Follow

Batman and Robin

Team » Batman and Robin appears in 3650 issues.

Potentially the best known and popular partnership of heroes in comic books, the dynamic duo is a team comprised of the legendary Batman and his loyal sidekick Robin. The identities of Batman and Robin have varied over time, but the titles have endured.

Unscripted: Batman And Robin #10

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lostlantern13

The stuff with the colorist kinda surprised me. I didn't notice it was the same guy. 

I definitely feel like Morrison's been waiting to tell this tale, but I'm glad he gave Dick time to get cozy in the cape and cowl. I dunno if I'm more excited to see more clue about the time travel saga or to see more of this Oberon Sexton fellow. I'm ready for Morrison to ramp up the action in the next issue. 

Good job, guys.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Theodore

This was an awesome issue.
     I can't wait to know who Sexton is.
    Good review.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Is anyone else a tad sick of the psychotic son theme that seems to be permeating all comics. It just feels like writers now have a lot of "Daddy Issues". Just look at all the sons in comics right now that have serious psychological issues. Marvel has Daken and Skaar. DC has Damian and his looming psychopathic tendencies.

AHH! Save the ratings for last! I like to listen to you both speak, then try and deduce what your ratings will be. I've been able to guess G-Man and Babs' ratings fairly consistently.

So, Bruce is his own Grand Pa!!??

I've had a theory for a while that there is a bat cave-drawing in the Batcave somewhere.

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Queen's Halo

I haven't read this book, 'couse I hate the covers. Not a big fan of Batman and Robin either. Maybe now I'll pick it up.

mimschkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5  Edited By mimschkin

I was considering dropping this too. This review has made me even more conflicted, grr. I guess I'm obliged to since I have the rest of the series. And it's only like 6(?) more issues until it's finished.

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By DMC

This issue was good but I can't get over how bad Talia looks in this issue. I questioned if that was even her before the script confirmed it.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF

i loved this issue. I kinda saw this coming since his mom supplied the new spine. I think its great that they are showing so much of Damiens emotions towards Dick and him teaming up like Dick is the first one to give him a chance. I absolutely love it. Just because of this i hope that Damien and Dick stay team mates. So it sounds like Obern Sexton (however you say his name) is going to end up being Bruce Wayne in our time.
    burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By burr787

I've heard so many theories about Sexton that I have no clue who he is. But it's been narrowed down to Bruce, the original Knight, Mangrove Pierce(I think that's his name), or the Joker. Right now I'm leaning toward the Joker. My reasons are that; he knew about the Red Hood and he said that his wife was killed and his face was disfigured by criminals. But I've also heard that Damian might be the reborn version of Bruce from the Omega Effect, so right now it's to soon to tell.

Also on Bruce changing the future. That's not the case, Grant Morrison said in his interview with IGN that Bruce can't change the future, so everything in the mansion was there long before Bruce became Batman.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By johnny_spam
    @FoxxFireArt said:

" Is anyone else a tad sick of the psychotic son theme that seems to be permeating all comics. It just feels like writers now have a lot of "Daddy Issues". Just look at all the sons in comics right now that have serious psychological issues. Marvel has Daken and Skaar. DC has Damian and his looming psychopathic tendencies.  AHH! Save the ratings for last! I like to listen to you both speak, then try and deduce what your ratings will be. I've been able to guess G-Man and Babs' ratings fairly consistently.  So, Bruce is his own Grand Pa!!??  I've had a theory for a while that there is a bat cave-drawing in the Batcave somewhere. "

@FoxxFireArt:  

I don't know if you read the issue but  

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @johnny spam: 
    Does that also include when he has threatened to stab Stephanie Brown?
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By johnny_spam
    @FoxxFireArt said:

" @johnny spam:  Does that also include when he has threatened to stab Stephanie Brown? "

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @FoxxFireArt:
    Like that Futurama episode
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tyler Starke

if you notice all you have to do is read the bold letters in this comic and you'll get the gist of whats going on.

Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tyler Starke

Babs hates Dick grayson sooooo much, haha

brewski420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 123

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By brewski420
    @burr787:
    yea i'm thinking Oberon Sexton is Bruce Wayne. But the theory about Sexton being the Joker would def be a bigger surprise. But wht would cause the Joker to change so drastically?
    Tyler Starke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tyler Starke
    I'm just wondering when Morrison is going to bring out Dr. Hurt again or a.k.a the devil

Edit: I just checked Doctor Hurt's wiki page here, and his power rank in the battles is number 666 that is amazing hahah
    Theansweris42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Theansweris42

I hate watching these Batman reviews.  I'm doing my best to budget my comics but you guys keep making me want to get into Batman when my bank account won't allow it.  Oh well, that's what trade books are for.

Ps. Putting the score before makes the review flow better.

easye777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By easye777
    Joe Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Joe Venom

heh, candelabra................ you just don't hear that word spoken too often these days 

Another great review! but I like the rating better at the end

raidenexe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By raidenexe

I'm pretty sure the scandal involving Bruce Wayne's parents were cleared up by Alfred in the Last Rites storyline. Alfred said that the photo was doctored because he did not look like that when he was younger.
    greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By greenenvy

Damian is robin?! No wonder he wants to kill batman  haha. You name the new robin Damian and make him kill batman! huh ok.
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#22  Edited By HaloKing343

I like this and how could you consiter dropping this series?
    burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By burr787
    @brewski420 said:
    " @burr787: yea i'm thinking Oberon Sexton is Bruce Wayne. But the theory about Sexton being the Joker would def be a bigger surprise. But wht would cause the Joker to change so drastically? "
    For one thing, Bruce being gone might have changed the Joker. He always has said the day that Batman dies is the day that he gives up. Proof of that is in DKR and Going Sane. Another thing that leads me to believe that he's not Bruce is in the scene where the men come to kill Sexton, Sexton escapes by climbing down a storm drain. If he was Bruce I would assume that he would kick their asses or would have have escaped more impressively. I think that Joker, the Domino Killer, and Sexton are all the same person.
    Avatar image for batarrowlantern
    batarrowlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By batarrowlantern

I think this site is great I need to know something.Now do you two make money off this site or is this just a hobby.

Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
    @DEGRAAF: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat???????????
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Mbecks14

I thought this issue was really really good!!! Very interesting!  The mystery is fascinating, Damian was great, Dick was great, the whole issue was great. Im going with a 4.5

I noticed the Batmobile thing immediately too! And how have they not explored the manor this much before? He must be planting these things. I hope Damian sticks around as Robin, i love Tim Drake, but i say keep him around.

Talia looked terrible

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Great issue.  Oberon Sexton is pretty badass and any issue with Talia in it gets my approval. Nice review.

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By Joey Ravn

Great issue. Very Morrison-like: full of little details that tie it to past arcs, some questions answered, many more asked. Can hardly wait for #11... and in 2 months, #12! YAY!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29  Edited By jakob187

I'm glad to hear that the series has finally picked back up!  Gotta grab this ASAP.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Mbecks14 said:

"I thought this issue was really really good!!! Very interesting!  The mystery is fascinating, Damian was great, Dick was great, the whole issue was great. Im going with a 4.5  I noticed the Batmobile thing immediately too! And how have they not explored the manor this much before? He must be planting these things. I hope Damian sticks around as Robin, i love Tim Drake, but i say keep him around. Talia looked terrible "

I agree with everything. What about the batmobile? My thought was they never noticed it before bc Bruce is changing the past so these things would technically be new but if it was done in the past i agree with you that these things should have been around ahile Bruce and Tim were growing up and while Alfred served there for so long. 

@THEBlaqueBasterd: 
    What are you saying to about? 

@burr787
    said:

For one thing, Bruce being gone might have changed the Joker. He always has said the day that Batman dies is the day that he gives up. Proof of that is in DKR and Going Sane. Another thing that leads me to believe that he's not Bruce is in the scene where the men come to kill Sexton, Sexton escapes by climbing down a storm drain. If he was Bruce I would assume that he would kick their asses or would have have escaped more impressively. I think that Joker, the Domino Killer, and Sexton are all the same person."

No they mention that he might not be in his right mind to remember that he is in fact Bruce
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By danhimself

the only problem I had with this issue was how Dick found the secret Bat Cave...."Oh look where the guy in this painting is looking!  There must me something over there."  such lame dialogue

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @danhimself:
    lol  didnt he say that the guy in one picture was looking at the guy in the next picture which then led them to the book he was holding and once they go to the library they find something? That whole part just reminded me or J and K from Men in Black 2 in the Pizza Parlor trying to find clues
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By danhimself
    @DEGRAAF:  yeah it was something like that...he just jump to these huge conclusions out of no where
    clasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By clasp

I think you guys really missed the ball on this review.  Well, at least the guy did.  He spent a lot of time speculating about things in the issue that are clear as day "why did these pictures change?  why do they all look alike?  why is there a bat there?"  Furthermore, it's just one issue.  Let Grant develop his arc and let's see how this all plays out over the summer.  Who wants all their answers up front? 

I also would prefer to see you guys discuss why this issue is arguably good or bad (personally, I think it's one of the best issues of Batman ever written) instead of just giving a summary of the story without spoilers.  This issue is beyond great.  It's pure, unapologetic silver age zaniness and it couldn't be better.    

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
    carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By carnivalofsins00

i picked this issue up and started reading it and im in love with it already. should i go back and get issues 1 through 9?

novakidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By novakidx

getting the batman vs. robin trade
    also cool to see the return tips from before when I've already read all 6

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.