Follow

Batman and Robin

Team » Batman and Robin appears in 3681 issues.

Potentially the best known and popular partnership of heroes in comic books, the dynamic duo is a team comprised of the legendary Batman and his loyal sidekick Robin. The identities of Batman and Robin have varied over time, but the titles have endured.

Batman And Robin #2 Reviewed

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Did you get the second issue of Batman and Robin?  Did you like it as much as the first?  What's up with this strange circus and what happened to Mr. Toad?  Do you think Dick can keep Damian in line?  What do you think of this new Dynamic Duo?

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEGRAAF

Yes

No, but only by a small margin

I think they are playing the circus theme to much and i think it is to played out. I like new villains but for them to bring in a circus villain right when Dick takes over is just to planned out even for comics.

toad Croaked

Yea but im interested in seeing how dick will get damiens respect. also curious as to who damien plans on having train him.

I think it is a good start to a great possible story arch. cant wait for the next one

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SUNMAN

no one likes Damien that much. And dude I thought Damien was like 12 or 13, but 10?!

The fight scenes were good though Dick and Damien are kicking butt.
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RedK

you mean Dick hasn't already smacked this kid and even after he said he would.

No Caption Provided
    i kinda like Damian cause he's different from the rest of the Bat-family

burr787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By burr787

How can this get a lower rating than Captain America Rebirth. At least this makes sense. This issue was really cool and Damian kicks ass. Commissioner Gordon doesn't seem to like Dick much. Like when Bruce first died and Nightwing showed up for the Batsignal, he seems to complain about everything Dick does including taking the stairs to get to the Batmobile.

Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Obsurity

Not a fan of Damian. He may be Ras Al Ghul's grandson and Bruce's son but he's far too arrogant. To the points it's annoying but I guess the writer's do that to show he's has a lot to learn.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gmanfromheck

I surprisingly don't really mind Damian. You have to consider how he was raised.  He's probably had the League of Assassins as his nannies or babysitters.  Look at what he does to that big dude (?).  He was able to immobilize him, knowing perfectly well the exact locations to throw the batarangs.  As far as his cockiness, perhaps after the beating he gets here, he'll start changing his tune.

Harlekin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Harlekin

People act like he has no reason for him to be arrogant or cocky. He is going to grow up to  be the Batman version of Prince Vegeta.

HannibalKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HannibalKing

You know, I think I'm crazy, because I actually sorta like Richard better as Batman than Bruce.

Woody73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Woody73

We're not supposed to like Damien. That's the clever thing about him, it's like real life, we don't get on with or like everyone we meet. That's good writing from Morrison. I like there are people in the book we don't like.

johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By johnny_spam

Damian is no more the asshole than Bruce was and he is no more a whiney Robin than Dick was Robin, Damian does some to have respect for him and Alfred in Batman #666 where he kills two of the villians in this issue in that one.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AngelFrost

I think making Damien 10 years old is a little too young ....
    He seems quite intelligent for a 10 year old, even if he is a jerk.

Atleast 14 or 13 would be a better age.. -_-

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gmanfromheck

I'm glad it wasn't just me that was unaware of his age.  I thought he was like 13.  I wasn't sure if I just forgot his age being mentioned.  But since Grant is the one that brought him back into continuity, I guess he can determine the age.  A ten year old with ninja/assassin training...that is scary though.

Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jamiracles

I've said it before, I absolutely LOVE the relationship between Dick and Damien. I couldnt even see Bruce taming Damien, so how the hell is Dick going to?

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By goldenkey

I hate Guietly,  and if you can't control a 10 year old how can you control being Batman.  Maybe he just needs a time out.  He's to young and it makes it too stupid.

Paladinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Paladinosaur

How old was Tim when he became Robin? 12 , like Dick?
    I loved this issue. The fight in the GPD was awesome, and the conversation between Dick and Alfred was also really nice. just didn't like the Jeep thing. You know, if you have a f###ing flying batmobile, why  use a jeep?

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Media_Master

Sounds like another action-packed issue~~!

Rich-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rich-Man

just read it.... loved it! keep it goin' morrison!

Jamiracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jamiracles
    @goldenkey said:
    " I hate Guietly,  and if you can't control a 10 year old how can you control being Batman.  Maybe he just needs a time out.  He's to young and it makes it too stupid. "
    You kidding me? Bruce is an extraordinary man to the degree that his meticulous attention to detail has led people to say things like "Batman thinks of everything" and you think that his spawn and inheritor of his genes who was also trained and born into the family of Ras Al Ghul could be anything less than a child prodigy? Because that's just what he is.

Samuraikenpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Samuraikenpo

dude when does your soundtrack come out and seriously i agree with on you the whole Gordon thing and the Damian smack down.  Now dont you find it strange that Dick Grayson's first fight out as Batman is against circus folk didnt he use to u know be in the circus

LastSon1027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LastSon1027

I really enjoyed this issue, I especially like the part where Dick was talking about the cape, I thought it was really interesting.

Menschenfeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Menschenfeind

I liked this issue! Good as the first one, with an absolutely amazing artwork!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.