Who Is The New Red Hood In Batman And Robin?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
We've seen a couple images already.  There's a new Red Hood hitting the streets of Gotham City.  He'll be "lurking in the shadows" in issue #4 (which features the origin of his apparent partner, Scarlet).  The synopsis for issue #4 refers to them as Gotham's "vicious new protectors."  They're trying to "destroy the very reputation and legacy of the Batman by replacing it altogether."

There's been some guesses that the girl will be the one from issue #1.  I can't see this Red Hood being her father.  I know some people have already guessed that it'll be Jason Todd.  There's also the "growing up" part in the Quitely cover.  That would make sense but do you think he'd return so soon?  I'm sure he'd be pissed enough after Battle For The Cowl to want to destroy the Batman legacy.  He's already shown that he would prefer to be a 'vicious protector.'  What do you think? 

Check out Philip Tan's variant covers to issue #4 (below) and #5 (above).  He's also doing the interior art for this arc.

No Caption Provided
LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By LastSon1027

With those guns it has to be Todd. Not sure who could possibly be the creepy face girl other than the girl from the first issue. All I know is that I love Morrison and Quitely they are amazing.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DEGRAAF

sure looks like it could be jason to me and i hope it is, that would explain the circus theme since he knows dicks background. I would love for it to be him.

I dont think it will be tho

Selty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Selty

Well, he looks cool. Lets see if he turns out to actually be interesting or not. The red helmet thing is pretty rad, to be honest.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF

i dont remember  girl in the first issue

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By burr787

I really hope it's Jason, it would be stupid if it was the father for so many reasons. Not only was he just so out of shape bank robber but having Jason go back to his red hood character would save him from all the crappy stories he's been in since then. Also there's no way it can be anyone other than Jason with the Red hood, guns, and muscles. I just hope the turn him into an anti-hero instead of a psychopath like in BFTC.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck
@DEGRAAF said:
" i dont remember  girl in the first issue "
Her dad was a traitor or something.  The Circus dealt with him.  He had a daughter and they put one of those kewpie doll masks on her.
G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By G'bandit

I think the red hood thingy guy is cool :D

I hope that if it turns out to be Jason that he keeps that identity :D

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Calvin

His "dolls" give me the creeps. Freeeeeaky......

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mickeymayhew

I thought Quitely was doing issue four?!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck
@G'bandit said:
" I think the red hood thingy guy is cool :D I hope that if it turns out to be Jason that he keeps that identity :D "
I agree.  I actually liked when Jason Todd first took on the identity.  Kinda creepy since it was the Joker's identity and he got beat with a crowbar by him.  But Jason is just a twisted dude.  It would be a little weird if Jason did go back to that identity.  Maybe they all have hard times coming up with new identities (like Tim taking Jason's leftover guise, Red Robin).
Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kurrent

I kinda like the idea of Jason being Red Hood its perfect irony and I do hope its him and he stays that way.

Also if Scarlett is in fact that girl I hope they don't make her a bad ass from the beginning. I dont remember it saying if she had training and what not. I'd like to she her training from Red Hood if it is Jason and see him manipulate her Deathstore/Terra style

Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Grendel

Has Morrison ever acknowledged the resurrection of Todd in his Batman run?

Knightwraithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Knightwraithe

Could it be Joker and Harley in disguise?  That would be quite the "joke"...especially if Joker has figured out that Batman is now the former Robin and has "grown up".

Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Obsurity

It would be kinda cool if it was the Joker but if that's the case. It looks like the Jokers been pumping ALOT of iron.  I think/hope it's Jason because he said he'd be back. I liked him as the Red Hood because he's twisted and that's the Joker's old persona. I wonder who's the side kick. Is this some random girl who happened to agree with this twisted perspective of justice?

"The fight against crime grows up" If the Red Hood is Jason and obviously Dick being Batman, both former Robins. They've both grown up and fighting crime based on their perspectives. Both have a side kick who they're trying to pass on their ideology

Ramathon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ramathon

My guess is Jason. Makes sense since DC has made Jason the most intense former Robin. I guess I would be a little upset if I came back form the dead and all I could wear was that horrible Red Robin costume.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#16  Edited By No_Name_

Philip Tan is a beast

Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Omg chris

the new red hood has to be jason there's no way around

Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Babs said:
"Philip Tan is a beast "

Agreed
Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kurrent
@Babs said:
" Philip Tan is a beast "
I agree that picture is sick!
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I am really interested about this new Red Hood, and his creepy doll girl sidekick

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SUNMAN

its Jason

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By danhimself

I'll probably end up being wrong but I don't think it's Jason

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SUNMAN
@danhimself said:
" I'll probably end up being wrong but I don't think it's Jason "
remember how everyone was saying how Dick was way to obvious a choice to win the cowl even though he was the only logical winner, well the same goes for this situation, unless this is just a completely new comic character
burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By burr787
@Kurrent said:
" @Babs said:
" Philip Tan is a beast "
I agree that picture is sick! "
The costume actually looks pretty good now, I think the only problem with it before was that Quitley's art style didn't suit it.
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By danhimself
@SUNMAN said:
"@danhimself said:
remember how everyone was saying how Dick was way to obvious a choice to win the cowl even though he was the only logical winner, well the same goes for this situation, unless this is just a completely new comic character"
I don't think it's obvious at all yet....the "sidekick" is what's making me think it's not Jason....he doesn't seem like the type to have a sidekick....and if he did decide to go back to the Red Hood identity then why the completely different costume.....I'm leaning towards t being a completely new character
Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Media_Master

that girl needs plastic surgery ASAP

blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By blade hunter

if he was'nt in jail then i would say its hush

TheBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheBug

All signs point to Jason, but I would have liked him to stay out of the comics a bit longer. I need a Jason break.
I was really thinking that DC would want to surprise us and not make Dick Grayson Batman, because it was the obvious choice, but they didn't. Hopefully Red Hood will be a surprise.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Maybe its David Cain

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SUNMAN
@danhimself said:
"@SUNMAN said:
"@danhimself said:
remember how everyone was saying how Dick was way to obvious a choice to win the cowl even though he was the only logical winner, well the same goes for this situation, unless this is just a completely new comic character"
I don't think it's obvious at all yet....the "sidekick" is what's making me think it's not Jason....he doesn't seem like the type to have a sidekick....and if he did decide to go back to the Red Hood identity then why the completely different costume.....I'm leaning towards t being a completely new character"

all I am saying is if its not Jason than it has to be a completely new character. It won't be Cain or Deathstroke, it will noot be the new black mask.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NightFang3

I say its the Joker or Jason.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By danhimself
@SUNMAN said:
"@danhimself said:
"@SUNMAN said:
"@danhimself said:
I don't think it's obvious at all yet....the "sidekick" is what's making me think it's not Jason....he doesn't seem like the type to have a sidekick....and if he did decide to go back to the Red Hood identity then why the completely different costume.....I'm leaning towards t being a completely new character"
all I am saying is if its not Jason than it has to be a completely new character. It won't be Cain or Deathstroke, it will noot be the new black mask. "

I agree with you there...I'm not saying it is or isn't Jason, just that I don't think it's obvious yet....the only thing we know is that the guy's name is the Red Hood and I don't think that's enough to say it's definitely Jason yet
Dr. Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33  Edited By Dr. Maxwell

jason wears the Red Hood for the same reason Bruce wore the Bat, they both are related to very traumatizing events in their life that they feared

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DEGRAAF
@SUNMAN said:
"@danhimself said:
"@SUNMAN said:
"@danhimself said:
all I am saying is if its not Jason than it has to be a completely new character. It won't be Cain or Deathstroke, it will noot be the new black mask. "

good point about the partner thing with jason i didnt really think about that or the new costume. I say its someone new.

Deathstroke would be dumb to get a new costume
gohanman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gohanman

First  I love how They brought back the old red hood helmet for the character. Second, to my opinion it has to be Jason Todd ( I hope ) because he is already skill in tons of different weapons so a pair of guns are nothing and he is also trying this gig again of trying to ruin the rep of another hero such as when he dress as nightwing and start killing people just to ruin Dick image so he just playing a twisted game of messing with the new gotham duo heads of being the new protector of gotham.

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By goldenkey

no way it's Todd. 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pixelized

worst costume ever

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@pixelized:
Red hood or his dollgirl sidekick?
frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By frischdvh

I think its Mysterio....

The Messanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The Messanger

I don't get it why they call him the Red Hood? It's a Red Mask/Helmet thats Metal?

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#41  Edited By harleyquinn12
@Knightwraithe:
It's probably is Joker.
Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Bruce Vain

it is more logical for this Red Hood to be Jason Todd once again.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pixelized
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @pixelized: Red hood or his dollgirl sidekick? "
Red Hood
jokershade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#44  Edited By jokershade

i just really like that he has red guns

PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PrimeDirective
I'd be okay with it being either Jason Todd or Joker and here's why...
Jason Todd - Honestly... It'd be the obvious pick, but that's only because it's so perfect. He's been Red Hood before and he's the coolest anti-hero since Winter Soldier, mostly because Jason Todd is DC's Bucky. If he felt so strongly that the legendary image of Batman needed to start crossing some lines, then just because he lost the battle for the cowl, doesn't mean that he'd quit on the overall vision, just seek an alternate outlet. The Red Hood identity is perfect to get that out. Also, we all know Jason Todd can't be hung out to dry. He's been just too good of a character as of late to simply vanish into obscurity again so soon. And who better to become Dick Grayson's arch-rival/nemesis?
Joker - Honestly... It'd be the wild card pick, but that's only because it's so perfect. Wait, say what?!? Yes, Joker was our original introduction to the Red Hood persona so of course he'd be a great person to sport the identity. Say nothing of the fact that Joker knows Batman and the Robins by extension so well, I'm almost certain that Joker's going to take one look at the new Batman and know it's not the real one and that it's the first Robin/Nightwing. Considering Batman and the Joker's complex relationship and how it's been said they can't truly exist without the other, it's possible that Joker might start fighting crime without the real Batman around. Huh?!? He's been shown in the past to revert to sanity when Batman was thought dead, only to flip out again when Batman was revealed to still be alive. It's possible from that angle, though rather unlikely. I wouldn't mind it however, as that would make Red Hood the single most unstable figure within Gotham City.
GLRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By GLRavn

Jason Todd

GLRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By GLRavn
@FrischDVH:  @FrischDVH said:
"

I think its Mysterio....

"
LOL
Sinestron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sinestron

As much as I would LOVE for jason todd to return and as much sense as it does make that it is him, I dont think its going to to turn out how we think it will.

glrayner85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By glrayner85
@DEGRAAF said:
"sure looks like it could be jason to me and i hope it is, that would explain the circus theme since he knows dicks background. I would love for it to be him.I dont think it will be tho "

I totally agree, I hope he is jason and it would make sense, but it probably wont be just because i would like it to be.Ha.
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DEGRAAF

if it were jason it would also go along with his past with dick. He used to dress up like dick and act as nightwing, so now that that is over, him dressing up as batman and now portraying something from a time when dicks parents died would make total sense

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.