Follow

Banshee

Character » Banshee appears in 2399 issues.

Banshee was a mutant with a sonic scream. Born in Ireland, he pursued a career in Interpol, the X-Men, Generation X as Co-Headmaster, and founded X-Corp. He was the father of Theresa Cassidy as well as Black Tom Cassidy's cousin. He has since become bonded to the Spirit of Variance.

banshee: Love him or hate him?

camodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By camodude

So i wanted to give a shout out for a guy that i believe is one of the underrated characters nowadays. Sure hes dead so it lives up to the "out of sight out of mind" saying; but still what do you think of Mr. Sean Cassidy? Love him or hate him? Are there any Banshee superfans out there?

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By geraldthesloth

Love him alot though I'm not a superfan..his death was ridiculous.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Agree with Gerald

camodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By camodude
    @geraldthesloth said:
    " Love him alot though I'm not a superfan..his death was ridiculous. "
    well thank god im not alone!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @geraldthesloth said:
    "Love him alot though I'm not a superfan..his death was ridiculous. "
    Didn't he get hit by a plane or something like that?
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

he's cool. and yeah, he died solely so there could be some eventful tragedy
    in the story. he's dealt with way worse than what picked him off there.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

I love Banshee (not in the same way that Babs loves Namor ;) 

His death was tragic, but he died saving innocent people.  His resurrection in Necrosha is sad because of that, and also because he's tried to warn his old friends to run away.    I'm not sure if I want to see him stay back among the living, or laid to rest in respectful peace.

mightiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By mightiness

I love him he was a wonderful character that always seemed to get the shaft in some way. His death was pointless.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#9  Edited By Meteorite
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I love Banshee (not in the same way that Babs loves Namor ;)  His death was tragic, but he died saving innocent people.  His resurrection in Necrosha is sad because of that, and also because he's tried to warn his old friends to run away.    I'm not sure if I want to see him stay back among the living, or laid to rest in respectful peace. "
    That pretty much sums up how I feel about Banshee.
    Tigerstriper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Tigerstriper

@mightiness said:

I love him he was a wonderful character that always seemed to get the shaft in some way. His death was pointless.

@Meteorite said:

@xerox-kitty said:
    " I love Banshee (not in the same way that Babs loves Namor ;) His death was tragic, but he died saving innocent people. His resurrection in Necrosha is sad because of that, and also because he's tried to warn his old friends to run away. I'm not sure if I want to see him stay back among the living, or laid to rest in respectful peace. "
    That pretty much sums up how I feel about Banshee.

I second that. As cool as Sean was, I really do think they should let the dead stay dead.

Death for no other purpose than cheap shock factor has been done to death, pun intended. And the whole "comic book characters coming back to life" has been a joke for years, and I believe that's one of the reasons comics aren't respected.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Martian

I like him.

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By karrob

@geraldthesloth said:

Love him alot though I'm not a superfan..his death was ridiculous.
    Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tone702

Loved Banshee, and thought he was horribly underwritten. I wouldn't mind them perm killing him off except for the fact that the writers never even scratched the surface with him. He had a lot of potential, but was constantly downplayed by writers. He was constantly injured or losing, lol. It made no sense with some with such experience and such a versatile power. I wouldn't mind seeing him brought back. Or maybe another incarnation of him. 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Tone702 said:
    Loved Banshee, and thought he was horribly underwritten. I wouldn't mind them perm killing him off except for the fact that the writers never even scratched the surface with him. He had a lot of potential, but was constantly downplayed by writers. He was constantly injured or losing, lol. It made no sense with some with such experience and such a versatile power. I wouldn't mind seeing him brought back. Or maybe another incarnation of him. 
    When was he constantly injured or losing?? I remember his throat was burnt out once, and I do remember him getting defeated once or twice, but he usually could hold his own...unless he was up against an obviously superior opponent
    mrpolonog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerstriper: Comic characters coming back to life is one of the conventions of the medium. To say they are not respected, in my opinion, means that you do not appreciate the characters and storylines.

On the topic of the thread, I like Banshee. He was there before there were fifty thousand telepaths/telekinetics, and shall remain in my heart as one of the greatest of the fallen X-men

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.