Follow

Avengers

Team » Avengers appears in 7699 issues.

The Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes and foremost super-team... "There came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, the Avengers were born - to fight the foes no single super hero could withstand! Heed the call, then - for now, the Avengers Assemble!"

Avengers 2 Might not have Hemsworth and Johansson Return

• 99 results
    Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By BlueLantern1995

Okay, so this title is troubling. The Terrance Howard Syndrome(he didn't return from Iron Man because of his wanting more money) has now reached the Avengers cast. Here is source.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/08/news-marvels-the-avengers-2-casting-woes

So what do you think? I think that those 2 are not truly necessary for the roles as other people could fill the roles just as easilly if not even a little better(especially for Thor, I even have someone I wouldn't mind replacing him in mind).

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I've heard some rumors about the cast being annoyed with Marvel's numbers for their respective salaries. Hemsworth was quoted as being reluctant to return to Thor for his low pay and also because of the intense workout needed to bulk up for Thor.

Personally, I would be saddened if these two were dropped. I like Hemsworth as Thor, he's got the regal voice and the physically imposing presence for the part. And Johannson while less than stellar in IM2, actually played a strong and convincing Widow for the Avengers. It would be a shame if we lost them, but let's just hope that Marvel can come to a compromise.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

To be honest, I'd be fine if they just wrote Black Widow out. If they're going for a 'token woman', I'd much rather it be someone with powers.

It seems a little soon for Thor to go, but seeing as there are loads more Avengers available, I think it could still be a good film without him, if they bring in another good member instead.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By OldManDuncan

Sh#t happens

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hm... Is it a problem because they want too much money for what they're doing, or because Marvel doesn't want to pay them a stable salary in their pay grade for x number of movies?

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Eh, just recast Don Cheadle as both of 'em...

In fact, all you need for the entire movie is Don Cheadle and I'm happy...

*okay, maybe not in place of Scarlett Johansson.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@jonsmith They want more money than what they agreed to in the contract(from what I got anyway) because they are more popular now and get more money for new roles than what they agreed to in their old agreement.

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I can easily do without Scarlet Johansson. I never cared for her as Black Widow. Hemsworth will be missed.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eternal19

Black Widow was just in the movie for Eye Candy anyway she wasnt a really important character. But I feel Thor is a necessary member to make avengers 2 a success.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kidchipotle

I would be crushed if either left. Especially Scarlet, I LOVE her. :P

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

I love both of them! Hemsworth is perfect for Thor and Johansson did a great job as Black Widow in Avengers. I'd love Ms. Marvel to come in. They need more female heroes, especially ones with powers. Luke Cage would be awesome too.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

>(O__O)>

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Johansson I can do without but Hemsworth, hell no. Pay up Marvel and Disney, we've had enough change over actors for one cinematic universe.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Well, it'd definitely be weird to get rid of Black Widow at this point but I'm sure they could easily replace her with Falcon or Ant-Man in the future films but there would definitely be an outrage. Hemsworth is the one they can't really afford to lose.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Some actors just don't get it: You may be bigger than some movies, but you definitely aren't bigger than this FRANCHISE! If anything you take LESS money for this movie so you can charge MUCH MORE for other movies.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget said:

Well, it'd definitely be weird to get rid of Black Widow at this point but I'm sure they could easily replace her with Falcon or Ant-Man in the future films but there would definitely be an outrage. Hemsworth is the one they can't really afford to lose.

Exactly! it won't be the same, i just won't!

Yeah, but it's pretty evident that both sides are being a tad bit greedy. I mean, Disney has more than enough money to afford raising their salaries up to at least a million per film. On the other hand, the actors get an INSANE movie deal where they sign on for multiple guaranteed films that are easily the most popular in the market currently.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lvenger

@deranged_midget said:

@theacidskull said:

@deranged_midget said:

Exactly! it won't be the same, i just won't!

Yeah, but it's pretty evident that both sides are being a tad bit greedy. I mean, Disney has more than enough money to afford raising their salaries up to at least a million per film. On the other hand, the actors get an INSANE movie deal where they sign on for multiple guaranteed films that are easily the most popular in the market currently.

thats why i'm angry, If i had that much i wouldn't even think about asking for more .

Avengers made more than was expected so the actors seemed to want to be paid more than they did for the last one. It's a shame money can get in the way of the pleasurable things in life.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Hemsworth should return.

snarkybits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By snarkybits

The core group, minus RDJ(as he already got one), deserve a pay raise.

As little a fan I am of ScarJo, I liked her as Black Widow, but I LOVE Hemsworth as Thor.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The core group, minus RDJ(as he already got one), deserve a pay raise.

As little a fan I am of ScarJo, I liked her as Black Widow, but I LOVE Hemsworth as Thor.

RDJ deserves another one.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Avengers made more than was expected so the actors seemed to want to be paid more than they did for the last one. It's a shame money can get in the way of the pleasurable things in life.

It's the truth boys. You are a part of one of the biggest franchises in history of film and you decide to complain for a little bit more money? As if you don't already have enough :P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

It's the truth boys. You are a part of one of the biggest franchises in history of film and you decide to complain for a little bit more money? As if you don't already have enough :P

To be fair though, it's unfair RDJ got so much more than the other actors in Avengers. He is the main lead and he wowed everyone but the difference in pay shouldn't have been as big as it was.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way this is happening, I'm pretty sure they'll come to a compromise

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Telcalipoca

pay the thunder god his money the wench need not stay though

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I couldn't care less about Black Widow so if she left i wouldn't mind it. But Thor is needed, i think Hemsworth does a great job with the character but i understand his reasoning though. Maintaining that physique is one hell of a job.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dat a** goes, i go.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I couldn't care less about Black Widow

-_____-

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: points and laughs

<.<

>.>

runs away

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@mercy_: I told you that before, i like her comic book version. I just really don't like Scarlett's performance. It just does nothing for me, bland and... Blah.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_stegman  Moderator

Gotta love how actors who already get paid thousands for their roles complain about it not being enough.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

@lvenger said:

To be fair though, it's unfair RDJ got so much more than the other actors in Avengers. He is the main lead and he wowed everyone but the difference in pay shouldn't have been as big as it was.

It was written in RDJ's contract years ago that if there was ever an Avengers movie he would get a certain percentage of the cash it generated so the only reason he got as much money as he did was because Avengers was a huge smash.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDK, it always takes me out of the movie when the heroes look very noticeably different then in the last film.

mk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd miss Hemsworth, but I don't care if they re-cast Black Widow.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw, I really hope they don't leave.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@the_stegman: being famous isn't cheap, man. you need money and....... stuff. expensive stuff. how are you going to feed them lamas with only a couple hundred thousands?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

@lvenger said:

It was written in RDJ's contract years ago that if there was ever an Avengers movie he would get a certain percentage of the cash it generated so the only reason he got as much money as he did was because Avengers was a huge smash.

Ah I see. A prerequisite in the contract. Makes sense I guess.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

@thetimestreamer: Damn, you're right...I wasn't thinking about the llamas...give them more then in that case.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

@lvenger said:

Ah I see. A prerequisite in the contract. Makes sense I guess.

Yea RDJ (or his lawyer) was the only one with the foresight to see this thing may just get huge and make a hell of a lot of cash

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By theTimeStreamer
    No Caption Provided

@the_stegman: just give them what they want. for the love of god. they can eat the money.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By jumpstart55

To me, it is not the avengers without Thor, Captain America and Iron-man.

So either all three of these or no deal imo.

I really enjoyed hensworth as Thor same goes for the Hulk, Iron man and Cap.

So if anyone of these guys wasn't able to return i would be severely disappointed and might actually consider not watching The Avengers two. But if it ends up being an good movie without these four, i cant hate.

theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55: oh you'll watch it. even without them. you see the first one you're hooked. even if you hear it's bad you'll watch it. it's like crack.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm good if they replace the Thor actor, and don't care for widow, actually she's not an intregal part of the Avenger anyway, she's more like eyecandy if you will in movieverse. I think MU has bent over backward trying to give the character a push. The A2 could do without her altogether. Thor on the otherhand is essential and I wouldn't mind seeing a new actor in the role.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Johansson I wouldn't mind too much but Hemsworth is brilliant as Thor, it would be a shame to see him leave the role.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DH69

Hemsworth, SLJ, and Downey would be the only big losses, everyone else is expendable. Widow was just there to round out the group, whedon's usually alot better at handling female characters but she was wasted on johansson.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By Yung ANcient One

Honestly I'd hate to see Thor go because for me if they keep A thor in the movie without Heimsworth I will not Watch it, but if they simply replace Thor for another hero I will still watch it.

I think ScarJo did a good job but I honestly could care less for her character in the movie.

I only want Thor to stay.

If they can't come to a compromise then so be it. I'm not going to get worked up over actors and franchises fighting for millions when both sides can easily compromise. Disney can raise the pay rate, and Actors can live without the pay rate.

Again if they can't come to an agreement then **** it. I will still watch The Avengers 2 as long as they don't replace the actors but the heroes instead.

I personally will enjoy a nice line or two that mentions what is going on in reality.

Cap & Stark ask where is Thor, and Fury says that they lost contact with him and the last thing they heard from him is he was dealing with some Wrecking Crew trying to steal their treasure.

&

Then Hawkeye walks in and mentions Black Widow going AWOL with Yelena Belova (Olivia Wilde,Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale, Kristen Bell, Malin Akerman, Ivana Milicevic, and et cetera) aka Black Widow II is there as a replacement for now

this is just one explanation + replacement of hero/character instead of actor.

Or Stark can call Rhodes I been wanting to see War Machine again because Iron Patriot SUCKS (not really but War Machine is 68X better.)

Plus they can replace Thor and/or Black Widow for

Antman, Giant-Man, Luke Cage, Falcon, War Machine, Wasp, Spider-Woman, Captain Marvel (Carol), Vision, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and et cetera.

I will miss Thor but I'd rather see another hero than another actor as Thor. There's a difference in being in 1 move then on the 2nd another one not appearing (Terrance Howard/ all the Hulk actors thus far), and actually being in 3 movies in a row then suddenly replaced on the 4th.

Now I repeat ScarJo/Black Widow can easily be replaced in my opinion we have a lot of agents in S.H.I.E.L.D.

but Thor...

He's part of the Main 3 in the Avengers
    He's part of the Main 3 in the Avengers

Possible Black Widow II aka Yelena Belova's and/or other heroines

Ivana Milicevic
    Ivana Milicevic
     Malin Akerman
    Malin Akerman
    Elsa Pataky
    Elsa Pataky
    Kristen Bell
    Kristen Bell
    Kate Beckinsale
    Kate Beckinsale
    Jessica Biel
    Jessica Biel
    Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde

( + )

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It bums me out that Hemsworth is hesitant to return, because I really like him as Thor. Can't say the same for Johansson... It may be in part a fault of the script, but I found her performance as Widow bland and forgettable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.