Follow

Bastion

Character » Bastion appears in 656 issues.

When Master Mold subsumed Nimrod, the resulting robot was forced into the Siege Perilous by the X-Men. Once, a mysterious man named Bastion saw himself as humanity's last "bastion" of hope, unaware of his identity as a Sentinel.

They should Upgrade him

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Nerx

If he is the amalgamation of Master Mold and Nimrod , then shouldn't he at lease have all their superpowers and  respective capabilities?

Or at least make him more of a threat to the X-men.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

Ever since he became Bastion he's been more human-like, so I'd say that since passing through the Siege Perilous he thinks of himself as a human even though he knows he isn't. I'd say that's what's limiting him from displaying all the powers of Nimrod and Master Mold. Just a theory though.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he did have and show both abilities. has the common abilities of a Sentinel.
    has the abilities to adapt that Nimrod did. has the ability to both command 
    and come up with Sentinels. has both Nimrods and Master Molds databases
    of knowledge. various beams and abilities ect geared towards shutting down 
    mutants. there really wasnt anything else.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Edamame: 
    actually he has. with the exception of sonic beams. which isnt to say he cant,
    just hasnt had the need to. he's actually shown more adaptability than Nimrod has.
    Nimrod healed as your referring to in the cartoon, not the comic. in the comic for
    example he had an arm severed and had to attempt to blackmail Forge to repair him.
    XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By XRiskyX

In X-Force it also looked as if he repaired himself through some repair systems since Wolverine stabbed him repeatedly into the head and when he got on that plane he looked completely functional. Plus he was able to overwrite a member of the Technarch race and even though it was a mindless spawn of Magus this is still some pretty impressive feat. Don't know if Nimrod would have been able to do that but I somehow doubt it.

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Risky: 
    i believe he can to the extent if his body parts are together/touching. that would be consistent
    with nanotechnology healing factors. when Bastions head was removed from his body by Horseman
    Wolverine he stayed that way until fixed by an outside source.
    XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By XRiskyX
    @CATMANEXE said:
    " @Risky:  i believe he can to the extent if his body parts are together/touching. that would be consistent with nanotechnology healing factors. when Bastions head was removed from his body by Horseman Wolverine he stayed that way until fixed by an outside source. "
    sounds good. I think we agree on that point.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Edamame: 
    whats your point? you also didnt see that he couldnt grow back when his arm was destroyed, 
    which was a large part of appearances, especially the recent ones.

Bastion is Nimrod, therefore they have the same abilities.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Edamame: 
    again your point? sorry but your wrong. Bastion is Nimrod, therefore has the same powerset,
    with additional ones added on by fusing with Master Mold and becoming a mystical entity as well.
    as for the proximity thing..

@CATMANEXE said:

" @Risky:  i believe he can to the extent if his body parts are together/touching. that would be consistent with nanotechnology healing factors. when Bastions head was removed from his body by Horseman Wolverine he stayed that way until fixed by an outside source. "

i already said it so why are you telling me?

let me try this again.

Bastion is Nimrod, therefore has the same powers. (essentially Nimrod 2.0+MM).  
    Bastion did already show he could do all those things...while he was still Nimrod.
    since Nimrod is Bastions downgraded past form, his feats are Bastions since theyre
    one and the same.

he hasnt been shown using many powers because he uses what he gained from
    Master Mold instead to manipulate world events and create armies to fight his foes.
    is just that simple.
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By jordama

in the last issue of x-force, he looks more like nimrod at the end
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By jordama
    @Edamame:
    im still guessing he is gonna be taken out at the end of second coming so it wont matter

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.