Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Is Hickman writing the Avengers a good thing?

• 70 results
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Gambit1024

@Lvenger: Before Bendis leaves, I'm sure he'll disassemble the team to go full circle on his horrible career. That being said, it'll call for pointless deaths and such, so Hickman won't have a choice but to change the roster.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By Lvenger

@Gambit1024: Hopefully Thor, Captain America, Iron Man and Rulk are staying. I quite like Rulk as an Avenger and it wouldn't be the same without the big three. Hang on, Fraction's introduced a new Iron Man I think. Damn it Fraction why?! Anyway hopefully the roster will consist of classic big names and new faces. Can't go wrong with something like that.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#53  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Lvenger said:

@Gambit1024: Hopefully Thor, Captain America, Iron Man and Rulk are staying. I quite like Rulk as an Avenger and it wouldn't be the same without the big three. Hang on, Fraction's introduced a new Iron Man I think. Damn it Fraction why?! Anyway hopefully the roster will consist of classic big names and new faces. Can't go wrong with something like that.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Lvenger

@spiderbat87: I've just read up on the Comicvine Iron Man page. It looks temporary and at least the new Iron Man is a logical choice. I still don't see the need for it though.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By AgeofHurricane

The only ongoing (read his point 1 issue for FF, and his most recent issue too.) i read from the man is Ultimate Comics Ultimates. It's marvellous.

I'd like to think it's a very good thing.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Blood1991 said:

It is beyond great that Hickman is writing the Avengers. Unfortunetly this does mean Bendis will probably take over other titles..... If he touches the X-Men I think I may very well lose my mind.

Shallap ! If he does that then I'm moving to DC, permanently. And the only DC book i've ever read was Power Girl (which was pretty good, tbh).

@Lvenger said:

@Blood1991: He will be writing X-Men afterwards I'm afraid. Permission to lose mind granted.

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Of course it is, Hickman is an awesome writer. Plus, almost anyone is a step up from Bendis when writing The Avengers.

QFT

Where did you get that from ? And i'd prefer to not get a link directing me to the infamous rumours of Bleedingcool.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By Blood1991

@AgeofHurricane: You can join me on my witch hunt to destroy him if I see his name on a X-Men comic cover. Seriously though I will drop every X-book but Aaron's if he is writing I may give him an arc, but I doubt it.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Wow I didn't know he was going onto Avengers, might have to start picking this up

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

If Hickman writes a good story, then I'm breaking my "no Avengers" bar and finally picking up an issue.

(No Avengers being the series, not the film)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Lvenger

@AgeofHurricane: Ah my bad. That's where I saw it. However there is going to be a shake up of the Marvel creative teams on various titles and it does seem a logical step for Marvel to put one of their 'big' writers, Bendis onto another major franchise, that being the Avengers. I guess we'll have to wait and see. But I have a sneaking suspicion Bendis will be moving over to X-Men and thus piss off another group of Marvel readers.

@Blood1991: There may still be a few X-Men books untainted by Bendis if he comes onto X-Men. That's some hope for you.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Lvenger said:

@AgeofHurricane: Ah my bad. That's where I saw it. However there is going to be a shake up of the Marvel creative teams on various titles and it does seem a logical step for Marvel to put one of their 'big' writers, Bendis onto another major franchise, that being the Avengers. I guess we'll have to wait and see. But I have a sneaking suspicion Bendis will be moving over to X-Men and thus piss off another group of Marvel readers.

@Blood1991: There may still be a few X-Men books untainted by Bendis if he comes onto X-Men. That's some hope for you.

Yeah, as condescending as i can be, i'm going to straight-up say that they're chatting a lot of crap, that same article even has the author mentioning that he got some news a couple months ago about Bendis taking-over some leading X-Titles, and now he/she's saying this. I'm not buying it. I just hope he stays away from X-Factor, Uncanny X-Force and Security Recon/X-Men, the only (good) titles that are OUT of this AvX nonsense.

Not to mention, Bendis said he'd be going onto "bigger things" or something like that, he does have the tendency to chat a lot of bull, but i doubt this would be the "big thing". If it is, so be it. I'm done. (LOL). Goodbye Marvel, hello DC and Image.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Blood1991

@Lvenger said:

If the leave the X-Men to Wood then I could live with Bendis on Uncanny I would be ten shades of P!ssed, but I would eventually calm down.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Blood1991 said:

@Lvenger said:

If the leave the X-Men to Wood then I could live with Bendis on Uncanny I would be ten shades of P!ssed, but I would eventually calm down.

Yeah, but there was another rumour i heard about Wood's run...>.>

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Twentyfive said:

It revitalized the AvX event. Hickman can write anything.

But what he SHOULD do

is write for the Black Panther!

NOW HICKMAN!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Blood1991

@AgeofHurricane: What rumor! Damn it just started to get good, please tell me they aren't removing him already.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Blood1991 said:

@AgeofHurricane: What rumor! Damn it just started to get good, please tell me they aren't removing him already.

Pretty much, there was an interview of im discussing some of his titles with that bimbo Charlotte-whatsherface, and he said his run was for like, 8 issues ? I'm hoping the sales rate for the title can improve rapidly by then for Marvel to realise that they need him there. If he leaves, i leave.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Skaddix

Why does Bendis doing two books again not surprise me.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Blood1991

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Blood1991 said:

Pretty much, there was an interview of im discussing some of his titles with that bimbo Charlotte-whatsherface, and he said his run was for like, 8 issues ? I'm hoping the sales rate for the title can improve rapidly by then for Marvel to realise that they need him there. If he leaves, i leave.

Must write letters to Marvel. I will not let this happen with a wimper to either book!

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can never really say if a writer and a title are a perfect match until you see the results, but based on his prior work you could do way, way worse than Hickman. I think he will do well and his style a refreshing change from Bendis

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Lvenger

@Brazen_Intellect: Hickman's already done a writing stint for the Ultimates. And a lot of people I've talked to said that run was very good. If he can do that with an alternate Avengers team, imagine what he could do with the mainstream one.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.