Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7703 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

avengers movie: no edward norton

johnnie619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By johnnie619

well seem marvel said they dont need ed in the avengers movie. so i thought that ment no hulk but no there will be a hulk just not a edward norton. i dont like what marvel is doing right now wtf is the prob. dont be tight with the money if its about the money. look past the hassel with norton there was with hulk and start to listin to the fans have to say. killing of cyclops in x-men was onething making wolverine (best) look like the leader in the x-men movies was another and spider man 3 well ill just let thats slide (emo hair and dancing wtf) but not having the best act to play hulk in the avengers seems like a crime to me really kevin freige get your act together mate.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

They blame him for the fact the new Hulk movie dont make as much money as the Iron Man one. 
    Even when was better that Eric bana movie. 
    I dont know, they could kick out other guys that the movie dont need, like Black Widow. 
    Who face it is just in the movie for being half naked.

johnnie619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By johnnie619
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    "

They blame him for the fact the new Hulk movie dont make as much money as the Iron Man one. 
    Even when was better that Eric bana movie. 
    I dont know, they could kick out other guys that the movie dont need, like Black Widow. 
    Who face it is just in the movie for being half naked.

"

yeah your they do but who gives a rats ass he still the best hulk ever bana being a fellow aus i have to say grate man but eds hulk was just well cooler and it didnt have a hulked up poodle sigh. your right i mean we are looking a the avengers movie and i dont see B/W in the first line up or W/M why are they in the movie really beside being in iron man movies why they in it. and hawkeye is one my favs but does he really need to be in it on the other hand i dont see him getting his own movie so maybe it only chance to see him on big screen yeah?
    KingNomolos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KingNomolos

That really depresses me that edward norton not gonna be in avengers. Sort of p!$$3d

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

Does that mean Banner isn't gonna be in it? Cause that's just dumb. I liked Norton as Banner, but a lot of actors can pull that act off. I respect Norton, so I hope he does well without Hulk.  

And it was NOT his fault for the movie's underperformance. One, The Incredible Hulk came out the same day as The Happening. Everyone went to go see that instead (a horrible movie in my opinion.) Two, the general audiance thought this was a sequel to Ang Lee's fail Hulk film from 2003 (the one where it took 45 minutes for Bruce to Hulk up.) Three, it didn't have as nearly enough marketing as it should have. The reason why Iron Man, Dark Knight, and Spider-Man did extremely well (aside from being great films of course) was because of mass marketing and viral marketing. Make the ads fun and surplused and people will go see the film.  

Also, on a side note, Marvel didn't credit Norton for helping rewriting the script. He actually took the time and did some research on the character (unlike Chris Evans who doesn't know a thing about Cap) and rewrote some of the scenes to make it even more like the books. Good for him. He doesn't need The Avengers, he's a great actor.
    johnnie619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By johnnie619
    @Gambit1024 said:
    "Does that mean Banner isn't gonna be in it? Cause that's just dumb. I liked Norton as Banner, but a lot of actors can pull that act off. I respect Norton, so I hope he does well without Hulk.   And it was NOT his fault for the movie's underperformance. One, The Incredible Hulk came out the same day as The Happening. Everyone went to go see that instead (a horrible movie in my opinion.) Two, the general audiance thought this was a sequel to Ang Lee's fail Hulk film from 2003 (the one where it took 45 minutes for Bruce to Hulk up.) Three, it didn't have as nearly enough marketing as it should have. The reason why Iron Man, Dark Knight, and Spider-Man did extremely well (aside from being great films of course) was because of mass marketing and viral marketing. Make the ads fun and surplused and people will go see the film.   Also, on a side note, Marvel didn't credit Norton for helping rewriting the script. He actually took the time and did some research on the character (unlike Chris Evans who doesn't know a thing about Cap) and rewrote some of the scenes to make it even more like the books. Good for him. He doesn't need The Avengers, he's a great actor. "

hulk will be in the movie but wont be ed im not happy. yep your right on that one i mean ed knows what hes doing and i think he improved the movie.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
    @johnnie619:
    @Gambit1024: 
    Chris Evans jeez, Christian Bale is Batman, Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man, Heath Ledger is The Joker, Cillian Murphy, is the Scrae Crow, Kevin Spacey is Lex Luthor. 
    Is just me or he is the worst actor ever in the superheroes movies. 
    Face it, i Respect Bal for the fact he read Arkham Asylum and also know Martial Art , watch Equilibrium, he win a bunch of weigth. 
    Heth Ledger, was a month in a hotel room doing the joker, until he become the joker. 
    Edward Norton, rewrite the script and help a lot in the production. 
    Murphy is a hell of an actor and give the best acting he could. 
    Evans? Ryan Reynold figth for Deadpool, Why Evans? he dont care, he failed at being Johnny Storm, fail at being Johnny Storm is like failing at fail.
    CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CylonDorado

He was an awesome Hulk, I'm kinda ticked off at this.

Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Tomokata

Disappointing.  If I hear next that Downey and Bale aren't in it, I'm sensing a "Wait Until DVD" moment. 

Okay, from Marvel President Feige: 

"We have made the decision to not bring Ed Norton back to portray the title role of Bruce Banner in the Avengers," wrote Feige. "Our decision is definitely not one based on monetary factors, but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members. The Avengers demands players who thrive working as part of an ensemble, as evidenced by Robert, Chris H, Chris E, Sam, Scarlett, and all of our talented casts. We are looking to announce a name actor who fulfills these requirements, and is passionate about the iconic role in the coming weeks."  

This is quite possibly the most spun piece of BS I've heard.  Norton was the REASON The Incredible Hulk was made.  He loves the character, consulted heavily with Marvel execs on the movie, and respects the canon, the character, and the storyline.  Norton met with Whedon and immediately cleared his filming schedule to film The Avengers. 

They don't want Norton for some reason.  Be damned if I know what it is. 

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000
    @Tomokata:
    Money problems, they could think they could obtain a more cheap actor, is still Scarlett is a boring and plain, she is only great looking. 
    Also some people say the main reason why F4 sucked so hard was Evans and his ego.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

I think Banner should be mentioned but since there is no Norton it should just be his Hulk as the main enemy.

Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tomokata
    @DeathpooltheT1000:   See, with Downey, Johannson and Jackson in there, and Whedon at the helm, I'm having a very difficult time believing it's just money.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tomokata:
    Still they want to keep Jackson and Johannson, the main reason, she have great boobs and he is Mace Windu. 
    Also have Downey Jr. and Norton will make the other guys look bad, Johannson is not that good, Evans is ahorrible actor and the guy from Thor is not that great. 
    Still i want Johannson out of the movie.
    Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tomokata
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @Tomokata: Still they want to keep Jackson and Johannson, the main reason, she have great boobs and he is Mace Windu. Also have Downey Jr. and Norton will make the other guys look bad, Johannson is not that good, Evans is ahorrible actor and the guy from Thor is not that great. Still i want Johannson out of the movie. "
    That being said, NONE of them are cheap.  It surprises me that Whedon would let them cut corners to save on budget, particularly when they do have known (expensive) attitude issues like Evans. 

No, I still think more than money is involved.  
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Gylan Thomas
    @DeathpooltheT1000: 
    Evan's was perfect as Torch. Him and Chikliss thing where the best thing's about the FF flicks. 
    You say Black Widow's only there "for being half naked". She's got posibly the most modest costume of any female character in comics. Johannson's boob's aren't that great though so that aint the reason she's there as you state. 
    As for Jackson bein' in because of Mace Windu, no. Have you seen ultimate Nick Fury?

@Tomokata:
    There were rumours of creative differences between Norton and the producers. Maybe the whole "collaborative spirit" thing was an issue.

Don't get me wrong. I'd rather have Norton play Banner than any other actor I can think of but I'll reserve judgement. 
    Ironman, Incredible HULK and Ironman 2 have all been good movies. The marvel fella's have my trust untill they actually do screw up.
    Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Ed Norton is a great Banner, and the best modern age male actor alongside Kevin Spacey. This is just a bad decision by Marvel. 

Still, Marvel making bad decisions when it comes to their films isn't exactly a one-off occurence.

Tomokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Tomokata
    @Gylan Thomas:   Do you have any articles or anything on the creative differences between Norton and producers?  I'd really like to read them.  Norton specifically tailored the feel of Hulk to merge with the feel of Iron Man, and upcoming Avengers related movies.  I just want to bang my head against the wall over this.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PrinceIMC

I coulda sworn this was decided before Incredible Hulk even came out. I was under the impressions that Ed Norton had no interest in reprising the role. Plus he'd probably be a big chunk of the budget to get him while as Banner he wouldn't be as necessary to the plot so its easy to lose him. Give the money they would have given him to Robert Downey Jr.

johnnie619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By johnnie619

well seems they looking at joaquin phoenix to play hulk in avengers so much for money probs. like him but i say NO. Ed all the way
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gylan Thomas:
    Johannson is only in the movey for being what some boys in the street call "all that", she is there for being "hot", even when there is hotter girls and there is also better actresses for the role, she is only great in Match Point and i think is the whole movie that make her look great. 
    Samuel Jackson, yeah i think there is other black actor that could do a Black Nick Fury,i love Sam Jakcson, but i think they could look for other actors for the Black Nick Furty like Erik King from Dexter, who i think i could feel him more like Nick Fury. 
    Also, i have to be honest i think a Black Capitan America by Will Smith was a better idea, that Chris Evans, sorry but he is like ion that list, if Ryan Reynolds dont want to do this movie we call this guy. 
    You know, like Chris Klein or Seann William Scott, that so many times do movies that Ryan Reynold was the original cast idea., at least for me Evans is in that list, poor Seann William he is better that Evans and Klein. 
    I dont belive the idea, meaby he just watch the script and notice it was lik The Wizard movie, just a movie to make you buy something. 
    To people to younbg to rememebr the Wizard was a movie to make  you buy the horrible power glove.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.