Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Will Hawkeye Go Missing In Avengers 2?

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So the first Avengers film struggled to use all 6 Avengers. Anyone writing a script for TV or film will tell you that writing a fight scene or story with more than 5 main characters is nearly impossible. This showed in Avengers where Hawkeye spend 85% of the movie as a villain with hardly any dialogue.

Phase Two's Marvel Line-up stars the Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Widow (Cap 2), and Falcon (Cap 2). With this many characters, will there be any room for Hawkeye? Even if the Guardians don't show up but we get only Thanos from that film, then the roster would still be at six (with Hulk, of course). I'm not complaining because movies have less time to tell a story than the comics do and I like Falcon. But I do think that with no news on Hawkeye, he may not show up in the next film or may have a very minor cameo.

I don't think S.H.I.E.L.D. will show up either since the Avengers became an independent team at the end of the Avengers. I may miss Nick Fury.

Thoughts?

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Marvel values continuity too much to take characters out without explanation, so if he goes missing, it'll be a plot point. But honestly, who ever said every hero needs to be a main character? In team comic books, each issue will feature certain characters more than others. I don't see why movies can't be the same way, even if it angers the fangirls.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Superdork

@nightwing4 said:

Marvel values continuity too much to take characters out without explanation, so if he goes missing, it'll be a plot point. But honestly, who ever said every hero needs to be a main character? In team comic books, each issue will feature certain characters more than others. I don't see why movies can't be the same way, even if it angers the fangirls.

Maybe because an Avengers film has you wait 3-5 years to come t fruition while a comic book is churned out every month? It would suck for your favorite to become subsidiary after waiting for a long time. I know a lot of Thor fans who complained that he didn't get enough screen time. The point is, people don't just go to the Avengers to see a team called the Avengers. They go to see their favorite character done well and standing equally among the others.

And I'm not sure if it will be a plot point. Hawkeye is not even in any of the upcoming Marvel films... They may just briefly mention him and say something like "He's on a mission in Russia" or "He's retired" or something similar and leave it at that. Not saying that's what's going to happen, but it is possible.

Warpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, he was kind of the scrappy anyway wasn't he?

p3t3r133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are currently in the works of being in A2. They are still drafting scripts and its all subject to change but its been confirmed that they are in the current plan.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think the main characters are the ones who had their own movies, Hulk, Ironman, Thor and Captain America. Black Widow, Hawkeye Coulson and even Nick Fury to me are Support characters. That being said they are going to have Hawkeye in A2 and probably A3, if for no other reason then they sign Jeremy Renner to a multi-movie contract so he'll be in at least one more Avenger movie. Just my opinion though.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they juggled the amount of characters quite well. Making Hawkeye a villain for half the film, showed us that he could pose a threat with his skill set. He almost single-handedly downed the Helicarrier!

No Caption Provided

Loki even had a little bit of respect for this "mere mortal". In a world full of Gods, Aliens and Monsters, we need a little guy to show us how strong our species is.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

@oscars94 said:

I think they juggled the amount of characters quite well. Making Hawkeye a villain for half the film, showed us that he could pose a threat with his skill set. He almost single-handedly downed the Helicarrier!

No Caption Provided

Loki even had a little bit of respect for this "mere mortal". In a world full of Gods, Aliens and Monsters, we need a little guy to show us how strong our species is.

agreed

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.