Follow

Batarang

Object » Batarang appears in 1541 issues.

A bat-shaped shuriken or a boomerang, primarily used by Batman and his allies.

Does Batman deliberately miss?

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've seen Batman throw batarangs with full force straight at Joker's head and of course, Joker dodges it but the batarang then becomes embedded into the wall behind him. Wouldn't that be enough to kill someone if it actually connected?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

batarangs have their own discussion section??? 

anyway, yes, like all of batman's weapons, they CAN be deadly, but he uses them so they won't be

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CATPANEXE

The fallacy is it shouldn't be lodging in the wall actually, definitely not the concrete and brick it's shown to and most of the structures defined as being in Gotham. But that's for effect I suppose and pretty typical in any comic. His edged weapons would mess someones appearance up pretty badly if thrown accordingly, but still they would be alive depending on the entry point. As usual the Batman Handbook explains how all of this works exactly, I don't have a copy anymore but I would direct you or anyone to it for these types of questions. The whole thing was compiled with the real life experts and scientists on the subjects to rationalize how and why his feats work.

No Caption Provided
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @CATPANEXE: i want that book

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.