Opening Weekend Box Office Predictions

Avatar image for superherofanboy24
#1 Posted by superherofanboy24 (50 posts) - - Show Bio

The first Avengers movie broke the opening weekend record at the domestic box office by making $207.4 million. So I ask for your predictions for the opening weekend number for Avengers Age of Ultron. Will it make more than the first movie or less opening weekend?

#2 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably more I'd say. Its hard to tell but there's probably more hype about this one than the last, especially with the hits that were the winter soldier and guardians of the galaxy. With ever-increasing ticket prices and more hype it should do more.

Avatar image for thefantomconvoy
#3 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess more.

#4 Posted by HaveAtThee (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to guess slightly less. Maybe something like $197.6 million. Which is still ridiculous.

#5 Posted by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio

yaboi

#6 Posted by Batman1130 (1464 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking more just because of the high standards the first one set and because sequels always seem to be more advertised and marketed as long as the first movie was successful which the avengers obviously was

#7 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

millions

#8 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

tens of millions

Avatar image for thefantomconvoy
#9 Posted by TheFantomConvoy (2134 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.