Follow

Batman Inc.

Team » Batman Inc. appears in 83 issues.

Batman Inc. is the result of Bruce Wayne using the concept and idea of Batman to counter-act the idea of crime. His goal is to make Batman a global franchise and stop crime around the world.

Will More Batmen Make for More Bat-Villains?

• 70 results
    Avatar image for StrongProtector
    StrongProtector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 1

Edited By StrongProtector
     Will more Batmen force the creation of more Bat-Villains?
     Will more Batmen force the creation of more Bat-Villains?

It has become a very popular argument by Batman’s rogues’ gallery, especially the Joker, in recent years. The villains taunt Batman with the idea that if he weren’t around, most, if not all of them, would never have come into existence and that he is just as much to blame for their brand of chaos as he is. It is all an attempt to throw Batman off his game, but there is clearly some truth behind their words. Without Batman there surely would be no Joker venom, giant penny, or trick umbrellas. There definitely would be no “Same Bat-Time, Same Bat-Channel”. And there would be no Boy Wonder, Oracle, or Batman, Inc.

And speaking of Batman, Inc., the basis of this new idea is that there is supposed to be Batmen all over the world that will be supported by Bruce Wayne. But what if Bruce’s next logical step on his unending war on crime does the exact opposite though of his intent and escalates it instead? Could all these new Batmen, in an attempt to quell crime around the world, be the launching point for more villains worldwide, much like Bruce theoretically was for some of his in Gotham? The world has enough trouble staying together what with the threats the JLA, JSA, Green Lantern Corps, and others are constantly having to snuff out. I’m sure that exactly what the world wants is three new Jokers, two new Two-Faces, and a Penguin from Sicily. == TEASER ==

Lord Death Man could already serve as the Batman of Japan's arch-nemesis.
     Lord Death Man could already serve as the Batman of Japan's arch-nemesis.

Already the Batman of Japan, the former Mr. Unknown Jiro Osamu, has an arch-nemesis it would seem in Lord Death Man who re-emerged after a long hiatus in the launching of the Batman, Inc. series. What is it to say that this could not be the jumping off point now for Jiro’s own cavalcade of themed villains that could feature crazed samurai, ninja, or dragons that wish to take down Batman, Inc. and its representatives? And we all know how much Japanese people love dressing up in costumes (just check out the entire cosplay section of Anime Vice here).

Then there is Bilal Asselah, the Nightrunner, and currently the Batman of France. He truly lacks any sort of a rogues’ gallery, but that just sets him up for any number of possibilities. Bilal was last seen dealing with the difficulty of not being accepted by the Muslim people of France as they see him as an extension of an unnecessary American system. This leaves the door open for some extremist to come up with a gimmick to take him down. Or how about that France is home for many of the most evil and twisted group of clowns (even though they originated in Ancient Greece): mimes. It’s only a matter of time before one decides to become the French Joker that traps people in real invisible shrinking boxes that crushes them to death or hangs them from invisible ropes.

Of course, this is all dependent on these new Batmen at some point popping back up in the DC Universe and being fleshed out some more. Otherwise, are all these new Batmen simply tools to forward a current concept and never to be heard from again except as future fodder for another Crisis? Should the more popular ones come back as recurring characters in Batman, Inc. or get their own limited series or monthly spin-offs to expand the roster of DC rogues as a whole? Or will we start seeing more global inspired plots for Bruce Wayne’s villains in order to features these new Batmen more often?

Batman, Inc. reminds me very much in some ways of the Elseworlds
     Batman, Inc. reminds me very much in some ways of the Elseworlds "Brotherhood of the Bat".

And just how many Batmen are destined for Batman, Inc.? There are nearly 200 countries in the world. Will each one have a Batman? As interesting as it might be to see Batmen all around the world, and it would probably take several hundred issues to get to them all, the gimmick would definitely burn itself out at some point without adding some twists to the creation of dynamic, recurring, new villains with unique stories for these new Batmen or some huge event that features a lot of them all at once. Because right now Batman, Inc. seems like a drawn out version of an Elseworlds I read when I was a kid called Brotherhood of the Bat and in the end of that, "Damian" kicks the snot out of all the imitation Batmen.

So what do you guys think? If there were not a spike in the villain population caused by these new Batmen and some epic storyline that results from it, would this just be a waste of time? If new villains don’t start appearing all over the world, will Bruce Wayne’s rogues’ gallery have to give up the “Batman is the reason why we exist” argument? If the concept of Batman, Inc. doesn’t fail in the comics, does it mean the story will dry up and fail on newsstands instead if nothing radical happens? Let us know what you think with comments below!

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By cyberninja

In Blackest Dusk, In Harshest Light 

No Evil Shall Overcome My Might.
    Let Those Who Try To Rule The Night
    Know My Resolve, Gotham's Dark Knight!    
    RalfvdH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By RalfvdH
    @cyberninja said:
    " In Blackest Dusk, In Harshest Light 
    "
    :) nice
    dewboy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By dewboy01

more batman villians please.
    Hadurrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hadurrr

More Batmen obviously equals more Bat-villains, or else the status quo would be disrupted and the series would end. Tada.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Well France, Rome and Britain all have Jokers. If you have Batman imitators, you're gonna have rogues galleries that emulate other rogues galleries.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Eyz
    @cyberninja said:
    "
    Kickass! XD
    And is it me or are there a lot of Elseworlds being brought back into the mainstream DCU??

And I guess more villains will be created...just imagine some crazies all over the world having the very same thoughts as the Joker, trying to antagonize their "Batmen"??
    triangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By triangle

a mime meme

is a terrible thing

to waste

Woodclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Woodclaw

Yes... No...
    Honeslty I don't like the whole concept behind Batman Inc. so the question is a little pointless to me. It's likely that these new foreign Batmen already has some kind of rogue gallery to deal with.
    My only hope is that the author doesn't goes for shameless cloning the existing villain based on some idea like "a Bat-hero must fight Bat-villains" (which is even lamer than it sound).

@Eyz said:

And is it me or are there a lot of Elseworlds being brought back into the mainstream DCU??
    No I got the same impression since the introduction of the "Fear acceptance protocol" in GL.
    Nasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Nasher

Its like the old argument.. bring a gun to the fight and the other guy has to match it or he's out of the game.

This introspection of characters is so the thing of the 2000's.. Super-heroes being charged for collateral damage, the ethics and morality of their actions brought into question.. its not a bad thing.. just a trend for realism and exploration over the purely fantastical.
    ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By ComicCrazy

hope so

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Billy Batson

No o.m.m.?

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Golden Cod

I guess it calls for more Bat-villains but I'm feeling like this will water the stories down with lame fights, lame characters, lame everything.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By NightFang3
    @william knowles said:
    " more batman villians please. "
    GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 23

#14  Edited By GothamRed

There's always a chance, though I hope that we don't just get like international versions of existing bat-rogues, cause that seems too, cartoonish, but there's always a chance of new villains.

Radread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Radread

Since the concept of Batman Inc is about the various "Batmen" around the world and their various enemies plus the other bat books like Red Robin and Batgirl. It's just a matter of time before the Batman's rogues gallery expands to what it is now. Remember during Brand New Day, the plan in the Spider-man books was to expand Peter's rogues gallery beyond the core villains and sadly several of them failed but the effort was there because they wanted Spider-man to face some one new with differant motivations and so forth. Most of Batman's villains are insane, even the newer ones, so it fits the theme fine. Just have to keep them interesting and engaging.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98cd905fc97
    deactivated-5a98cd905fc97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman paralyzed Barbara Gordon?  Say it ain't so!!!

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Bestostero

One of the best aspects of Batman are his villains, i'm definitely for more Bat villains

kato17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kato17
    @cyberninja:   I love that!
    SupremoMaximo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By SupremoMaximo

My question is, does Batman have a contingency plan when one of the new batman goes rogue?  Obviously he already has ways to defeat them all.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEGRAAF

idk if it will bring more peace or more villains but if it does bring more villains, im sure Bruce wont see it that way. You would think that by doing this little experiment if more villains did pop up it would prove that batman is the cause of the problem.

The only good argument against Batman being the cause would be Batman R.I.P. where they brought every Gotham hero in just to keep the status quo once word got out that Batman was gone

dondasch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dondasch

It's all about escalation. 

Avatar image for thecheckeredman
    thecheckeredman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thecheckeredman

Batman Inc. is a dumb idea.  The big two are just churning out so much crap...

blaakmawf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By blaakmawf

It's a pretty flimsy argument to make. Do we blame policemen for crime in general?

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By goldenkey

Batman Inc. is just expanding on Frank Millers idea of making others Batman from DKR  and DKSB.  Turning the Mutants into and army.
    Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dedpool

VEry good article and a great point. Also i'm a little disapointed, I'm ure they're counting it as an out of continuity story, but the graphic novel "Batman: Hong Kong" set up Night Dragon as the "Batman" of Hon Kong and I hope they revisit the character. I was hoping for a crossover with Night Dragon coming to Gotham this time. Either way i just want to see them do something with the character.
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mumbles

the more the better

KingsCastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KingsCastle

It's only a matter of time before the Joker counters with Joker Incorporated. :-D

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By InnerVenom123

Yes, there's going to be an insane amount of new villains created by this. Bruce Wayne is damning the world, not helping it. For every Batman, there's a Joker. Keep that horrific thought in mind when you see an entire Batman Inc.

notageek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By notageek
    @cyberninja said:
    "
    if there was a like button i would press it twice :P
    FalcomAdol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FalcomAdol

Add, invariably.

Super heroes create super villains, just like arming police with submachine guns means that villains will start carrying even bigger weapons.

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

no more villians..... please,

Its like remembering the presidents.
    Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Doesn't Batman have enough villains?

No Caption Provided
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Gambit1024
    @cyberninja said:
    "In Blackest Dusk, In Harshest Light 
    "

Win.
    Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34  Edited By Tainted-Cell
    @Doctor!!!!! said:
    " no more villians..... please,
    Its like remembering the presidents.
    "
    this is epic win
    SpectrumBlur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SpectrumBlur

"Or how about that France is home for many of the most evil and twisted group of clowns (even though they originated in Ancient Greece): mimes. It’s only a matter of time before one decides to become the French Joker that traps people in real invisible shrinking boxes that crushes them to death or hangs them from invisible ropes."

Is it bad that I find this hysterically awesome?

Another concern I can think of is any pre-exisiting vigilantes coming to Gotham to sign up with Batman, Inc., only to go rogue when they're turned away?  What's worse than the Joker?  A Batman that decides to follow the Joker's path.

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sobe Cin

With not reading much DC except for Green Lantern stories, I have no idea what is going on out there. But honestly, if you can make the villains unique enough and not just cookie cutter characters, then great.

However I would like them to come up with an Irish Batman.

guerilla939

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By guerilla939
    @cyberninja: 
    Know My Resolve, Gotham's Dark Knight!"

Simply awesome.
    Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
    @cyberninja said:
    "
    Hahahaha that's awesome
    Out_of_Space

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39  Edited By Out_of_Space

More villains sound boring to me. Batman has enough villains.

Altar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Altar

ive actually really wanted to backfire since it started. and then end up with only one Batman. maybe the death of Bruce, for good. idk, just something i think that would be really cool.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By JonesDeini
    @Soldier zero said:
    " Yes... No...
    Honeslty I don't like the whole concept behind Batman Inc. so the question is a little pointless to me. It's likely that these new foreign Batmen already has some kind of rogue gallery to deal with.
    My only hope is that the author doesn't goes for shameless cloning the existing villain based on some idea like "a Bat-hero must fight Bat-villains" (which is even lamer than it sound).

@Eyz said:
    No I got the same impression since the introduction of the "Fear acceptance protocol" in GL. "
    Same word, bro. 
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Its akin to brinkmanship really.  Batman Inc. declares a new era of crime fighting, and criminals will answer in kind with newfound ways of terrorizing society.  I don't know, I think I still stay by my older statements that Bats was better being a creature of the shadows.  In such a way he was something more than just a man...but by publicizing the crusade, it could conceivably do more harm than good.  Only time will tell...

darksoul7th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By darksoul7th
    @william knowles: Hell Yeah!
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#44  Edited By Mbecks14
    @william knowles said:
    " more batman villians please. "
    Yes please!
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#45  Edited By cbishop

I'd love to see new villains, but DC writers have a bad habit of killing off any newcomers.  The longest lasting new guy was the Ventriloquist, and they killed him off simply for the sake of replacing him with a woman.  Black Mask has been decent in the last few years, but he's not new.  I'd have actually liked to have seen the villains from Batman #666 resurface some.  Batman needs new villains.  There's only so many times you can watch Harvey flip his coin, to have Bats escape due to "chance."

Avatar image for xxsadisticsmilexx
    xxSadisticSmilexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not going to nit pick what any one says about this new run.  However for me personally, I would have loved to live the rest of my life with out seeing Grant Morrison touching my favorite hero in the way he has the past several years.  I almost was about to get into the whole Batman Inc arc... but then the die hard Batman fan in me kicked that idea's ass.

batmanboy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#47  Edited By batmanboy11

Yep, more batmen = more villians.

The Qu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48  Edited By The Qu
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    " Well France, Rome and Britain all have Jokers. If you have Batman imitators, you're gonna have rogues galleries that emulate other rogues galleries. "
    Hell, the UK had two in Jarvis Poker and Dai Laffin. We still haven't seen the latter. Methinks its time he shows his Welsh head.
    batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By batmanary

Vatican Batman!!!!

Avatar image for emperormeister734
    Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

need more villans, Batman is expanding his legacy to the world and there will be those to stop him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.