Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

What do the Avengers eat?

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By OracleX

This is something fun discuss but I do have a mission: I have been asked to assist in my library's Avenger's themed Story Hour by coming up with a treat for kids in grades K-5 to enjoy. So lets get the sarcastic answers out right now:

-Vodka for the former Russian spy.

-Whiskey and every other alcoholic beverage for the the guy in the metal suit.

-Coffee in a cups that can be smashed to the ground by the Norse God.

-Apple pie isn't a terrible idea to go with the Patriotic soldier, but we can't afford by pie for possibly 20 kids.

-Middle-Eastern food is hard to cook or even find where I live as a reference to the last scene.

So have the Avengers been shown in the comics eating normal food? I know in DC there is Zestee Cola that I can add other sodas to and Martian Manhunter has a thing for cookies. I really don't know much about what Jarvis serves up at headquarters.

By the way I am going to have a ball trying to hold the attention of some of these kids. The girls will want to learn more about the female Avengers in the comics. I am going to have to be careful not to screw up what they learned from the movies (I really can't mention how Nick Fury is white in the original comics.)

So for every funny answer about the what the Hulk and Hawkeye and other characters might eat I would appreciate at least one serious answer. I can't get themed cakes and stuff. I need really simple things that I can grab from the grocery store.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By tg1982

So you want like Avengers themed food?

Hm,

I know they used to advertise fruit pies in Avengers comics don't know if the brand still exists. But you can buy some at a local K-mart for like a dollar. Sorry that's the best I can do. If I come up with anything I'll let you know.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

Read any given Avengers story written by Bendis and they'll sit down to eat at some point.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By _Black

Puppies.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Blood1991

What ever Jarvis make them and they will damn GRATEFUL!

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By X35

According to Bendis, that's all they do.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Enosisik

Thor eats ambrosia ,golden apples and mead / honey type drink .

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

Just buy some shwarma and call it a day

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@BlackArmor said:

I didn't stay for the Shwarma scene. Fortunately it's online but I'm gutted I missed it as I didn't know what shwarma was until today. I only stayed because I thought there was one post credits scene, not two. And the first one was so awesome, I can't believe Marvel are taking that direction already!

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Lvenger said:

@BlackArmor said:

I didn't stay for the Shwarma scene. Fortunately it's online but I'm gutted I missed it as I didn't know what shwarma was until today. I only stayed because I thought there was one post credits scene, not two. And the first one was so awesome, I can't believe Marvel are taking that direction already!

Same thing happened to me, I'm going to see he movie twice partially so I can see the shwarma scene on the big screen and partially because the movie was so awesome the first time

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OracleX

I appreciate the comments.Some of them are very funny. A few are helpful and I will definitely look for the Bendis-authored Avenger titles to find the foods scenes. But I feel the very strong urge shout: Shwarma isn't a viable option! 1.) I would have to travel across several burbs and into the city and hope my GPS doesn't screw me over to get to a reasonably-priced place. 2.) Given how hard it is find this particular cuisine kids under the age of 13 might not like it and could possibly upset their stomachs. 3.) Again given the age range, I question how many of the kidoes who actually saw the film stayed to see the final scene or even care about what they ate.

Please don't be put off my Shwarma tirade. It is really not that big a deal. I'm not in charge of the event and I am doing other research. I just want to put on a good show to get approval for the young adult comic book I want to start (this subject may appear on the general board if the Google results frustrate me).

I'd still like some more ideas if anyone is up to it.

L1FTD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By L1FTD

Huge gaping servings of plot. That's why there's always so many holes in Marvel movies.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gravitypress

Avengers Snacks(tm)

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

I don't know what they eat, but I eat punks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OracleX

The result: Avengers Popsicles! Not the ACTUAL Avengers, just frozen sugar in three different colors from grocery store. The colors were so stupid. Kids were asking me which Avenger they got. Red, white, and blue? Captain America. Purple, Green and... Black? Hulk but no idea where the black came from. Red, orange, and black again? I told the kids it was Black Widow because most of them were girls and one frozen food coloring color combination needed to represent the only female superhero. Even the I just Googled the Soviet flag: And saw that color represents Germany. So I'm guessing it was supposed to be Iron Man. While we're on the subject, don't even try explaining where Black Widow actually got her name from to anyone under ten, especially girls.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

As far as I know, the team pigs out regularly on pizza (The Hulk can eat 10 extra large pizzas at once in Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes). There's the schwarma at the end of the film, plus I know Red Hulk has stomached something that looks like a full gallon of yogurt or rice pudding at one time (was in an Avengers book, somewhere along the time when Storm was accepted in) plus whole cows and deer, plus nearly swallowing a girl whole in a threat display PLUS raw eggs to gross out Spider-man. 

Screw it, let's just say that the 3 Avengers based Hulks: Skaar, Hulk and Rulk. Each of them alone and combined have made it so as the rest of the team never get to eat anything. Except maybe broccoli.

soundgarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By soundgarden

@_Black said:

Puppies.

What? which character ate those? LMAO

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Black

@soundgarden: LOL

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tg1982

@OracleX said:

The result: Avengers Popsicles! Not the ACTUAL Avengers, just frozen sugar in three different colors from grocery store. The colors were so stupid. Kids were asking me which Avenger they got. Red, white, and blue? Captain America. Purple, Green and... Black? Hulk but no idea where the black came from. Red, orange, and black again? I told the kids it was Black Widow because most of them were girls and one frozen food coloring color combination needed to represent the only female superhero. Even the I just Googled the Soviet flag: And saw that color represents Germany. So I'm guessing it was supposed to be Iron Man. While we're on the subject, don't even try explaining where Black Widow actually got her name from to anyone under ten, especially girls.

That's actually a really good idea. I never would have thought of that. Good Job.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.