matkrenz's Batman, Incorporated #4 - The Kane Affair review

Avatar image for matkrenz

I need my Batwoman fix man.

Issue 4 of Batman Inc and the reason im getting it because Batwoman is in it and I need my fix of her.

The Story: Batman and Gaucho are still in EL Sombrero's trap and Batwoman is chasing after a woman and meets another women dressed up as Kathy Kane Batwoman.

The Good: Morrison is able to pull in anything from the Batman mythos and have it make sense.Here we have how the orginal Batwoman fits in Batman's early days,Whats also cool about the art in those portions are the same as you would back in the 50's,they even got the paper look the same and bonus points for having Kathy running away ona motorcycle just like the cover of her first appearance.Also the portions with Kate Kane were cool and Batman solving the problem was nifty.

The Bad: Now I have only read this issue because of Batwoman is in it so im not exactly lost on what is happening in this series but I just didn't care since I know I wont be reading the series because im not 100 % sold on the concept.Also Kate' dad is helping her even though they havent made up in Batwoman #0.

The Verdict: This was a fun issue and I see what people mean by it has fun stuff in it but as mentioned previosuly I need my Batwoman fix and this was a really good and it was coupled with great art that represented very well tha art of decades past.This is a buy.