Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

What awards should the Avengers movie get?

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By OracleX

The better term would be nomination I think-but anyway. You know its going to get a bunch of awards and nominations from less main stream groups. I am curious to learn which ones because I am not as knowledgeable on the subject.

The film will most likely get some technical nominations in the Golden Globes and Oscars. I actually think it stands a chance at beating the Dark Knight Rises for some of these even if a ton of it CGI. The monsters just look awesome and the stunt work is incredible.

Honestly I think it deserves a nomination for best screen play at the Golden Globes and even a win. Whedon weaves a ton of diverse character personalities together that is extremely difficult. Every character made a contribution the success of the plot. Not all of them work, but count them off: Hulk, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Thor, Nick Fury, Phil Coulsin, and even Maria Hill. That is just unbelievable! This also why it should earn a nomination/win for best comedy/cast ensemble at the Globes.

But lets not kid ourselves, The Dark Knight Rises is going to get more attention from the "professional critics." You know Nolan has a nomination for screen-play in the bag. It stands as a contender for best picture because people are convinced the Dark Knight got robbed and drama tend to do better in the major awards shows.

These are my thoughts. They may be semi-incoherent as I haven't slept properly after the midnight showing and I need to get to work now.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Best Visual Effects.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By SupremeHyperion

visual effects

or

Best film with a giant green monster and a purple clad arrow slinger

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cattlebattle  Online

Best summer action romp I suppose

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By tg1982

To quote Talladega Nights the Ballad of Ricky Booby "Greatest movie ever."

Seriously there will be a ton of awards it will get nominated for and maybe win, from the Golden Globes to the Oscars, maybe even a Grammy, somehow. LOL.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

I just saw it an hour ago so this might because I haven't had time to digest it but I say ALL OF THEM!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.