stamps's Batgirl #10 - The Flood, Part 2 review

Avatar image for stamps

Humor, Horror and the Occasional Corpse

The Good

This issue continues the AWESOME storyline set up by the previous issue. (#9) We haven’t really seen this fun of a storyline in this titles first few issues. Hopefully this level of storytelling will continue on in the book for issues to come.

This ending/cliffhanger is a great and makes you impatient for next month’s issue

The art in this issue complements the story quite well also.

The Bad

This is part 2 of the story arc so if you haven’t bought the issue that preceded this one you are going to be a little lost. That’s the only drawback I can even remotely think of.

Overall

The book mixes amusement, horror and a deep overall storyline all together in this issue. Thankfully this seems to show that the title is gaining steadier legs. If you aren’t buying this book, get up, go to your local comic shop, and grab this issue and the one that preceded it. It’s just an all around good time. You’ll have a blast reading it; I did.

4.5/5

Other reviews for Batgirl #10 - The Flood, Part 2

Slowly Filling the Role 0

I don't care what you say, I like Stephanie Brown. There, I said it.  Everyone complains that she isn't Cassandra Cain. That's the point. In fact, she's almost the opposite. So quit your griping, Cass will be back eventually and just enjoy this for what it is.   So far, this Calculator business is my favorite events of the series. Steph is slowly becoming worthy of the title of Batgirl. This issue was a lot deeper than the usual 'Spider-Man problems' Steph was having in her personal life. I did ...

Calculating Doom 0

Okay, first off this is going to be a slightly biased review since I'm probably the Calculator's biggest fan...  So in this arc the Calculator is using Apokoliptian technology to take Oracle down with a technoplague. Awesome? Definetely.  The Good Oracle finally FINALLY admits the Calculator is as smart as her. Um...probably should review the stuff that would be interesting to other people. Okay...this book maintains a humorous tone while not subtracting in the slightest from the seriousness of ...