Follow

Bane

Character » Bane appears in 1056 issues.

Born sentenced to life in prison for the crimes of his father, the boy who would be come Bane learned that the strong survive, and the strongest become king. Forging himself into the pinnacle of physical and mental potential and becoming "king" of his prison, he learned of the Batman, "king" of Gotham City . Escaping and studying his quarry, Bane challenged and defeated Batman, becoming known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat".

Bane in Arkham Asylum/City Portrayed Wrong?

PsychoJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PsychoJack

I think Bane in those two games are portrayed wrong. He's basically an idiot who just runs at you and smashes and throws shit. Except for The Dark Knight Rises, I think Bane has been portrayed as an idiot outside comics from what I seen.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Actually, I found his portrayal in Arkham City to be acceptable: He was certainly intelligent, he knew what he was doing, he had a purpose, and he had his bear.

Those are all the things I look for in a good Bane. Dark Knight Rises didn't have the last one, sadly.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

As great as a Batman writer Paul Dini is, (my personal favorite) Bane is a character he just doesn't understand. Tom Hardy's performance was truer to the character than pretty much anything I can think of.

batman11223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batman11223

@PsychoJack: i totally agree. And i love how they just trap him away i that toyco building towards the end of the game

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Gambit1024 said:
    As great as a Batman writer Paul Dini is, (my personal favorite) Bane is a character he just doesn't understand. Tom Hardy's performance was truer to the character than pretty much anything I can think of.
    What? He wrote the Batman episode "Over the Edge" where Bane was portrayed...well....it was one of his best appearances in all media.
    Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@JonSmith: This.

Also, I know this is a very unpopular sentiment around here, but I don't think there's a right or wrong necessarily in portrayal of a character. Just like there have been previously funny and foppish versions of Batman (60s show) or a Batman that uses firearms (very first Batman stories) there can be multiple versions of the other characters.

Avatar image for callsignneptune
    callsignneptune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By callsignneptune

@PsychoJack: Completely agree with you.

MajorMcDuffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There isn't really any right or wrong way to portray a superhero or villain, but I get what you mean. He wasn't portrayed in a way we would have liked to have seen and wasn't portrayed as well as he could have been.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
    SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I feel like he was done okay. He was rather intelligent, though not much of a strategist in combat haha, but my main gripes are his ridiculous, laughable looking size and face and just his lack of strategy. Doesn't work for Bane IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.