Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Captain America vs Wolverine

• 184 results
    LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can somebody explain me something;In AvX where Cap was fighting logan,he took one claw hit and was ready to go down,but so was logan ,after taking a hit from caps shield.In Schism logan took about 8-10 point blank(close range)optic blasts from cyclops in his face and was still standind ,when in AvX he took one shield blow and he was down,also in schism cyclops took enough claw hits from wolverine and was still fighting as hard as he could.I don't really get how their endurance change during the comics,for example,if AvX wolverine was fighting cyclops in schism,1-2 optic blasts would have done the job and logan would be out ,but,also if schism logan 'd be in AvX cap wouldn't have a chance.

stevenquincy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By stevenquincy

Wolverine, hands down. As much as I like Cap, I don't see how he can pull this off.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By spider11211

@teakay:

Seriously if anyone is riding hard it is you on the Wolverine train, your statements proved that. If you read my posts you will see I was much more objective and the continuity is there for proof. I like both characters and I called it like I see it. Where you get hit makes a difference if you do not know that try this: Flick your nose how does that feel, have someone kick you in the nuts, get hit in the neck, trust me it is different. Skill matters, it will be a good fight no matter how you look at it and each has the potential for a win...I just see Cap getting the win a little more often.

Winterborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight but wolverine should win this in the end. I love them both but Logans healing factor will win out here. I don't see cap being able to seal the deal even if he manages to get an advantage.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By spider11211

I agree that the healing factor does increase Wolverine's odds significantly. So you think he will heal fast enough to overcome significant strikes? What about a pressure point nerve strike?

Serous question for discussion not any snark accusation here.

Currently I stand by my past statements for example with skill even regular humans like us can break cement blocks and proper points can cause items to break and crumble but if Wolverine's healing can get past that fast enough.....??

TeaKay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider11211: its actually ridiculous how you can say its more likely that cap will take down wolverine with pressure strikes than wolverine could take one good swipe at cap. Think about this please you sound idiotic

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wolverine

Avatar image for vengerprofessional
    VengerProfessional

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

Wolverine.

Avatar image for charlie_shipman
    charlie_shipman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine

More experience

Faster

Stronger can lift two tones

Enchanced sense and better fighting skill will make the winner be wolverine

Gothicowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iyaihn: "You do know that Wolverine was more popular than Cap at that time and probably still is, Marvel is obviously going to let the most popular win. Besides Cap has beaten Wolverine before with just a shield bash, wolverine also got knocked out by a peak human, daredevil, with just a karate chop... don't make me post that."

Worst argument ever...

Apologies for the necro. Judging by the evidence posted in these past four pages, I would have to say Wolverine takes it 7-8 times out of 10.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine: Son't worry bub, i will finish this quickly

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine takes it i love cap though he is probably the best martial artist in marvel but he losses here

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Captain America use more skills than wolverine. I have no idea why people are saying that wolverine is more skilled than Rogers because he had more time to hone his skills when Captain America was frozen ? When Rogers was back in action he had more time to develop is skills and he has shown the ability to learn marital art at a fast rate one time he was able to master an advance form of marital art in one day. Wolverine always need to retrain because there time when is skills are slipping due to the fact that he does not relies on them.

Pigman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Pigman

Wolverines would win. Despite caps super human stuff, wolverines is naturally just as athletic and skilled plus he gets healed if he's hurt. They would go at it for a while but captain America would eventually take too much of a beating and lose while wolverine could take what cap could dish out indefinitely.

Irish78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would cap win? Yea He's a good fighter but wolverine would win hands down healing factor is way better

rabshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By rabshazam

Cap is good maybe a better fighter , is faster but that's pretty much it . Wolverines got better stamina durability and such thanks to his healing factor . He's been in fight with the hulk who's way stronger than cap.

Wolverine wins

Avatar image for redlantern_darkknight
    Redlantern_darkknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine in a curbsomp

watts1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Under normal circumstances I would give it to Wolverine. But this is Cap. They are very evenly matched. However, I go back to Earth X. A 60+ year old physically aged Captain America gets a beat down from an army of supers, one being the Hulk. After it, he stands up and walks away. I've never seen anyone walk away from A beat down from the Hulk alone, even Wolverine. But Cap did. Only reason I have to question it.

EzraHanson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is a comic in which captain america obtains the Murumasa blade, and it's a really good fight

Ultifan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The edge in the fight goes to cap for mid term (the ability for cap to adapt in battles) and to wolverine in long term (the healing factor is far supererior to cap)

we can only give the winner to wolverine if it were a sneak attack or a tie if it were in a 1v1 deathmatch

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3e40c6be63
    deactivated-57d3e40c6be63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine, he can take whatever Captain America can do to him.

Cap on the other hand, can only take so many stab wounds.

viperld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't see how Cap could win this without some plot device.

Logan get's low-balled and de-powered a ton (which I feel writers do because of how powerful he actually is). That being said, he's got the healing factor, endurance, adamantium, senses, combat speed, and centuries of experience. Logan could win this without claws honestly. His punches alone are adamantium bludgeons.

Neither of them would tire out in a fight. However, Logan would in the least get in enough wear and tear (blood loss) on Steve to slow him down for at least an instant. Logan will probably be even faster by this point if he starts to rage out. That right there is gonna be when Cap get's snikt'd.

I'm also confident Logan would slap that shield away with no boomerang bouncing back.

No hard feelings for Cap though, cool character.

Jbartley98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: ...but what he does isn't very nice *snikt*

Revive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine

thezoneexpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this by KO or to the death.

If it's by KO the Cap wins but if its to the death then Wolverine wins. How could Cap kill him ? Point taken.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
    deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Logan, ifhe uses his head and make full use of his martial arts capabilities. Otherwise, Steve might take this via knockout.

superman52445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would say cap but not easily

superman52445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wolverine would win.... healing factor, adamantium claws, and wolverine is better fighter... wolverine virtally knows every martial arts in world...

ChuckApick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By ChuckApick

If it's death fight and both bloodlusted wolverine won. That would not be easy but not too much difficult. If it's bloodlusted fight, wolverine could enter into berserk mode and that would be the end for capt.

Sentinel_Alpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting debate.

Avatar image for deactivated-64c9850de8e51
    deactivated-64c9850de8e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine stomps

Avatar image for eobartthawne123
    EobartThawne123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this would be a great fight, cap is a better fighter, but the healing factor is huge,

cap would eventually knock him out because he physically can't tire and will beat him in a good fight

Frosty1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Cap would win. Cap is considered the model of H2H fighting. When it comes to H2H, Cap is peerless. Wolverine has had too many low showings getting beaten by a simple throat chop or similar. Cap has never had a H2H low showing. Cap fights smart. Wolverine tends to fight like a berserker. He will never be able to get past that shield of Cap's. Cap has the skill, intelligence and technique to counter and knock Wolverine unconscious. Cap has also fought the Hulk and has held his own.

LukaDoncicmvp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap might be able to KO Wolverine with his shield.

But more often than not Wolvie wins.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.