Off My Mind: Why the Return of a Robin Will Change the Dynamic Duo

• 55 results
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@sbyrstall: Actually 'd prefer they have a 12yr REAL time death lock out. You want to kill someone, fine! But they stay dead, out of comics and not to come back for 12 years. Say you killed them in 2014, they won't reappear until at LEAST 2026 so their return and their death means something.

It means you have to be real careful on who you decide to kill.

But Marvel nor DC read these...

MICKEY-MOUSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@batkevin74 said:

Another dumb money grabbing ploy with a now pointless death from the revolving door of comic book afterlife.

As a batfan it pains me both in my heart and my wallet when this type of Strategic Hurtful Irrational Tiding happens and it happens all too often!! Whatever happened to a good story with good art? Whatever happened to the stand alone story that did fit within the confines of the universe? Why did event after event after crossover after crossover become acceptable?

These questions will never be answered, well not to me as I am just a lowly comic purchaser. DC (or any other company for that matter) don't answer to me...except that they do! My money, along with whoever else is buying, keeps them going until the next movie/action figure line/tv series etc comes along. My opinion DOES matter but only when it is heard in conjuction with other irrate, fed up fans who loudly, politely and often voice their dislike at the Strategic Hurtful Irrational Tiding's they dish up upon our favourite characters.

My lone voice on a fan site is not enough to change their mind, especially not during an anniversary year for him of the cape and cowl.

If you also are annoyed at these type of Strategic Hurtful Irrational Tiding's that plague comic books then please write to your publisher and express this concern and maybe, just maybe we'll be heard.

Thank you for your time, I return you to memes and such

I'm in the same boat as you. We know Marvel just killed off Wolverine. We'll have the next year of those close to him lament his passing. Then, shocl & awe, Wolvie returns, in full health, ready to kick butt. Sorry, death as a revolving door was the last straw for me. I bet the Mavel and DC entities of Death are having massive migranes.

I want the next Marvel and DC event to be "Death kills Everyone!!".

That would actually make a great story. Death gets pissed off because his job feels meaningless because Superheroes keep returning back from the dead. The other major abstract entities start to question Death's level of work which further puts pressure on him. Death finally says screw it, and starts collecting some payback.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

gor724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Batman needs to realize the whole Robin thing is a bad idea. Seriously, he's basically killing kids.

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great feature. Damian having powers doesn't bother me as he will most likely lose them at some point. I'll be happy as long as Damian's character stays the same. Glad my favourite Robin is coming back!

jayc1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian and his super powers better be contained to the batman and robin series. I don't wanna see that stuff in detective comics and batman.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I love this. Damian is back yay. Damian is back with superpowers double yay. Im buying this for sure.

Avatar image for teddy_the_god_killer
teddy_the_god_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine loses his powers and dies...Damien was dead and comes back with powers. When DC and Marvel started pushing out multiple series simultaneously, usually for the same character. They originality over time is reduced significantly to the point of recycling and sharing ideas. A little permanency would be nice. I agree with some of the previous comments. I remember when Superman's death was on national news...a comic on the news! Would never really occur again, save controversy.

Avatar image for kylemurdoch1990
kylemurdoch1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is stupid. One of my favorite comics of all time is Batman Confidential #666 and while I knew they would never actually make that future canon this isn't even close. Everyone knew Damian would be back, which was stupid in the first place, but to bring him back with powers defeats the attraction of the character.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ThanosIsMad
No Caption Provided

This is the only suitable way for Damian to return. He must come back as Redbird.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.