Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers vs. X-Men: leading up to AvX

Avatar image for weareallskrulls
    weareallskrulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Hey there, I have recently gotten back into buying graphic novels after about a year or two hiatus. I'm interested in buying the complete AvX graphic novel, but I'm kinda really anal about an accurate reading order. I was hoping that someone on hear could help me out! I am only interested in buying graphic novels, not the single back issues. What would be the best starting point, and what are all the books in between leading up to AvX? I had House of M, Decimation, Secret Invasion, Siege, Endangered Species, Messiah CompleX, and X-Force/Cable: Messiah War (although a lot of them got destroyed in Hurricane Sandy, which helped push me away from comics :( ). So yeah, if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

@weareallskrulls: honestly, I think if you've read House of M and any Utopia era X-men, you should have no problem diving into AvsX.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I typed this out on another thread, so I'm just going to paste it here; I think it's as comprehensive a run-up to AvX as possible and covers virtually all of all the issues and conflicts involved.

1. Avengers Disassembled ---- The beginning of the Scarlet Witch's mental breakdown.

2. House of M --- Scarlet Witch snaps, recreates reality, wipes out the mutant gene and makes mutants an endangered and slowly dying species.

3. Decimation: House of M: The Day After/Generation M/X-Men: The 198/X-Men: Endangered Species ----- optional stories you could check out to get a feel as to the scope and severity of what Wanda did to the mutant race.

4. Messiah CompleX ---- Birth of Hope Summers, first mutant to be born after the Decimation.

5. Cable volume 2. ---- Hope growing up with Nathan Summers in the future. Not terribly important unless you really like Hope or Cable.

6. Second Coming ---- Hope and Cable return from the future. Emergence of the Five Lights.

7. Uncanny X-Men #526-530 ---- Hope tracks down the Five Lights. Unimportant.

8. Generation Hope ----- Hope's adventures with the Five Lights. Also not terribly important.

9. Avengers: The Children's Crusade ---- The Scarlet Witch returns.

9. Schism + Regenesis ----- X-Men split into two sides, one led by Cyclops and the other by Wolverine.

10. Avengers: X-Sanction --- Hope's relationship with the Phoenix Force underlined.

11. Avengers vs X-Men.

For other major Marvel events, read Civil War, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, Dark Reign and Siege in that order.

Avatar image for weareallskrulls
    weareallskrulls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I thank you, this was extremely helpful! I hate falling out of the continuity, it's so hard to bet back to yesterday!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.