glossycomics's Batman #55 - Beasts of Burden Part 1 review

Avatar image for glossycomics

Have we seen this before?

Back in the 80s, there was a vote on whether or not Robin should die. And the people who wanted Robin to die won with a narrow victory.

The past couple issues have been developing an annoying Nightwing (Dick Grayson), a young person who is just there to annoy Batman and, intentionally, the audience. The set up is designed to make you happy if something would happen to Nightwing, like someone shooting him in the head.

But Nightwing is a likeable character in a way, so killing him may not be the best choice for DC. Does Nightwing get shot? Find out in this issue. Does Nightwing die? Find out in the next issue, or at least we hope.