Follow

Batman and Robin

Team » Batman and Robin appears in 3687 issues.

Potentially the best known and popular partnership of heroes in comic books, the dynamic duo is a team comprised of the legendary Batman and his loyal sidekick Robin. The identities of Batman and Robin have varied over time, but the titles have endured.

Unscripted: Batman And Robin #11

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GT-Man

i wonder if hes batman

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Am I really the only one who while liking Grant Morrison doesn't want him any where near the main stream characters?
    Bruce died in RIP and Final Night so which is how it actually happend? Craziest part? Both were written by the same mad Scot!!!
    Batman's lost in time? Batman's just about the most grounded superhero ever.
    And all these ridiculous new characters? A villainous digger in Batman and Robin#7? Please when Brue comes back have him personaly give Morrison the boot.

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#3  Edited By HaloKing343

I'm still thinking that Oberon is the Joker
    Timm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Timm

I hope Oberon is nobody of consequence... you know, an original character and not a reconstructa con. that would make this story and character way more interesting.

Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @HaloKing343: 
    Am I outta the loop?
    What makes you think he's the joker?
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gylan Thomas

And look how Morrison treated wonder woman in final night?
    Is that the work of a great writer?

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By johnny_spam
    @Gylan Thomas: @Gylan Thomas said:
    " Am I really the only one who while liking Grant Morrison doesn't want him any where near the main stream characters? Bruce died in RIP and Final Night so which is how it actually happend? Craziest part? Both were written by the same mad Scot!!! Batman's lost in time? Batman's just about the most grounded superhero ever. And all these ridiculous new characters? A villainous digger in Batman and Robin#7? Please when Brue comes back have him personaly give Morrison the boot. "
    Calling a billionaire who's parents were killed in a bad neighborhood and he avenges them dressed as a bat is not realistic or grounded in the first place, Batman was fighting vampires in his early adventures in 1939.  And he never died in the first place people just thought he did. 
    Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

#8  Edited By carnivalofsins00

"...a mad on for Dick." haha.

spiderguylll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spiderguylll

He better not be Bruce, in fact he should stay gone cause Dick is WAY entaining as Batman
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10  Edited By jakob187

Just finished reading this issue.  I ABSOLUTELY AGREE with the art on Talia and the character at the end!  U-G-L-Y!  There were also moments that I really didn't like the art on Damian and Dick.  There is definitely a Frank Quitely feel to the art, but I think that's the problem - Philip Tan and Andy Clarke both seem to be trying to implement elements of Frank's work into it, and it's causing their own art to fall to the wayside.  Andy is a very talented artist, and there's really no reason for what is in this book. 

WITH THAT SAID...the story was good.  All of the stuff about the mythological names, like Barbatos and such, really has me intrigued as to where all that stuff is leading. 

Do I think that Oberron is Bruce?  I think all of us WANT it to be Bruce, but we know it won't be.  There's also a part at the end, in the preview boxes for the next issue, that shows Oberron taking the mask off.  Therefore, I'm guessing B&R #12 will show who he is.  I have a feeling that, because of that very still moment you showed where Damian asked if he was Bruce Wayne, is going to end up being a rather interesting reveal.  I kind of want it to be Bruce, but all the build-up tells me it won't be. 

If I had to guess... 

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By doordoor123
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By doordoor123
    @jakob187:  no thanks. do i need one? it wasnt that big of a spoiler. the entire review was kind of a spoiler.
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By johnny_spam

All those religious elements are there because Hurt is  the Devil, and his henchmen are named after real demons.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Yung ANcient One

G-Man:How does he keep his glasses on

Babs:thats like asking how does nightwing keep his mask on

she defends dr. hurt but with MR X shes like

How do u fight with those(sun glasses) anyways. Dont they fall off?

and She laughs when G-Man pokes fun of Mr. X... but when he does the same joke on Dr Hurt. she rolls her eyes like 

Lets keep going

FUNNY

and im such a loser for pointing that out

http://www.comicvine.com/unscripted-wolverine-mr-x/112-786/
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Seeing how Bruce Wayne is on his way back. I'm going to have to make a 4koma based on that. I have a commission to finish and I should be able to work on it. I already have something written after I heard Bruce was going to time travel. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to format the images for the best impact.  Just to warn everyone. There will be nudity.
    I just have some questions about Harley Quinn and Catwoman. I'm unsure if I want to involve Harley in the punchline.

Hey, G-Man has a valid point about the sunglasses. Let alone how he sees in the dark with them on. When it comes to Nightwing's mask. There is always double stick tape or cosmetic adhesives. I used to ticker with those for Halloween masks.

thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thehood

Sometimes I really wish I was reading Batman. You guys make it sound so great. I think the guy who runs the comic book store would freak out if he saw me buy a DC book though... he once apologized for putting my books in a Blackest Night bag...

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#17  Edited By No_Name_
    @doordoor123 said:
    " @jakob187:  no thanks. do i need one? it wasnt that big of a spoiler. the entire review was kind of a spoiler. "
    Can you please use the spoiler tag  next time?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
    @TheHood said:
    " Sometimes I really wish I was reading Batman. You guys make it sound so great. I think the guy who runs the comic book store would freak out if he saw me buy a DC book though... he once apologized for putting my books in a Blackest Night bag... "
    Why would he do that?  Is he, like, mental or something? 

Then again, I'm a Vertigo whore, soooo...I'd probably be telling you to read Joe the Barbarian, Daytripper, Northlanders, and Scalped before Batman & Robin anyways...
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By doordoor123
    @Babs:  sorry =/
    mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mattydeNero

READ R.E.B.E.L.S.!!!!  That's where I found Andy Clarke.  Read that book if you like space and STARRO. 

The end of this issue is going to suck if you don't know who it is on the last page.  The guy's a creeper...but it wasn't an "OMG" type of finish. 

What confused me was the change in the color of the hair on the weirdo at the beginning of the issue.  Can't wait to see who Oberon Sexton is.  I posed Damien's question to Oberon in this issue LAST issue.  Interesting.   

I would be elated if Sexton turns out to be JEAN PAUL VALLEY.  I know he appeared "dead" during the Blackest Night but I think he may not have made the cut of DC's "12 apostles" for a reason...maybe?!
    thehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thehood
    @jakob187:  LOL, nah, he just knows I'm a Marvel fanboy.
    timrothsays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#22  Edited By timrothsays

Sexton = Dr. Hurt = Thomas Wayne
    THAT explains a bloody W letter on his back and they just look indentical (compare Hurt in Batman R.I.P. and Oberon on the first pages)

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By G'bandit
    Meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Meteora

I do have a question for you guys.. Isn't this a little reckless from Damian's part?

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I think Sexton is Thomas Wayne sadly

JR_84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JR_84

G-Man you are definitely  a comic enthusiast!  
    You're always excited about the comics you review and the lowest rating I've seen you give to a comic is 3,5, which isn't really a bad rating, are there any comics you don't like? or is it that you never review bad book?    

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MrKlorox

Puns are great. Remove the "on" syllable from the end of both names and you get a name that sounds like "Over-sexed".

This is my first Comic Vine video and I was really thrown off by the extreme stereo separation. You guys need to add a little bit of crossfeed for headphone users. At least on the low end.

buns134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By buns134
    @Babs:

My store didnt have number 10 could you pm me what happened in that issue?
    buns134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By buns134
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#30  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @JR_84: I have to admit that the comics I pick to review for the videos are usually ones I'm more excited about. I know we should do Unscripted on some of the not so stellar ones but when it comes to the time required to filme, edit, etc, it's kind of hard to want to do that. You can read my written reviews. My stats say my average is a 3.5. That means that there has be loads of reviews that are 3 or below in order to average to a 3.5. For example, I recently gave a Deadpool Team-up one star.
     http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/g_man/reviews/
    Avatar image for batarrowlantern
    batarrowlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By batarrowlantern

Oberon is not Bruce is my thinking I could be wrong

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Maybe it is grown up Damian 0.o.

Also Deathstroke would definitely rather kill Dick with his bare hands I call WTF on that notion

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jakob187
    @G'bandit said:
    " @jakob187: 

"
    Hey, I'm the same guy that if I got a chance to write Batman, I would write the most f***ed up and amazing storyline ever... 

...because I would have Bruce kill The Joker...and then give up the cowl to Dick for good... 

...and both would stay permanent as far as I'm concerned. 

Seriously, I HATE the idea that Bruce is coming back and that he'll probably be Batman again.  For once, Batman is FINALLY getting to be something EXCITING again, not some stale character that has been locked in the same place for so damn long.  The only REAL thing that anyone could do in order to make Bruce both relevant and interesting is to have him kill The Joker.  Not by accident, not by fluke mistake, but seriously say "you know what, this needs to happen, BAM" and do it.  THAT would be a far more interesting story to me - journey through the mind of a man who has vowed his whole life to never kill, and he finally does it...and the emotional repercussions that it holds. 

I don't know...that's just me. 

I still think that my previous spoiler warning is who Sexton is, though, solely because he's living in the graveyard it would seem...and there's a secret passage down to that whole thing that Dick found.  As for Hurt...I'm assuming that whole thing was going on while the events with Sexton, Damian, Dick, and Alfred was happening...so in turn, I don't think Sexton can be in two places at once. 

I just think it would be really interesting to see Morrison throw a loop like that into the story and continuity...and plus, we don't know where the actual Return of Bruce Wayne is going to be going...so it could very easily turn out that way. 

Regardless...I don't want Bruce back.  I'm in a vastly small minority on that, but I think that Dick can be a great Batman...IF he is given the chance.
    JR_84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JR_84
    @G-Man:  
    Ok  I see now that you do give bad review every now and then!  
    Anyway your reviews are always-spot on and you have great insight and background knowledge about everything that goes on in the book and what came before.  
    I rarely miss your video reviews even when it's for a book I don't necessarily care for! 
    Keep up the good work!
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#35  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Son_of_Magnus: Exactly. Deathstroke would want to be there in person. Not where ever they're hiding out, attached to some VR thing.

@JR_84: Yeah, I've had some people telling me I only give high ratings. But the proof is there that I don't. Glad you dig the videos/reviews.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like this series, and Red Robin for that matter. strangely im not finding myself trying to figure
    out the identity of O.Sexton. anyone that knows me knows im usually really into that too. im more just 
    about the story and characters with this for whatever reason, i dunno. love the dialogue too.

@mattydee007 said:

"
    READ R.E.B.E.L.S.!!!!  That's where I found Andy Clarke.  Read that book if you like space and STARRO."
    i endorse this opinion. i await every issue of that series.
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By Jotham
    @HaloKing343 said:
    " I'm still thinking that Oberon is the Joker "
    Weird, I thought the same thing in the last issue. Having him be Bruce is way too obvious and definitely not something Morrison would do.

Also, I don't know when Bruce is supposed to make his triumphant return, but...
    kal-el09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By kal-el09

i think i might know who oberon sexton is...look at B.A.R #11 the cover has question marks all over it, also sexton says some kind of phrase or riddle maybe? "the solution to the riddle of the corn dollie will have to wait" also sexton  said he's a detective...and for a short time so was the riddler, and we all want to know who he is...who is oberon sexton? is the big question, but i also have a theory to the riddler being the domino killer, the riddler wears a domino mask,the domino game is already hard to play as it is, also if sexton is the riddler you see him holding that domino in B.A.R #11 and he holds that shovel like a cane too. that's pretty much all i have to the riddler being the domino killer and oberon sexton  and the colors kind of remind me of the riddler for some reason i just read it again and i looked for some clues in the book that morrison might have added and i found secret question marks in some of the pages, look for yourselfs

waruikumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By waruikumo

I wonder if Oberon, is Thomas Wayne, and Dr. Hurt is Dr. Hurt/ the Thomas Wayne from history that was a devil worshipper.  And when bruce was thrown back in time he was  "tasked" with saving his relatives/he did save his relatives, which allows the "Wayne" blood line to continue.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jotham

I thought it was fairly obvious that Bruce's devil worshipping ancestor was, in fact, Bruce himself. Maybe I misread, though.

@kal-el09: The Riddler is actually a pretty good guess.

kal-el09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By kal-el09
    @Jotham: yeah but i also have some speculation to sexton maybe being the joker, cause hurt appeared in the first pages of #11...and joker was working for dr. hurt in R.I.P and he hasn't been seen since but who we'll find out next issue
    Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#42  Edited By Dr. Detfink

He's definitely not Bruce Wayne...in fact, just by saying, "Are you Bruce Wayne?" automatically spells out that you won't know until the final page of Bruce Wayne returns. But if I had to guess it's one of the League of Heroes.  

Dr. Hurt makes the most sense, though I love the idea of the Riddler.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SmoothJammin

What I'm having trouble figuring out is how they suddenly trip upon this 'previously undiscovered area" outside Wayne Manor after having lived there for so long.

Also in that underground cave Dick fell into with the fresh paint/candles/Barbatos Statue is it possible Bruce may have tried to perform a ritual there just prior..?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.