some people think this book is overrated. Some people think this is "One Bad Day"  and some people think this is the best or one of the best Batman books. I't not my favorite Batman book but it was a good reading it. I will only say "You can't forget this easy" !!!