Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers assemble !...in some countries

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jack16ichigo

Sorry if this has already been brought up but i didn't see anything about it so...

But why is it called Avengers assemble is some countries ?!? like in mine, I find this really annoying and pointless is it too seperate it from The Avengers tv show from the 60's ? and that 90's film adaptation ? what's the point in that plenty of movies have had the same name before and Avengers assemble could still be about the 60's tv show since it still has the word Avengers in it so it could still apply.Does that mean that the sequel will be Avengers Assemble 2 ? or just Avengers 2 ? if the latter that'd annoy me even more that it was called Avengers assemble.

So what do you think ? is it a better title or worse ? is this happening in your country too ?

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Hunter114

Sometimes they just think the name is cooler in some countries... these people are mostly not that bright...

They should just keep it as "The Avengers" (or the international linguistic equivalents)

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Chaos Burn

There already was a movie in the 1950s (?) called 'The Avengers', they had to change it really quickly to avoid lawsuits

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

It was started in the UK because they didn't want to confuse people with the old Avengers tv show and later movie adaptation that had nothing to do with the Avengers from Marvel Comics.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jack16ichigo

@Chaos Burn: Im not sure what movie you mean,there was the day will dawn that was released as the avengers in the us, there was an Italian film from the 60's,there was The avengers tv series from the 60's and a film based on the series in the 90's so if all those share it why can't this and i haven't heard any mention of a lawsuit do you know anything else about that ?

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Chaos Burn

@jack16ichigo: I have a friend who works in advertising for Disney, she said they had to change it because of a previous film, I don't think there was a lawsuit, but there could've been grounds for one.

You know how it is, as soon as something gets attention, everyone starts trying to sue it - remember that town called Batman that tried to sue around the time Dark Knight came out

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jack16ichigo

@Chaos Burn: Oh right i still dislike the name change but i guess nothing can be done about its just annoying how the world works sometimes and lol a town called Batman....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.