mrsj's Batman: The Killing Joke #1 - The Killing Joke review

Avatar image for mrsj
  • mrsj wrote this review on .
  • mrsj has written a total of 10 reviews. The last one was for Batman Dies at Dawn

#1 Comic of All Time!

Surprisingly, this is the first comment on this magnificent graphic novel. This is without a doubt the greatest comic I've ever read. The portal of the Joker in his "past" (he remembers it in multiple ways) makes you feel sympathy for the comedian. This book contains themes that make you feel more sorry for the Joker then any other character even though he kills a guy, paralysis someone and tries to make Gordon go mad for the sake of proving a point. At the end of this novel you see an interesting take on the relationship between Batman and the Joker. The are two men linked to each other by their pasts. "All it takes is one bad day," right? That's all it took for the Bat and Clown Prince, but is that the only reason why they are like this towards each other? Or is there something deeper, almost a brotherly love...who know. I'm starting to ramble, but my point is this book written by the fantastic Alan Moore has many interesting ideas placed in it and paced fantastically. Don't even get me started on the genius of Brian Bolland his fine lining was perfect for the Joker. The way he created his smile and demonstrated exaggerated emotion in the Joker's face was mind blowing! This is a definite must real for everyone, even if your not a Bat-fanatic.