See What The Vision Looks Like in His Early Moments of Avengers: Age of Ultron

Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio

In the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Vision was kept a secret from the public for quite a long time. He's not in the trailers and his poster wasn't revealed until much later. In fact, there hasn't been any video of the character... until now.

Actor Paul Bettany, who plays The Vision, went onto The One show and played a couple of clips from Age of Ultron. The clip you want to see, featuring the waking moments of the Vision, starts at 5:05.

Avengers: Age of Ultron opens up on May 1, 2015.

Staff
#1 Posted by Ruvik_ (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#2 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, i just don't think Paul knows what omnipotent really means lol.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#3 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

You know... he really would make a good John Constantine (not as good as Matt Ryan though)

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#4 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9033 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing that bugs me a little is his human like eyes. Small gripe I'm sure I'll get over it.

#5 Posted by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still uncertain about the Vision looks wise, but from what I heard he's pretty cool in the movie.

#6 Posted by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing that bugs me a little is his human like eyes. Small gripe I'm sure I'll get over it.

ultrons human mouth movements bother me, much like these human eyes

#7 Edited by Russcovito (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw the movie yesterday, didn't know a lot about the character and I can tell you one thing, he's so cool that I want to learn more about him. Yup, he's THAT good.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: He really isn't... i mean omnipotence means something is quite literally unlimited in it's powers/abilities. Him hacking the entire world wide web doesn't even cut it close.

Avatar image for anarrowintheheart10
#10 Posted by anarrowintheheart10 (75 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36712 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel chill on the clips.

#13 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: You think all the knowledge of the entire universe is on our internet?

No Caption Provided

#14 Posted by rogueshadow (29266 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#15 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Neat

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
#16 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

Always liked Vision

~MiB

Avatar image for avatar_of_green
#17 Posted by Avatar_of_Green (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by jwalser3 (6127 posts) - - Show Bio

That Ultron voice..

#19 Posted by TheHeat (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor better kick his ass in this movie like he did in the comics.

#20 Posted by marcohtx (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I literally squealed like a girl at that reveal. He is the thing I am most excited for.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#21 Posted by amazing_webhead (9820 posts) - - Show Bio

looks awesome

#22 Posted by kfabz-23 (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

@theheat: apparently Vision is the most powerful Avenger

Avatar image for comicsbornandbred
#23 Posted by ComicsBornAndBred (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks amazing

#24 Posted by TheHeat (712 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfabz-23 said:

@theheat: apparently Vision is the most powerful Avenger

That's dumb! Thor has beaten Vision a couple of times in the comics. I hate how weak Thor is in the movies.

#25 Posted by tristan95 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I already watch age of ultron hahah

#26 Edited by KingWillie (597 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: no but the total some off all human knowledge is in the internet an the the closest anything will actually be to omniscience

#28 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Winter_Kills (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. It's going to be cool seeing Vizh on-screen, feel like his presence shows the "classical" Avengers coming together(all we need is Black Panther & Ant-Man & the Wasp in some form)...he's always been a cool character with untapped potential IMO, & from what I've been hearing from early reviews he's pretty bad@$$ & just might be the movie's break-out character.

#31 Posted by lexxust (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@lone_wolf_and_cub: yes they should have blacken out all of his eyes or at least gloss over them like vin diesel in pitch black. big screw up.

#32 Posted by lexxust (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: both ultron mouth and vision eyes are big screw ups imo.

#33 Posted by Divell (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw the movie yesterday, didn't know a lot about the character and I can tell you one thing, he's so cool that I want to learn more about him. Yup, he's THAT good.

where did u saw the movie

#34 Posted by Divell (2616 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by ShadowLife248 (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Hemsworth teased he has a big fight with Vision which was .....4 seconds..

#36 Posted by TheBlondeGod (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a friend in FB and posted on her wall saying "Vision is Bae." Hahahahha thought I'd share it with you guys. :p

Avatar image for technobacon2014
#37 Posted by TechnoBacon2014 (227 posts) - - Show Bio

You know... he really would make a good John Constantine (not as good as Matt Ryan though)

Matt Ryan is God.

#38 Posted by flameboy298 (2805 posts) - - Show Bio

Chris Hemsworth teased he has a big fight with Vision which was .....4 seconds..

Seriously?

Avatar image for avatar_of_green
#39 Edited by Avatar_of_Green (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: No, not unlimited power. Unlimited knowledge within a given setting (Earth).

Limited Omniscience: A third person narrator is OUTSIDE of the story being told.

Omniscient narrator are "all knowing" of everyone's thoughts and feelings in a story. Limited omniscient narrators are all-knowing of either one or a few characters in a story--not everyone.

This is in regards to narration but could be used in regards to characters in a story as well. If Vision has all of the Internet data in the world at his fingertips he could be omniscient, but only on Earth, so on a limited scale.

Can't believe I had to explain that.

#40 Edited by EdBlank (1480 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatar_of_green said:

@atheistknowledge: I would call it limited omniscience

"Limited" negates the prefix "Omni" such that "Limited"="not Omni"

Edit: ^^^ I take it all back because of the above post. Still a weird phrase but I will accept it.

#41 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw it last night, The Vision is a real highlight.

#42 Edited by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatar_of_green said:

@atheistknowledge: No, not unlimited power. Unlimited knowledge within a given setting (Earth).

Limited Omniscience: A third person narrator is OUTSIDE of the story being told.

Omniscient narrator are "all knowing" of everyone's thoughts and feelings in a story. Limited omniscient narrators are all-knowing of either one or a few characters in a story--not everyone.

This is in regards to narration but could be used in regards to characters in a story as well. If Vision has all of the Internet data in the world at his fingertips he could be omniscient, but only on Earth, so on a limited scale.

Can't believe I had to explain that.

The explanation you are giving makes no sense, there is no omniscience limited to Earth alone, with such definition you could go and say he has omniscience in his country or his city or his bedroom...

There is no limited unlimited knowledge, how many times do i need to repeat such an obvious thing? I know that narrators are all knowing in their own stories but the narrator did not say Vision is all knowing or omniscient it was an actor that said that and if all he did to achieve that was log onto Earths internet than that is obviously not enough because the narration itself tells us of a many worlds outside of MCU Earth. And you can't be omniscient with a single particular area... it defeats the purpose of being omniscient.

Explain what? An oxymoron? Yea you gave a fine example of it.

@edblank It's not weird phrasing it's an oxymoron lol, his explanation makes no sense.

#43 Posted by Samuel_Simmons (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge I mean in a way you could say he is omnipotent, an a.i. is godlike in its power, I'm sure Paul knows what the word means, just because he didn't use the word perfectly doesn't mean anything, a lot of people don't use words correctly at all, you understood what he was saying and that's really all that matters. Stop nitpicking and leave it alone.

#44 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@samuel_simmons: So because many people don't use the word correctly we should just leave it alone and accept it? Stop being such an albino dude.

#46 Posted by ShadowLife248 (180 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by Oscars94 (3185 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this because I'm Irish. I'm glad I didn't see any of these clips. The Vision was amazing in the movie!

#48 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.