Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

In Avengers vs. X-Men, Whose side are you on?

fernandezluigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fernandezluigi

I'm with the Avengers because the X-Men think that Hope can control the Phoenix. Sure Rachel Grey did it but c'mon! All the other hosts failed. The X-Men should think more about this rather than say "Save us oh mighty Phoenix!". The Avengers are acting smart because they want to keep Hope in custody so she won't bond with the Phoenix.

supermaansito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By supermaansito

Avengers

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I'm with the Avengers because I think they were only trying to get hope off the planet to save everyeone. but I see how Cyclops would see that as something more.

I think the greatest thing that could come out of this crossover is if the phoenix is stopped and the disapointment drives cyclops over the edge, becoming a crazy super-villian (what Magneto used to be) he gives off tones like he's becoming a tad more extreme than one would want a hero to be.

cbnnexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cbnnexus

Honestly, I have to go with the X-Men on this one. Hope was born among very strange circumstances in that her powers manifested the moment she was born. She was the first mutant born after decimation. For anyone that was a witness to that situation, they wouldn't think it was a coincidence. What happened to mutants was unnatural. Phoenix may have conceived of Hope in order to right the wrong done by reality warping.

The Avengers have the presumption to think they can keep the Phoenix Force away from Hope. That's simply retarded.

I think the Avengers are overreacting almost to the point where its against their character.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Martian

@Supermansito said:

Avengers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman
    @mr.obvious said:

@Supermansito said:

Avengers

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Deranged Midget

Logan.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TDK_1997

Avengers.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Onemoreposter

X-Men

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Avengers

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I am on the Avengers side also. It is a big gamble to trust Hope that she can handle the pheonix. Especially if she can't handle the pheonix that can mean alot of lives are at risk.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Lvenger

I'm on the Avengers side because Scott is taking a massive risk assuming Hope can control the Phoenix and that the Phoenix will restore the mutant race instead of destroying the planet. It drove Jean Grey insane and in the end she committed suicide to stop herself from turning into a massive threat. Has Scott forgotten this? The Avengers are being sensible and rational about this scenario whereas the X-Men are taking a gamble with billions of lives. That's not acceptable from my standpoint which is why I'm on the Avengers' side.

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmegaRed86

Wolverine's side. Because he'll always win in the end.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BatteredArmor

Team Cyclops

fullmetalquach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fullmetalquach

I'm with the X-Men, but I don't particularly like how either side is going about handling the situation. Cyclops isn't being sensitive enough towards Hope and he is putting way too much pressure on her. Sure, saying you're the savior of an entire species is bond to have some stress with it, but he doesn't have to be such an ass all the time. Also, I know the Avengers want to take Hope into custody, but I just can't help but feel that that would just lead to her death and I couldn't shake that vibe when I was reading the first issue.

Obviously it is a big risk, but going from thousands of mutants and growing to hardly even 200 and stagnant is pretty depressing. The five new mutants when Hope first arrived were a definite sign that Hope really could be the mutant messiah, so I really do want to see some new mutants arrive.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Osian2

X-men all the way. People use dark phoenix as an excuse even though Jean was manipulated by mastermind and thats what unleashed dark phoenix she didnt just lose it. Jean was in control for years so I don't know where all this "it toyed with her" crap came from and last but not least I doubt the phoenix is gonna be happy if hope is killed and will probably take its anger out on earth.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Hector

Avengers. I don't see Hope controlling Phoenix. If it ends up that way though it will only be a matter of time before she explodes.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18  Edited By RedOwl_1

X men just because I have compassion for Hope, plus Cyclops didn't convinced Wolverine in Wolverine and the X-Men #10 but he convinced me, I'M WEAK :'(

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By yasiiii4

Avengers...Because of the fact that the x-men are being idiots and completely not thinking about the fact that the Phoenix is basically uncontrollable and does what it wants. The Avengers are being way smarter about the situation

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By tg1982

I'm with the Avengers. Cyclops is acting like a douche bag in this event, which sucks because Cyclops used to be my favorite X-man back in the day.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on the Avengers side because they are always ready to do whats right. They aren't attacking the X-memen because they are Mutants(hell Beast and Wolverine are on the Avengers). They are trying to ensure that the Phoenix does not return to Earth. Sure it's been described as a symbol of both destruction and rebirth but we've only really seen the destruction part. I wouldn't risk the entire planet on the 50/50 chance that a giant fire-bird doesn't incinerate my homeworld. Also Cyclops fired the first shot.Lots of the X-men used to be villains Magneto , Namor (For a little while he was in Norman Osborn's Cabal), Emma Frost( The Frickin HellFire Club!!!) and Colossus is now the Juggernaut! Danger also went a bit rogue a couple of times. The Avengers are in the right because they have reason to be worried. They just want to protect the planet. I also think that if the entire Avengers roster went all out ,they could overpower the X-men (even if all of the powerful Utopia Mutants join in).

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22  Edited By x_29

Screw the avengers.

Team X-men !!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@x_29 said:

Screw the avengers.

Team X-men !!!

I don't think Marvel want you to say that. Its getting very one-sided in terms of who is right.

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JohnnyWalker

avengers. everybody saying x-men are in denial.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By joshmightbe

If I was an Avenger I'd be wary of the Phoenix being anywhere near the influences of people such as Namor and Magneto who have on multiple occasions threatened the world with destruction. Sure Magneto is a good guy at the moment but he's gone good several times in the past just to get pissed and run back to his old habits. Not to mention the unpredictability of the Phoenix itself. There's a reason the Kree, Skrull and Shi ar are all just as terrified of it as they are Galactus. I remember a comic where an Alien invasion was thwarted by showing them a hologram of the Phoenix, an advanced alien race that weren't worried about any of Earth's heroes took one look at the image of the Phoenix and said screw this and went away.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#26  Edited By x_29

@JohnnyWalker said:

avengers. everybody saying x-men are in denial.

Nah, everyone saying x-men is just not falling for Marvel's tricks

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JohnnyWalker

@joshmightbe said:

If I was an Avenger I'd be wary of the Phoenix being anywhere near the influences of people such as Namor and Magneto who have on multiple occasions threatened the world with destruction. Sure Magneto is a good guy at the moment but he's gone good several times in the past just to get pissed and run back to his old habits. Not to mention the unpredictability of the Phoenix itself. There's a reason the Kree, Skrull and Shi ar are all just as terrified of it as they are Galactus. I remember a comic where an Alien invasion was thwarted by showing them a hologram of the Phoenix, an advanced alien race that weren't worried about any of Earth's heroes took one look at the image of the Phoenix and said screw this and went away.

@x_29: read this. and stop pretending

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Simply 6 billion souls Vs 200 hundred.

Avengers.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By joshmightbe

Here's the #1 reason the whole World would demand someone stopped an entity such as the Phoenix from going to the X-men

Magneto: Not a Hero
    Magneto: Not a Hero

The X-men are lucky the Avengers came instead Marines loaded down with bombs and Sentinels because while Cyclops may have some trust in him the public may have trouble forgetting all those times Magneto tried to kill them. They'd see it somewhere along the lines of Bin Laden claiming to go good and started hanging out with a group holding several nukes.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Avengers without a doubt, from the beginning of the whole event the X Men acted liked nothing but crazed religious zealots and Summers was basically their Manson, willing to sacrifice six Billion people to save a few hundred. And even after they did get the Phoenix Force power what did they do? hunt down and lock up the Avengers simply because they judge them to be a threat (All irony must have been lost to them) heck, Namor destroyed a country just out of spite.

mzultan17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mzultan17

I have to say the X-men because so far this series has been making the X-men out to be bad guys, the middle arc of this series to me was just the Avengers over reacting and starting a war that could have been averted. There was no reason at the moment during the middle of this event to attack the Phoenix Fives home and take Hope, this is just my opinion but the X-men have really just been getting the crap end of this event.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By dernman

I have argued this so many times that I refuse to argue it again.  I side with the Avengers and cannot understand why anyone would side with the X-Men.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I'm callin it: Phoenix is gonna possess Hope, and then Hope is gonna do what she was born to do, and what the Avengers shouldnt've tried to stop her from doing in the first place...yeah!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By joshmightbe

The Avengers aren't being anti mutant they're anti unpredictable force that eats solar systems being fused with a teenager

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PurpleCandy

X-Men there cooler. It's like asking who's better between Griffin and Snape, Snape might be the rivals but to me there still cooler. I'm not sure really, if this goes on any longer I'm just going to say "Fuck it I dont care who wins I want this to end already"

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By joshmightbe

@PurpleCandy: I'm just going to go on record as saying messing with the Phoenix force is generally a bad idea and the X-men should know better. The Avengers are just responding the same way as all the other intelligent races in the universe have responded. With the totally rational fear of the goddamned giant sun-eating fire bird that can and has instantly destroyed worlds on a whim.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Osian2

@joshmightbe said:

@PurpleCandy: I'm just going to go on record as saying messing with the Phoenix force is generally a bad idea and the X-men should know better. The Avengers are just responding the same way as all the other intelligent races in the universe have responded. With the totally rational fear of the goddamned giant sun-eating fire bird that can and has instantly destroyed worlds on a whim.

So if something is unpredictable you should build a weapon to kill it? The Hulk was pretty unpredictable and they decided to get rid of him aswell, look how that turned out.

The logical reaction would have been to give the Phoenix what it wants (Hope) in an attempt to please it.

Cyclops and the X-men didn't want to use the Phoenix until after Cable came back from the future and told Scott that he had to make sure that the Avengers didn't prevent Hope from becoming the host.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Skunkstein

Avengers all the way, in the beginning it was more troublesome to pick sides, but now the writers are almost going fullblown supervillian with the X-Men.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By joshmightbe

@Osian2: If said unpredictable thing had literally killed hundreds of planets then yes people would freak the hell out and want something to defend them from the thing if it did decide to go all planet killer.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Skunkstein

@Osian2 said:

@joshmightbe said:

So if something is unpredictable you should build a weapon to kill it? The Hulk was pretty unpredictable and they decided to get rid of him aswell, look how that turned out.

The logical reaction would have been to give the Phoenix what it wants (Hope) in an attempt to please it.

Cyclops and the X-men didn't want to use the Phoenix until after Cable came back from the future and told Scott that he had to make sure that the Avengers didn't prevent Hope from becoming the host.

Yes, indeed if its... an unpredictable force such as The Phoenix, without a doubt should you have something to counter it. They do have many weapons against Hulk, and if he should go rogue they have enough firepower to stop him. Where with the Phoenix, if that went on a rampage, theres not much to do.

How can anyone rationalize using an all destructive force in a 50/50 chance of gaining something good out of it, that is completly unresponisble.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By joshmightbe

@Skunkstein: I'm not even saying they should kill the Phoenix I'm just saying being scared sh*tless of it is completely rational and honestly if a character isn't an abstract cosmic entity its pretty much the only believable reaction from sane people

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Osian2

@joshmightbe: It's not always the right decision though look at Galactus and how Reed said he was necessary. They should have let Hope become the host and then if it turned out that the Phoenix was going to destroy the planet then use the weapon against it.

@Skunkstein: It's not all destructive though and if it wanted to destroy the planet why didn't it do so the other twenty times it had the opportunity?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By joshmightbe

@Osian2: I'm not saying killing it is right just that wanting to have some method of defending your world from it is completely reasonable. Also the X-men never really even tried to properly explain why they wanted to use the Phoenix to the Avengers they just automatically assumed the Avengers wanted a fight. Having people like Magneto around probably didn't help as far as public perception goes so honestly if the Avengers hadn't shown up the world military probably would have.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Skunkstein

@joshmightbe:Ah, right... i agree!

@Osian2: Hah, yeah good point.. comic logic bro!

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

The Avengers aren't being anti mutant they're anti unpredictable force that eats solar systems being fused with a teenager

now thats scary

No Caption Provided

@Osian2 said:

@joshmightbe said:

i want x-men to win but marvel tuned them into the p5 and corrupted them, so avengers will win.....BOOOOOO

No Caption Provided
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By joshmightbe

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Now that I think about it the Avengers may not have reacted how they did had Cable not attempted to murder them just prior to AVX over this whole Phoenix thing.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Anyone willing to shoot Steve Rogers coming to you asking you to do the right thing in the interest of all the intelligent life of a small easily destroyable planet is not just wrong, he's a villain. There is no way around it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.