mask_of_tengu's Batman #666 - Batman in Bethlehem review

Avatar image for mask_of_tengu

WOW what a book!

Yes another bleak future book, but this one is good. Morrison brings a highly entertaining story here. Bruce Wayne is dead. Now Damien, the son of Bruce, is the new Batman. He knows he is not as good as Bruce despite his life long training. Or even Dick for that matter. I love the new costume and this Batman is bald and he is a cheater and yes a killer. I hate that but that is what Damien is about. He said he tries not to kill, but he seems to a lot. The son of Talia and Bruce he tries to fight a Batsuit wearing anti Christ and Damien reveals that he sold his soul for Gotham to always be protected. Barbara is the new commish and hates him. Overall great art and writing. 2 thumbs up.