haydenclaireheroes's Batgirl #21 - The Lesson: Unchained Melody review

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes

And then there was one

Cover

As always one of the best things about Batgirl is the title’s covers and this issue also had a great cover. The concept always fits so well to the story and the art is always amazing.

Story

Batgirl wants to figure out what the Reapers are up to. Wendy wants to gets her life straight and she has her ghost brother to help her with that. In the end the only way to help herself is to leave to Nanda Parbat. So, now Batgirl has no one to help her out, but is she ready to take off her training wheels?

Best Part

Even though I am upset to see Proxy go. I am still happy to see that Batgirl has a chance to really show people what she is made of.   Now with no one by her side she has a chance to shine and show that she can be the best Batgirl she can be. Also Proxy needs the time a way and I think she will be back sooner than later. I thought it was kind of cool in this issue that Proxy has her brother following her around because I think he can really help her be happy.

Worst Part

This whole Reaper story can get very interesting but at this point it is going very slow. It is just fighting one Reaper to the next. So, I hope by next issue Stephanie will figure out more about the Reapers and make the story more interesting. Something that also annoyed me was Grey Ghost. I think he is just annoying character. He is dragging Batgirl down because I think without him she could figure out this case much quicker. I hope just like in this issue Batgirl ditches him but only this time permanently.

Art

I do not love this art. In some scenes the art is okay but in others it is very bulgy. I wish they could change the art to the cover art because than that would be amazing.

Pick it up or not