Follow

Barbara Gordon

Character » Barbara Gordon appears in 4169 issues.

Barbara Gordon was the first modern age Batgirl until she was brutally shot by the Joker, rendering her paralyzed from the waist down. Barbara reinvented herself as Oracle, providing intelligence to the DCU heroes and leading the Birds of Prey. She has recently become Batgirl once again to protect Gotham City.

When did Barbara Gordon last appear as Oracle?

tamabone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 62

#

#

I need some help here. I'm writing a paper on women in comics and I'm trying to find Barbara Gordon's last appearance as Oracle. I think it may have been either Birds of Prey vol. 2 no. 15 or Batman Inc. vol. 1 no. 8. But I have been told that she appeared post new 52 as oracle in an issue of Batman Inc. vol. 2 HELP!!!!

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

@tamabone: I think the Batman Inc. Issue you're looking for is Batman, Incorporated: Leviathan Strikes. It was released after the New 52 started, but was intended to be the final two issues of Batman Inc. Volume 1. They released the two issues as a prestige format one-shot.

Barbara isn't seen in her wheelchair, but she is represented in speech bubbles communicating with members of Batman Inc. She appears on one page as "Oracle Online", but I'm not totally sure what that is/means. (See Above)

As your paper is on women in comics, it might be noteworthy that this might currently be Stephanie Browns' last appearance, after the New 52 happened where as far as I know, she hasn't definitely been seen since.

Hope this helps. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.