Following the massive Arkham breakout, the Mad Hatter is the first to make a move. He sends Film Freak out to find out who sprung them from confinement, then invotes Batman to a little tea party. The thugs at the tea party are easily defeated, and Film Freak is killed by Bane.
- Cover dated Early May 1993.
- Part 2 continues in Detective Comics #659.
- On page 6 panel 6 Renee Montoya's comment "Can't be Hill Street every day." is a reference to the 1980s NBC's police drama Hill Street Blues.
- Batman and Robin do not have their black Superman armbands on.
- "DC Universe" one page featuring "Luthor Fills the Void", "DC Bullets" and "The Real Deal! Or is he?"