#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
daflip134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By daflip134

the paramedics at the end of  #6 was from Talia, even Dick says that, and all of Damain's appearances in the other Bat-books were pre-Blackest Night, and Batman & Robin is post-Blackest night, so thats whats up with continuity 

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By iLLituracy

I don't think it's Bruce. I agree it seems really rushed, like there should be a issue between and the transitioning between is really confusing, but I trust Morrison wrote it that way for a reason. The preview for the next issue shows that whoever comes out of the Pit is going to fight Dick.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By No_Name_
@daflip134: Even if that's the case, since when does Dick trust Talia?
RedRobin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By RedRobin92

@ Babs: I couldn't agree with you more on this one. The editing mistakes really bothered me, some of Dick's dialogue was akward and out of character, and the constant lack of continuity kept me frustrated. By far the weakest issue of a very promising series. The best part about it was Quietly's cover. Hopefully, the second issue of this arc will make up for it.
sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sociald1077

Totally agree with the 2 out of 5. Poor editing, confusing story and poor fitting art do not make for a good book. 

Might get flamed for this, but IMO Morrison needs to pull his head out of his ass when it comes to this Batman run. How can Jason have so much of a sway over Dick that he back peddles on his views about pit? I mean he was reprimanding Tim about this exact thing in the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul.

123jeffc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 123jeffc

I'm digging the Regal Beagle shirt.

stormshadow7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stormshadow7

is it possible that someday we are gooing to have story like the old day. 4 issues the storyline is over !!!!!!!!   
JackAs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JackAs

Was I the only one hoping Batman stayed dead?

bjames40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bjames40

thank God someone else is confused....i didn't think my short term had gotten that bad.
Sylar0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sylar0

Thisstory was so confusing but I still think that was not Bruce and that he is still alive. But I totally agreed with the review the story was just to confusing and poor edited.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By FoxxFireArt

I'm saying, the body is one of those Darkseid Bruce clones. When he was trying to make an army with Bruce's drive. They all died because they couldn't handle the stress of all of Bruce's memories that Lump was trying to fill them with. 
The idea that Superman can identify Bruce by his bone marrow is both ridiculous and creepy at the same time.

@Babs:
Does Dick have reason not to trust Talia with the welfare of her own son?

@JackAs said:

" Was I the only one hoping Batman stayed dead? "
Yes. Is it lonely?
buns134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By buns134

Dick is a hypocrite.  Remember the Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul with Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and the batman maybe stupid......Darkseid?

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Theodore

hmmm... I enjoyed this issue although there were some glaring editing issues.

the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By the_fallen11

I was super confused on this issue as well, I did see that in a intervew with Grant Morrison he stated that the body of "Bruce" in this title and "Bruces" skull in Blackest night are one in the same. Blackest Knight takes place the day after Blackest Night concludes. http://comics.ign.com/articles/106/1063765p2.html     

@Babs:
   so that is Dick at the end of issue six.
Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Bergquist

that was funny in #6 when Robin callled that pink guy Gay ,lol 
ha
jaymastergwapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jaymastergwapo

i have this feeling that Bruce Wayne is the New Black Mask

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By dane

Man that dialogue switch-up confused me for like 5 minutes. I felt like I had missed a big chunk of story or something.

JCT45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JCT45
@buns134: Yea man Dick is a total hypocrite

so when Tim wants to use the Lazarus Pit its wrong but when Dick want to use it its Ok? Also whats with the yellow Lazarus pit in "Batman & Robin #7" werent all of them green? Also Also didnt Ra's have to make some kind of chemical compound for the pit to work right?
Sandbox24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sandbox24

Haha! Babs reactions to some of the stuff G-Man was coming out with was brilliant in this review.  

Oh and Clark regulary checks out peoples bone marrow?!? LOL!!!!
E.I.S.A.M.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By E.I.S.A.M.

I have a theory, I don't think Grant Morrison was exited about doing this issue. This issue's confusing, so's R.I.P. it seems he does a poor job at writing something when he just doesn't care. I may be wrong, but that just seems to be the case.

AcidKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AcidKid

As far as i know, the Batman in the latest Detective-Arc is Bruce in flashbacks. So there wouldn't be any continuity-issues.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Yung ANcient One

its called DC... Detective Comics their suppose to keep u guessing and questioning... Why cuz their DC(Detective Comics)... heheheheehehehe... whats real FUnny... is that its called DC comics... that means the name is Detective Comics comics.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Losers... hehehehe

and heres a solution... Supes was WRONG... maybe... i mean bats insulted his intelligence once... so i mean common... u expect Supes to remember Bats exact Bone marrow...

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Theodore
@JCT45 said:
" @buns134: Yea man Dick is a total hypocrite

so when Tim wants to use the Lazarus Pit its wrong but when Dick want to use it its Ok? Also whats with the yellow Lazarus pit in "Batman & Robin #7" werent all of them green? Also Also didnt Ra's have to make some kind of chemical compound for the pit to work right? "
That was one of my favorite Batman stories of all time... such a great book.
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By No_Name_
@Yung ANcient One said:

"  its called DC... Detective Comics their suppose to keep u guessing and questioning... Why cuz their DC(Detective Comics)  and heres a solution... Supes was WRONG... maybe... i mean bats insulted his intelligence once... so i mean common... u expect Supes to remember Bats exact Bone marrow... "

There's a difference between something written to keep you guessing (Like Morrison did with R.I.P.), and something that is confusing because it's just poorly written. This is the latter.
Avatar image for hero_vs__villian
hero vs. villian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By hero vs. villian

Probably wait for the next issue or the trade. I have belief in Grant Morrison as a huge fan, so I wouldn't worry, hopefully.

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Theodore

Curious about what everyone found so confusing about this issue? My only problem with it was the mixed up dialogue between Batwoman and Dick.

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol I saw the Mass Effect ads...
HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#29  Edited By HaloKing343

I liked the art
Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
Ahahahah... Babs was PISSSSSSED!!!

I think it was an ok 3.5 issue.. (not GREAT..but DEFO not mediocre) &unforgiveable tho it may be.. id never include "editorial fcuk ups" into main consideration when assessing ANY issues core quality..  Its overall story quality and art that are most important..IMHO
&just because continuity isnt EASY to follow doesnt automatically make it nonsensical, it jus sometimes means your not trying hard enough.. &have prolly gotten lazy &abit too used to over-extrapalation or lame plotdumps explainin the life out of EVERY SINGLE story.. 
Nothin wrong with workin stuff out for yourself once in a while..this IS 'Detective Comics' afterall.. but maybe thats just me... ¬_¬
Rich-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rich-Man

im not surprised with these inconsintances, if grant morrison is writing, then i think you've got to expect them! R.I.P was brilliantly confusing, but i felt final crisis answered alot of my questions and this is beginning to go down the same route... so have faith... all will be revieled.
johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By johnny_spam
@Babs: 

I feel like this will read a little like dumb fan commentary but the answers to these questions are in the issue themselves 

Those were Talia's paramedics they say so in Batman and Robin issue 6. When Damian was injured in Batman and Son Talia did the same thing. It makes sense for Dick to let Talia take him since that's what happened the first time. 

This issue was delayed because it takes place

after Blackest Night

At the end of Batman and Robin issue six that was Dick it was just Philip Tan's poor face art that made it confusing.  

Dick was referencing their first meeting in 52 probably. In Detective Comics starring Batwoman Greg Rucka says it's meant to be vague whether or not it's Dick or Bruce and I thought the last Detective was a flashback. 

On the issue of it being Bruce's bone marrow it appears the Omega Sanction leaves multiple bodies Sonny Sumo's dialogue hints at that in Final Crisis. 

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@THEBlaqueBasterd said:

" Ahahahah... Babs was PISSSSSSED!!!  I think it was an ok 3.5 issue.. (not GREAT..but DEFO not mediocre) &unforgiveable tho it may be.. id never include "editorial fcuk ups" into main consideration when assessing ANY issues core quality..  Its overall story quality and art that are most important..IMHO &just because continuity isnt EASY to follow doesnt automatically make it nonsensical, it jus sometimes means your not trying hard enough.. &have prolly gotten lazy &abit too used to over-extrapalation or lame plotdumps explainin the life out of EVERY SINGLE story..  Nothin wrong with workin stuff out for yourself once in a while..this IS 'Detective Comics' afterall.. but maybe thats just me... ¬_¬ "

It's weird. I received this message in my inbox as if this was a reply to me.

Though, a 'Detective" comic should have proper editing done in the first place. An editor or writer/artist should realize that a reader will turn a page and just assume that events are happening within a relatively short amount of time. That's why you need to point out extended time change or change in locations.
Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#34  Edited By Yung ANcient One
@johnny spam said:
" @Babs: 

I feel like this will read a little like dumb fan commentary but the answers to these questions are in the issue themselves 

Those were Talia's paramedics they say so in Batman and Robin issue 6. When Damian was injured in Batman and Son Talia did the same thing. It makes sense for Dick to let Talia take him since that's what happened the first time. 

after Blackest Night

At the end of Batman and Robin issue six that was Dick it was just Philip Tan's poor face art that made it confusing.  

Dick was referencing their first meeting in 52 probably. In Detective Comics starring Batwoman Greg Rucka says it's meant to be vague whether or not it's Dick or Bruce and I thought the last Detective was a flashback. 

On the issue of it being Bruce's bone marrow it appears the Omega Sanction leaves multiple bodies Sonny Sumo's dialogue hints at that in Final Crisis.     "
DAM SPam ... That was GOOOD
trackstar352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By trackstar352

I waited so long for this issue and now it just gives me a headache.

THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
@FoxxFireArt: 
Yehh that IS strange.. I didnt reply to you..I just made a comment about Babs' umm..passionate review, weird... =/ 

Anyway yehh, I do see your point especially when it comes to maintaining a fluid (linear) reading experience.. &the mirror speech bubble WAS unforgiveable lol.. However I just felt way too much of the review focused on what were technicalities/glitches that havent got much do with the story, rather than the ACTUAL story itself
THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
@Babs: I wouldnt think he'd HAVE TO trust her.. Bruce did & she IS Ibn al Xu'ffasch's mom afterall.. &another thing, Bruce always knew is she would do whatevers in Damiens best interests.. 

Sure.. Morrisons idiosyncs CAN be annoyin at times..but only initially &thats usually when u cant yet see the missin pieces of an even bigger picture.. &more often than not..  he almost ALWAYS pays off.. have a little faith.. Who knows he could be takin us somewhere rilly special with this one
FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FoxxFireArt
@THEBlaqueBasterd: 
That is bizarre. I have never seen that kind of problem before on here. It even said on the message that you were replying to my message. Why would I get a reply in MY inbox meant for Babs? I wonder if anyone else got that message or if it was just me.

That aside, I completely agree that the issue of the voice bubbles is really inexcusable with a publisher who has been in business as long as DC has been. I think many of the glitches they talked about did have to do with the issue and story at hand. When you are reading a comic. You should be into the story. If suddenly you are jerked out of the story. Something went wrong. I do find it presumptuous that they expected to have answers to everything. Such as who is that mystery Batman? Not everything needs to be answered right away. It's only a plot hole if it's never answered. Otherwise, it's foreshadowing.

Now, the idea of Superman identifying Bruce's body through just the sight of his bone marrow is utterly ridiculous. That makes the same level of sense as that scene in the Dark Knight movie, where Bruce identified that psycho with a print off the shattered bullet he pulled from a wall. I know a lot of the forensics of getting a print from a bullet, but what was shown in that movie was utterly IMPOSSIBLE. Once a bullet is fired, any print on the round is destroyed. Not to mention being shattered in a wall.
ComiCCloseup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By ComiCCloseup
@Babs:
This was very poor.  I just got my pull list for all of January and I read this first with high anticipation and kept turning the pages waiting.. waiting...waiting.  Then the end came full of confuison  and dissapointment especially since we had to wait an extra month for it. :(
Storm Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By Storm Rider
@johnny spam said:
" @Babs: 

after Blackest Night

At the end of Batman and Robin issue six that was Dick it was just Philip Tan's poor face art that made it confusing.      "
This pretty much sums it up for me, too. I thought it was pretty well advertised by DC that this issue would be delayed because of events in Blackest Night. The paramedics were also said to be Talia's in issue 6, so I don't see why that was so confusing, either. The dialogue switch on that one panel was annoying, but it wasn't so confusing as much as it was disappointing that someone let it slip in the editing process. 

The only Batman U book I read is Batman and Robin, so continuity questions about what other characters are doing in relation to any given issue don't even factor into my mind. I learned long ago that any time you read more than one book of any family of titles, these things will annoy the hell out of you if you let them. 

I thought this was a good-to-average issue. I'd rate it 3-3.5 out of 5.
your_navigator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By your_navigator

Tim's gonna be so pissed.

THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
@johnny spam: Good wrap up Johnny S, very concise
smalltropolis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By smalltropolis

I think Grant is confused too. First he had a great idea with the "R.I.P." storyline, but it collided with the poor  "Final Crisis" story! And now? I think at the moment he has no idea how to end it... or has he????

@JCT45 - great stuff! I was thinking the same...

StaticJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By StaticJames
@JackAs:

Yeah It seemed right that batman was dead, so we saw how his legacy still lives on without him, not a whole loads of other superheroes clinging onto his life and depending on him.
ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By ragdollpurps

so is the pirate bruce and all that just his adventures in purgatory??? o.O
THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd
@ragdollpurps: Somehow I have a feeling they just brought back the (or one of the) clones created by Darkseids minions.. & the REAL Bruce will turn up later ..unless as you said.. he's really just .."in purgatory" ruminating whether or not he should be coming back at all
jayshaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jayshaw

Give 'em hell Babs!

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By No_Name_

I like how some of you are totally okay with Talia's goons taking Damian away. This is a little out of character for Dick if you read Nightwing during Batman R.I.P.

I think I may need to get the scans.

horrorgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By horrorgasm

boy, comic fans sure get easily confused these days...

I don't suppose anyone has realized yet that the Dick/Tim fighting over the lazarus pit issues weren't written by Morrison?

Avatar image for mrswaggalicious
MrSwaggalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By MrSwaggalicious

look who grew small balls weak sauce yessss

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.