Is Batman too hard on Robin?

Big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Big

Batman is undoubtedly a task master when it comes to giving out orders and expecting results. What can you expect, he's the world's greatest detective and the Dark Knight. But just as he can go too far in punishing criminals, how often does his style cross the line with his own proteges?

This is for your own good!
This is for your own good!
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Crom-Cruach

considering the cost if the Robins don't live up to it (Jason Todd and Stephany Brown). I think his harshness is necessary.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mutant X
@Crom-Cruach said:

" considering the cost if the Robins don't live up to it (Jason Todd and Stephany Brown). I think his harshness is necessary. "

Agreed. Look how well Dick and Tim turned out.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Mutant X:  indeed, heroes worthy of standing shoulder to shoulder with the best of them.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Primmaster64

poor Jason

Big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Big
@Crom-Cruach:
Maybe it wasn't his approach, but their own limitations that made them fail. Maybe the pressure was too great. Could he have approached Jason and Stephanie differently, perhaps?
DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By DH69

lol the following words should never be in the same sentence when adressing batman and robin. "batman" "hard on" "robin"

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Big said:
" @Crom-Cruach: Maybe it wasn't his approach, but their own limitations that made them fail. Maybe the pressure was too great. Could he have approached Jason and Stephanie differently, perhaps? "
Who knows? Bruce is human, despite what his fanboys might lead us to believe. He makes mistakes, and he can be arrogant at times. Once he comes back, he'll have chance to start over with Stephanie being as she is the new batgirl. As for Jason, unfortunately, his place is in a padded prison cell.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Primmaster64
@DH69 said:
" lol the following words should never be in the same sentence when adressing batman and robin. "batman" "hard on" "robin" "
Perv
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

He's not too harsh toward his protegés; he looks at them like his children. 

Miller's Batman is a psycho though, that version is an abusive nutjob toward Dick.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
"  Miller's Batman is a psycho though, that version is an abusive nutjob toward Dick. "
What do you expect, after Dark Knight returns, Miller began a slow descent into insanity that eventually led to the awful Dark Knight strikes again.
The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By The Sadhu

Far from it!
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Crom-Cruach said:

" @FadeToBlackBolt said:

"  Miller's Batman is a psycho though, that version is an abusive nutjob toward Dick. "
What do you expect, after Dark Knight returns, Miller began a slow descent into insanity that eventually led to the awful Dark Knight strikes again. "
I know. I have a soft spot for that book because my parents bought it for me to cheer me up, (they just scanned for any Batman graphic novel I didn't have lol), but it's really not a good story. 

Miller is just exploitative and, like you said, insane in his writing now, to the point of it being ridiculous. I think Mark Millar is heading down a similar path with his Icon work.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
"   Miller is just exploitative and, like you said, insane in his writing now, to the point of it being ridiculous. I think Mark Millar is heading down a similar path with his Icon work. "
and the way woman are represented in his later work, UGH! Vicki Vale in All-Star Batman and robin was awful.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt said:
"   Miller is just exploitative and, like you said, insane in his writing now, to the point of it being ridiculous. I think Mark Millar is heading down a similar path with his Icon work. "
and the way woman are represented in his later work, UGH! Vicki Vale in All-Star Batman and robin was awful. "
What are you talking about? Didn't you know that women are all over-sexualised and insatiable creatures that want to sleep with psychotic vigilantes? 

(SARCASM BOMB)
Big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Big

@DH69:

How about, "How hard is Bruce on Dick?"
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@FadeToBlackBolt:  Yes, sorry for this temporary lapse of reason

*sarcasm*
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Crom-Cruach: Something I could never understand, what's with his obsession for the term "Nuke"? Robocop 2 and Born Again (which I love) both use the term quite a lot.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@FadeToBlackBolt: some handicap in the lower section perhaps? Also the source of his growing insanity?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.