duo_forbidden's Batman, Incorporated #2 - Resurrector review

Avatar image for duo_forbidden

"Did you ever wonder what it's like to be dead?"

Batman faces off with Mr. Death.

Pros:
Grant Morrison brings out some great storytelling in the second issue of Batman Inc. One fact I got to admit that I like about Morrison is bring back old villains for the new generation of readers. Mr. Death is a very colorful character. Given the fact that he's somewhat of an immortal adds some depth to him and his antics. But besides Mr. Death, I like that Bruce gives Jiro a second chance, but not outright.

The artwork remains the same as the first issue. The detail is everywhere even with the smallest things. The action pages are great as well. I also like J.H Williams III cover as well.

Cons:
Not entirely sure of the idea that Japan has literally a Batman now. This is probably because I read Batman Annual 12 first before this issue where Nightrunner is the Batman of France but not wearing a Batman costume, just the symbol. I think Jiro should have a bat symbol with the Mr. Unknown outfit.

Selina departs in this issue as well. Minor complaint.

Overall: Slowly, the idea of Batman Inc. is starting to come together. In the meantime though, Grant Morrison's story are pretty entertaining. Can't wait for the next issue.