Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7701 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers World Discussion.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

Thread to talk about Avengers World.

No Caption Provided

Kind of upset they art had a huge downgrade in issue 11. I was also happy about the Next Avengers being in the present, but after they got to open their mouths in issue 11 I just hope they go back to the future after this story.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

It'll get better. Hire me Marvel.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Teerack
    @oscars94 said:
    No Caption Provided

It'll get better. Hire me Marvel.

Yeah I would really like Herc to be in comics again.

I really liked this weeks issue but I was so sad at the end. I thought it was cool when they decided to revive the Doctor Druid legacy and since Strange has been going down a path of darkness I was really hoping Druid would become a bigger more relevant deal since other then Strange he's the only magically trained caster they have since Wiccan and Wanda rely on their mutant powers and don't have the traditional training that Strange and Druid do. I hope he lives. :(

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

@teerack: That issue made me mad I hope it's not true. I've held high hopes since for the character since his creation. I always saw much potential with Druid. I hear you about Wiccan and Scarlet Witch. I'm also bothered by their power levels and certain aspects of them.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Teerack

@dernman said:

@teerack: That issue made me mad I hope it's not true. I've held high hopes since for the character since his creation. I always saw much potential with Druid. I hear you about Wiccan and Scarlet Witch. I'm also bothered by their power levels and certain aspects of them.

Honestly every member of Fury's Secret Warriors is great. I'm kind o sad they seemed to have dropped the Mockingbird, Quake, and Winter Solider story they were building in secret avengers. I thought they were going to have a new secret warriors book.

The only other magic person who could really fill the voice of Strange if not Druid would be Clea. It's a shame no one at marvel cares enough about her to use her anymore. Besides that one Fearless Defenders team, but that book felt like a team of characters no one cared about sadly.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dernman

@teerack:

Hellfire: Supposedly dead though there was no body. Comic Limbo

Druid: Don't want to say it.

Manifold: Doing a stint with the Avengers.

Phobos: Dead in the Elysian Fields Fields in comic limbo.

Quake: Shows up every now and again in Secret Avengers. Not much

Slingshot: Comic Limbo

Stonewall: Comic Limbo

Nick Fury: Character Assassinated

Not a pretty picture for a Secret Warriors future.

They had a few characters but it seemed they killed a bunch. Like Jen Kale and Brother Voodoo.

It's mostly mutant or mutant related characters left that use magic. Though they bug me.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Teerack

@dernman: The only mutant characters that use magic are Magik and to a much lesser extent Pixie. I really wish Magik wasn't a fugitive. The fact that she currently keeps going back in time to become Doctor Strange's apprentice was really cool to me, and in the alternate reality where there was no X-Men she became the sorceress supreme. I'm hoping they will ignore this time travel rule and Strange will start to remember being her teacher.

The only characters who I think could have actually replaced strange as THE wizard on call would be Clea, Druid, Magik, and Hellstorm. Magik isn't able to cause she is a fugitive and wouldn't want to be an avenger, and Hellstorm's character was completely ruined and became a villain and is now a master of evil. I think it's a shame marvel has never tried to make Clea relevant again other then that bad defenders run.

Nicco from the runaways is now REALLY powerful and has spend the last three months training with Damian Hellstorm, but I'm not sure i he thought he about mystic texts and stuff. I think she might be a magic uses like Wiccan where she just kinda of yells what she wants to happen and it does happen.

There was also a time when Loki could have been the prime magic super hero, but the Loki I considered a hero has been murdered. There is also Doom who has been acting like a good guy since the Living Tribunal owned him.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack:

Not really a fan of Magik. I don't see her ever cutting ties to the X-Men to become something major in the Magic scene. I would like Pixie to explore more of her magic side. One of the things that bother me about mutants and magic is their powers are too closely linked.

I don't see Clea ever becoming that. Brother Voodoo or Jennifer Kale to a lesser extent had better chances. Hellstrom could have been if they went heavy on some combination of anti-hero anti-villain bit but honestly he's a character that is too easy to slip the border of villainy. Though with what he said in Venom about there being many versions of him good, neutral, bad out there who knows.

I totally forgot about Nicco....Now that a character that has potential in the magic corner if she distanced herself away from the young hero world. Not that it should because she a big name there. I can just imagine Alex Wilder being her long standing rival/enemy. Her with all the power and not the head for it. Him with all the knowledge but no power. Doubt it will happen. Wiccan it almost seems Marvel might be grooming him to be the next big thing in Magic even though he's tied so close to Young Avengers. I forget because it's been awhile but they made him something like the next focus of magic and can remake the laws for a new age. (wasn't a fan of that) IIRC he's also been the SS in the future. I think it would be him if Marvel lets them grow up. Magik I think would take a darker route.

Doom is good enough as Doom. Loki......I always felt there was a separation between the magic in Thor and the Magic of Dr Strange. My feeling on Loki the character are mixed. Not sure how I feel. He's a great villain, he was a great trouble making hero kid. This new guy is the problem that I'm mixed about on if I should like him or not.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Teerack

@dernman: iirc? I don't think Magik would go darker. She's been through a lot and I think the things she has been through would help her not go down the route Strange has gone down since she knows how awful it is to live without a soul.

Before Fear Itself Hellstorm had been a good guy or like 30 years in the real world. The whole point of the character is he wanted to be sorcerer supreme because he wanted to protect the world, and they kind of just ruined that a few years ago.

Not sure i it will last but in Axis when everyone gets their minds flipped Loki will become "the most honest and upstanding hero" in Loki Agent of Axis.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dernman

IIRC = If I remember correctly.

I can't really speak about Hellstrom's motivations in the past. I knew of the character but was only started to get to know him in recent years. I believe the change in attitude was explained in Venom. He doesn't see himself totally as a bad guy he's just doing what he has to do because he thinks it's best someone like him takes Mephisto's throne instead of someone more evil. That's why years ago he sent out hundreds of doubles good and bad to learn all they can. So supposedly all those years the good one must have been a double if I'm understanding right. It must really suck for those who liked the character.

I doubt it will last. They really seem to enjoy this on the border of good and evil character they have now. Plus they wont want to turn their back totally on Evil Loki.

Cough Just realized we're way off topic.

I might be getting my Avengers and Avengers World mixed up.

I hope we haven't seen the last of the new Smasher as a good guy. I like the character.

That back to the future reference was a set up but it still was funny. A glimpse of the future X-Men kids was nice.

It's good they seem to be using Black Knight again. He was bigger in the 90's but has been slowly fading into obscurity since. Not to happy with them painting him as a loser though. He's getting the D-Man treatment.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Teerack

@dernman: I forgot. Recently in the Nightcrawler book we start to see Amanda Sefton again. She is a sorceress.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or is wolverine flying.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sacredweapons

Is it just me or is wolverine flying.

Nvm figured it out

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: the only way i cant think of a metal man flying the wolviecopter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

knightmare187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can some one tell me the timeline of avengers world? Madripoor is on a flying dragon here and in uncanny x-men it's become a mutant haven run by mystique. I assume it's before mystique takes over but I'd like to know for sure. I know it's weird but it helps me keep things in perspective.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Teerack
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Going to read Avengers in a little while. You mean he doesn't have a body anymore and is an actual ghost?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@teerack: Going to read Avengers in a little while. You mean he doesn't have a body anymore and is an actual ghost?

Sorta.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.