stompa's Avengers Annual #1 - Part Two review

Avatar image for stompa
    • stompa wrote this review on .

A bit disappointed

After reading the first part is was really curious about this issue.The artwork was fine and the overall story is good but there are two things really getting off my nerves. First: the reason why the other "heroes" joind Wonder Man´s cause. Besides Anti-Venom most of them were acting out of revenge or because they are crazy.....there were a dozen of great possibilities and reasons but it´s the typical villain stuff.

Second: The Avengers saved the earth countless times and should propably have a fanclub with 1 billion members but as soon as one guy states how much they "failed" everyone jumps on the train.....that is somewhat weird for me.

As a conclusion i say it is a nice read but not really special in any way.

Other reviews for Avengers Annual #1 - Part Two

Atlas Does a Good King Kong 0

Better late than never, Wonder Man's rebellion against the Avengers with his team of Revengers concludes and serves as a surprisingly strong prologue to the current saga with Norman Osborn's return. It's a story that would have been much better had its parts come out in a timely manner, but the delayed pace doesn't completely rob it of its dramatic impact.As of the latest New Avengers Annual, Wonder Man's Revengers have stormed Avengers Mansion and defeated the New Avengers. Now, the Avengers re...

A Less Than Wonderful Tale 0

OK it took forever but they finally released the next part of this story!! Just to make sure everyone is all caught up, the first part of this Revengers storyline was released last year in the New Avengers annual, and we were promised a continuation in (what we thought was 2011’s) Avengers Annual. So we waited and waited…and then waited some more. And now it’s finally here! Was it worth the wait? Eh…maybe…not a terrible story, but I wonder if it was worth the 6 month wait we endured to get to it...