cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    DateWUBI # 22:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    10/08/10Batman: Year 1 to 100(Blog) (Forum)Batman: The Caped Crusader(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:Batman: Year 1 to 100.
    Alternate Title:Batman: Year One to Three (collection without Batman: Year 100).
    Collecting 17 Issues:
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: Original Cover
    TPB Cover: Original Cover

At seventeen issues, this would be one of those massive TPB's, and frankly, the only reason I thought of it was as a way to get Batman: Year 3 into a collection. DC will never put Year 3 into a collection by itself (especially now that they've done Robin: Year One) so I was just playing with ideas here. I probably wouldn't have thought of Year 100, were it not for the responses to my forum post, Does anyone remember "Batman: Year 3?", so thanks all, for that.

I would have made it just Batman: Year One to Three, but "1 to 100" sounded better. It could be done that way though, leaving Year 100 out of the collection. In a way, that would be better, because 1-3 were produced very close together, and100 came years later. I just think it'd be cool to have the bigger book. The smaller book would be easier to handle though, and less likely to separate from the cover.

Hindrances to this might be that Year One, Year Two (akaYear Two: Fear the Reaper) and Year 100 have all been collected in trade already:

DC may not want to collect a new volume, especially since Year One and Year Two sell pretty well on their own. Still, a compendium type volume with all four "Year" stories might be of interest to newer readers - many of whom may have only read Batman: Year 100.

For the cover, no one single issue cover is a good representation of all of the stories contained in the TPB, so this is one of the rare cases where I'd say an original cover is needed.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

No Caption Provided
    #21: Batman: The Caped Crusader, Volume 2: The Origin of Robin.

Moved to the Batman: The Caped Crusader forum.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By johnny_spam

I have not seen anything like this published all these stories (except Year Three) have been published solo.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cbishop
    @johnny spam: Yeah, I've got TPB's of Year One, Year Two, and the newer edition, Year Two: Fear the Reaper (has Full Circle in it).  I haven't read Year 100, but knew the TPB was out there.  I was thinking of this as one of those omnibus-sized collections, like the massive Superman/ Doomsday or Superman: Our Worlds at War (complete edition), both of which re-collect earlier trades into one giant collection. 

I like it when they add something to the new editions though, which is as good a reason as any to include Year 3. ;)
    thechessclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By thechessclub

Year 100 is one of the best Batman stories I've ever read. The whole thing has a bank heist on crack intensity to it that is just made that much cooler with Popes unique style. I Strongly recommend it!

Stripes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Stripes

I would if I could :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cbishop

@thechessclub said:

"Year 100 is one of the best Batman stories I've ever read. The whole thing has a bank heist on crack intensity to it that is just made that much cooler with Popes unique style. I Strongly recommend it! "

Thanks.  I have yet to read Year 100, but it's on my list.  Unfortunately, my list includes many boxes of unread comics, due to several moves. :} 

@Stripes said:

"I would if I could :) "

I would too, but really, I just want a TPB of Year 3. ;}

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.