Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7704 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Ultron is Jarvis in Avengers 2: Age of Ultron?

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

This idea crossed my mind an hour ago, what if Jarvis is corrupted and become Ultron? and it uses all the remaining pieces of the destroyed Iron Man armors to builds his new body. Because my friend at SDCC said, when he saw the trailer, the Ultron figure looks much like the Iron man Mark II.

Not just that actually, I think the idea is plausible considering Marvel has made much worst changes to the Mandarin, they would much likely do it again.

And since Hank Pym won't shows up until 2015, how are they going to introduce Ultron?

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This idea crossed my mind an hour ago, what if Jarvis is corrupted and become Ultron? and it uses all the remaining pieces of the destroyed Iron Man armors to builds his new body. Because my friend at SDCC said, when he saw the trailer, the Ultron figure looks much like the Iron man Mark II.

Not just that actually, I think the idea is plausible considering Marvel has made much worst changes to the Mandarin, they would much likely do it again.

And since Hank Pym won't shows up until 2015, how are they going to introduce Ultron?

There has been a lot of speculation on Ultron being the villain in the new Avengers, but it just won't happen. It'd be too big of a plot jump. If the movie is 2 hours and they use the first 45-60 minutes introducing Hank and Ultron it's not going to happen. What Marvel did to Mandarin was a damn shame but I highly doubt they'd go this far. The new Avengers has to be Thanos. That's the only villain they introduced. I doubt they'd follow it comically though. (Non-comic readers wouldn't want to see their heroes killed.)

I'd assume it'd be close like they're racing to the infinity gauntlet or something like that. I'd assume they'll introduce or at least have a Hank and Ultron Cameo.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@omnibeast: Yeah, they announced it at Comic-con yesterday.

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse: What the fuck is Marvel Studios doing.... Well, I stand corrected then! I love Ultron as a villain regardless but It's just very stupid to rush him out after introducing Thanos -_-. I'm assuming now that either they'll push back the movie till after a Hank movie (I'm assuming this because of how they released movies for the others.)

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman said:

There has been a lot of speculation on Ultron being the villain in the new Avengers, but it just won't happen. It'd be too big of a plot jump. If the movie is 2 hours and they use the first 45-60 minutes introducing Hank and Ultron it's not going to happen. What Marvel did to Mandarin was a damn shame but I highly doubt they'd go this far. The new Avengers has to be Thanos. That's the only villain they introduced. I doubt they'd follow it comically though. (Non-comic readers wouldn't want to see their heroes killed.)

I'd assume it'd be close like they're racing to the infinity gauntlet or something like that. I'd assume they'll introduce or at least have a Hank and Ultron Cameo.

It won't be a problem, if you see the title of this post, it's "what if Jarvis is the Ultron in the Marvel cinematic universe"

and the title for the next Avenger movie is confirmed: Age of Ultron.

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: Yeah I didn't realize that was the title. They could do a whole Jarvis into Ultron thing for sure, but my point was they'd have to introduce who Ultron is as a character first. They'd also have to introduce Hank (seeing he's Ultron's creator.) I just don't see how they'll do it and make it work.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not happy with this the big bad should be thanos.

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@z3ro180: Thanos will be the big bad of the third movie which will unite all aspects of the Marvel universe (GotG especially) in a massive cosmic battle. It's going to break the box office. But it'll be a few years away so we must patiently wait through the Ultron movie. I'm kidding, this flick is gonna kick a$$!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Huh. I guess I could see then. But then it would be Tony replacing Hank in the role of being the guilty creator and all...

Avatar image for beautifulrevery
    beautifulrevery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

I am not happy with this the big bad should be thanos.

They're saving Thanos for the big finale of the Avengers trilogy. Which is smart. If they use Thanos in the second movie they either wouldn't do him justice or it'd be too massive to be followed upon by anyone lesser than a cosmic entity. With Ultron they up the ante but not by an egregious amount to where they're backed into a corner for the third film. Besides, whatever happens in this movie will definitely set up something major for Thanos in the third

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Sadly, I also was thinking this. Iron Man is the big star of the Marvel films, and it does seem very possible that they could change things to make him have created Ultron instead of Hank.

I'll be really unimpressed if they actually do this.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slade_wilson: i remember reading that they were planning on having world war hulk for a third movie right after they said quick silver and scarlet witch will be in the next one

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: Yeah I didn't realize that was the title. They could do a whole Jarvis into Ultron thing for sure, but my point was they'd have to introduce who Ultron is as a character first. They'd also have to introduce Hank (seeing he's Ultron's creator.) I just don't see how they'll do it and make it work.

Yeah, I know, that should be the way they do for the movie, for us fans to have a movie like that. But the problem is Avengers 2 comes before Ant-man, so I have been thinking their approach on the character's development. With that, I have formed 2 theories.

1. Hank didn't created Ultron, Stark did, which is a corrupted version of Jarvis. And Stark is guilty for his creation. Which then Stark comes back to team up with the Avengers again to fight Jarvis Ultron.
    2. Hank did created Ultron, and it's gone exactly like in the comic book story line. And Avengers are fighting him and in the mean time, find out who created it at the 1st place. Which then leads to Hank Pym.

if it's 2. they're going with, Ant-man in 2015 is going to be narrating or flashback of Hank Pym

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bigtewell

@goddamnironman: well just because avengers 2 is b4 antman doesnt mean he wont be in avengers 2. he could be a character and be introduced and if ppl like him they will see his solo adventure. it would be ironic tho if jarvis is ultron since when ultron was first introduced he tried to frame the butler jarvis

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mercules

@goddamnironman: That does make sense, but with Marvel Studios... It isn't always good to follow a logical approach. I understand that they make movies for the non comic reader fans. Bugs me, but hey that's how it is.

I'm know thinking that either one of those two options will happen or a third...

3. They'll briefly introduce Hank and Ultron (just enough to get their general stuff across) and the solo Pym movie will be a solo about his start and that will lead to his place in the Avengers fighting Ultron.

I'm hoping they at least stay (for the most part) true to the comics. I'm okay with the fact the movies aren't made for us readers but I like to at least see that they are generally correct with how the comics. I'll be highly upset if they decide Tony created Ultron.

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@omnibeast said:

Yeah, I know, that should be the way they do for the movie, for us fans to have a movie like that. But the problem is Avengers 2 comes before Ant-man, so I have been thinking their approach on the character's development. With that, I have formed 2 theories.

1. Hank didn't created Ultron, Stark did, which is a corrupted version of Jarvis. And Stark is guilty for his creation. Which then Stark comes back to team up with the Avengers again to fight Jarvis Ultron.
    2. Hank did created Ultron, and it's gone exactly like in the comic book story line. And Avengers are fighting him and in the mean time, find out who created it at the 1st place. Which then leads to Hank Pym.

if it's 2. they're going with, Ant-man in 2015 is going to be narrating or flashback of Hank Pym

I'm thinking the first one would be the most logical choice. Marvel likes having Stark's work come back to bite him. I think Ultron would be an upgraded form of Jarvis that Stark creates after the events of Iron Man 3 and the Avengers(perhaps to help deal with such scenarios in case he or the Avenger's can't). Ultron goes out of control(maybe even builds the Vision) and attacks and decimates the Avengers, likely using the Vision as proxy. Avengers bring in Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and Vision falls for the Witch(or feels compassion for her or something), then betrays Ultron, and helps the Avengers during the final battle

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mercules

@biggkeem89: That could work. Problem is, how are they going to introduce the GotG? This movie is going to be very, very long.

They'll have to introduce Ultron, Hank, Scarlet, Quick, (possibly Vision, and at least have a cameo of GotG.)

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By biggkeem89

@omnibeast: What if the Ultron A.I. escapes into space(he did it before in the comics) and is intercepted by Thanos or the Kree, which could bring war to a Kree/Chitauri war to Earth

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggkeem89: Well how would that introduce anyone? I can see how that'd introduce GotG but not really anyone else. Could make a good plot I guess.

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnibeast: How about this: If Ultron is an upgraded Jarvis designed to combat future threats to the world, how about the Ultron targets the Maximoffs as potential danger(Scarlet Witch's powers changing the world ala "House of M"? And the Avengers take them in and protect them. As for Pym, he could be a shield scientist who they call in because he is experienced in A.I.s

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggkeem89: 1.You get some good ideas.

2. Readers would be confused. We know how powerful she is via comics, but House of M hasn't happened in the cinematic universe yet.

3. If Pym was an expert in A.I.s then he couldn't be the Pym whose in expert in Biochemistry which allowed him to discover "Pym Particles"

4. Are we going off the assumption that he'd use IM armor to create his body? It'd basically be IM fighting IM if so.

Birthright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joss Whedon said that Hank Pym won't be in the movie. So he has Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch who should be in X-Men appear in the movie and will probably have the worst character development of the whole movie only to give Tony Stark more spotlight? That's just ridiculous. He's missing a chance at making Ant-Man and Wasp big characters. If he has Ant-Man as the creator of Ultron then Ant-Man goes into his film as a known character for the audience which will not only benefit Ant-Man as a character but the company in the box office. I get that he is a big fan of X-Men and wants to put the characters he wants in the movie but I feel like this call will end up biting him in the ass.

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnibeast: With the House of M comment, I meant that Ultron would sense she had the POTENTIAL for that type of incident(alluding to House of M), so it wouldn't have to happen and it would be just a nice extra for comic readers. And the Pym particles could me more similar to DNA altering nanobots. As for Ultron's body, in my idea, he would build Vision out of IM armors and would be constructing his own body that would only be revealed during the final battle

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mercules

@birthright: Whedon is going to fuck this for comic readers everywhere.. It's going to be an awesome action flick for sure, but I can't help to feel peeved at this... Ant-Man isn't the coolest hero... but he's an interesting one. He'd be a great addition. If Whedon isn't going to make Pym the creator of Ultron it's only going to be a huge mistake. Along with not adding him.

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biggkeem89: I guess that'd make sense. They basically did that with Iron Man and the Extremis Virus and his psychological power he has with his suit. The idea of Vision could work. So could the body being built. The only problem then would be that Pym would have to be a nanobots expert instead of a A.I. expert.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read on Comic Book Movie that Whedon has stated that Hank Pym will not show up in Avengers:AoU, and that it will mark the origin story for Ultron. This upsets me, especially if they make Iron Man the creator, it just ruins the relationship of Ultron and Hank and Ultron is Hanks greatest achievement and failure taking that away from him would ruin the character in my opinion. However, if the storyline is that Ultron goes back in time for Avengers 2 and it is revealed at the end of the Ant-Man movie that hank created him then can i accept no hank in A2

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#30  Edited By Extremis

@omnibeast: even if it was Thanos they'd have to do all this exposition of the villain. A one second post credit scene doesn't establish him at all either, so they're really on even footing as far as that's concerned. Also, its not a problem as creators introduce new villains/characters all the time. I'm glad they aren't going the expected route. Quite a shocker, but I think Ultron opens up more relevant themes.

Also, what do you expect from Marvel? They're basically a movie studio with a comic book fanbase. All there creative decisions, even in the comics, are based on the films. If you like Marvel, get use to them changing characters.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't at comic-con (unfortunately), but I heard that the teaser shown during the announcement was Iron Man's mask morphing into Ultron's face. If true, then to me that seems like a not so subtle hint that Iron Man will be the one responsible for Ultron, not Pym. If that's the case then Jarvis becoming corrupted and morphing into Ultron seems plausible, and would probably require the least amount of explanation to get Ultron on the screen.

At anyrate, I highly approve of them bringing in Ultron before Thanos. Just hopes it's better then the story-arc the film is appropriating its name from.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

They kind of already did something like that in the Iron Man 2 video game where a version of JARVIS was stolen and used to make Ultimo. Feels too much to that storyline (which sucked, by the way :P) and would rather have Ultron being a separate artificial intelligence that turns on its creators. Mainly because I like JARVIS in the movies and don't want to see him become a villain.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By cameron83

Um,do we even know how this is going to go down?

We can't just assume (and I hope not) that Stark is the creator of Ultron.

And we can't say that they "f*ked" up the movie already....especially since we don't even know the plot,really.

But Thanos should and will be used for the 3rd movie for reasons stated above. I mean,unless they dull him down.

I wasn't at comic-con (unfortunately), but I heard that the teaser shown during the announcement was Iron Man's mask morphing into Ultron's face. If true, then to me that seems like a not so subtle hint that Iron Man will be the one responsible for Ultron, not Pym. If that's the case then Jarvis becoming corrupted and morphing into Ultron seems plausible, and would probably require the least amount of explanation to get Ultron on the screen.

At anyrate, I highly approve of them bringing in Ultron before Thanos. Just hopes it's better then the story-arc the film is appropriating its name from.

And this.

But I hope that's not the case...if it is then they already messed up the 2nd movie.

Btw,I am fine with Pym not being in the second. It's not a big f*cking deal. I mean,I hope he is in the 3rd,and I understand the frustration and such and such of him not being in the movie,but that doesn't mean the movie is bad and whatnot. Not only that,but I want more spotlight on scarlet witch and pietro. However,with Hank and Jan being founding members,I can completely understand your point. I just don't think that it means that the movie gonna be bad.Also,as said,I hope they put them in the 3rd (or better yet,the second)

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@goddamnironman: well just because avengers 2 is b4 antman doesnt mean he wont be in avengers 2. he could be a character and be introduced and if ppl like him they will see his solo adventure. it would be ironic tho if jarvis is ultron since when ultron was first introduced he tried to frame the butler jarvis

Joss whedon already teases that Hank won't be in Avengers 2... and how is that be ironic? the changes they about to do to Ultron? okay, lets admit it, if they could do that to one of the most classical villain in Marvel (the Mandarin)....there's not much question about what's going to happen in the Avengers 2

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still have hope that Ultron will be related to Hank Pym - remember in the comics when Ultron was first introduced? Well it wasn't revealed until later that Hank was involved with his creation so who knows.

I think that if Iron Man is related to Ultron, it won't be revealed until after the credits or the end of the film that he wasn't working alone... ;)

Mercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

@omnibeast: even if it was Thanos they'd have to do all this exposition of the villain. A one second post credit scene doesn't establish him at all either, so they're really on even footing as far as that's concerned. Also, its not a problem as creators introduce new villains/characters all the time. I'm glad they aren't going the expected route. Quite a shocker, but I think Ultron opens up more relevant themes.

Also, what do you expect from Marvel? They're basically a movie studio with a comic book fanbase. All there creative decisions, even in the comics, are based on the films. If you like Marvel, get use to them changing characters.

I'm glad Ultron will get his time to shine, I just thought it was kind of dumb to do a post credit exposition of Thanos and then switch to Ultron randomly. I get that they can't really do Thanos second movie in because it would be a hard act to follow, I'm just trying to understand how they are going to make it all relevant for the end game. Like, how will this Ultron deal introduce the GotG (at least I'm hoping they'll be in the final struggle with Thanos.) I can see them introducing Quick and Scarlet easily. Ultron can be built by Tony (which does bug me but its definitely not a deal breaker) and Ultron can build Vision. I'm not where Pym will fit in but that's up to them. I'm going to watch this flick because it'll be an awesome action movie. My curiosity is just making me question.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its gonna be like since Tony has retired , he & SHIELD (also Hank Pym as SHIELD's scientists) will collaborate together to create new AI armor Ultron to replace Iron man but it later goes rogue & starts wrecking havoc so Avengers are called back in to stop him. I wonder how Thanos & GOTG will fit in but still sucks to not have Hank Pym in avengers 2 :/

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman: i said its ironic for jarvis to be ultron. i take it you have not read ultrons first appearence or you would have understood what i meant when i said during ultrons first appearence he pretended to be butler jarvis and run the masters of evil. and just to make sure you understand this in ultrons first appearence the avengers believed jarvis was the new head of the masters of evil when it was ulteon framing him so i find it ironic and cool for jarvis to be ultron in the movie. and he never said hank wouldnt be in the movie at all

Krellverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really love the idea of Jarvis being Ultron , maybe he gets hacked from space (Thanos maybe) and Jarvis goes rouge, getting a mind of his own instead of being a slave to Tony Stark. Anyways I REALLLY hope it's Jarvis, villains coming from space is overused xD At least if it's Jarvis getting hacked from space , no problem

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

@krellverse: Jarvis is more likely to Vision rather than Ultron.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.