Mystery Woman in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Revealed

Posted by k4tzm4n (41737 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a scene in the Avengers: Age of Ultrontrailer (if you haven't watched it yet, click here right now and then come back) where the team of heroes is just hanging out in Avengers Tower. Except there's one actress that no one immediately recognized. Her appearance caused plenty of speculation, but now Buzzfeed says they know the identity of the actress. Disney has informed them the person is Kim Soo-huyn (a.k.a. Claudia Kim).

No Caption Provided

Disney didn't tell the site who she's playing, but Buzzfeed made a pretty good guess. They believe she could be Suzi Endo, a character who worked at Stark Industries' cybernetics department. Not a shabby guess considering Ultron's the big bad, right? Do you think that's likely who the actress has been cast as or do you believe she's someone else?

No Caption Provided

Avengers: Age of Ultron is directed by Joss Whedon and opens May 1, 2015.

Source: Buzzfeed

#1 Posted by jayskee (4843 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes sense though she probably will only have a cameo

#2 Posted by G_leno (1507 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno. Their guess is as good as mine.

#3 Posted by ilgoga (7 posts) - - Show Bio

A random female to avoid too much of a sausage party? (That's why Maria's invited and not Nick?)

#4 Posted by WheatStalker (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so a Korean actress, and shots of Cap and Widow in Korea, as well as a Samsung tablet product placement, not that that means anything. Wonder what's happening in the Orient ...

Also, if you search that name, Kim Soo-huyn, a male actor comes up.

#5 Edited by Captain13 (4769 posts) - - Show Bio

--or Monica Chang from Avengers A.I. and Ultimate Avengers.

#6 Posted by flazam (2611 posts) - - Show Bio

this is cool I gonna need to think though some characters

#7 Posted by kidchipotle (15763 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#8 Edited by ZZoMBiE13 (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

@ilgoga said:

A random female to avoid too much of a sausage party? (That's why Maria's invited and not Nick?)

Well Maria Hill did go to work for Stark after SHIELD fell. Makes sense to me that she would be there.

#9 Edited by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio
@zzombie13 said:

@ilgoga said:

Well Maria Hill did go to work for Stark after SHIELD fell. Makes sense to me that she would be there.

No one knows where Nick Fury is.

Suzi Endo is a pretty weak and horrible guess in my opinion. Considering how irrelevant has been for so long.

It's probably more likely Wendy Kawasaki who worked for Tony Stark for a while and then went on to be Captain Marvel's assistant. It will likely just be Marvel trying to establish some familiar characters to help set the Captain Marvel movie up.

#10 Posted by AwesomePerson (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

Your guess is as good as mine... It may not be a comic character either so yea...

#14 Edited by Sachmoo (2500 posts) - - Show Bio

I am 100% certain that I said it was her in the first article created here for the original leak.

My guess, just a guess, is at the very least she is Monica Chang. But i have a suspicion she will have a dual role and be Monica Chang/Mantis or MoonDragon and splice 2 characters together.

#15 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo: That would make sense since they made her all important with A.I. stuff last year.

#16 Posted by mangakid1995 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

@wheatstalker: there are two thats why she popularly known as Claudia Kim and not her birth name.

#17 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

@wheatstalker: the male soo-hyun is very famous, this chick is new that's why. you just got to do more looking or refine your search.

#18 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was jane at first since she is next to thor but when the clear picture came out I knew it was kim. had no idea who she was playing then marvel announced this Korean comic introducing a new Korean female avenger....coincidence?? most likely they are not going to debut that character anytime soon if ever but hey its out there now. if people say she is this suzi person (I don't read iron man so don't know her) then guess that's who she's playing. but would be cool if she was the character from electric rain then we could have our first Asian super hero up there

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#19 Posted by amazing_webhead (9819 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Cap got a date?

Avatar image for artisticneedham
#20 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2730 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't think people should get their hopes up and start imagining all these different ideas of superheroes she could be because it could turn out she is just a scientist.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
#21 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5695 posts) - - Show Bio

@sachmoo said:

I am 100% certain that I said it was her in the first article created here for the original leak.

My guess, just a guess, is at the very least she is Monica Chang. But i have a suspicion she will have a dual role and be Monica Chang/Mantis orMoondragonand splice 2 characters together.

I would love it if Moondragon made it into the film's line up!

it seems unlikely to me that that's the case, but not impossible.. it would give the team a connection to the GotG, since Moondragon is Drax the Destroyer's daughter, which could make her character more relevant down the line.

#22 Posted by Sachmoo (2500 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, not to toot my own horn, I thought the original poster with Cap and Stark, with their backs to each other and Ultron in the middle was foreshadowing a rift between the two and eventual Civil War scenario. I could have read to Much into it, But hey, maybe I was right.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
#23 Edited by RideASpaceCowboy (832 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps she's playing Janet Pym, as part of a tie-in with the upcoming Ant-man film, with casting inspiration coming out of the Ultimate universe, a la Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
#24 Edited by oldnightcrawler (5695 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Perhaps she's playing Janet Pym, as part of a tie-in with the upcoming Ant-man film, with casting inspiration coming out of the Ultimate universe, a la Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

yeah, I considered that too.

#25 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (873 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

Doubt it since Evangeline Lily is Hope Van Dyne and Michael Douglas is Hank Pym in Ant-man.

#26 Posted by MRhairE (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel girl

#27 Edited by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio

Its Maria Hill watch the extended trailer

#28 Edited by iceslick (865 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: The only character I can think of is Monica Chang, since she's the only Asian character I know and she's part of Shield in the comics. I'm not sure she's Korean though and it could open a possibly of being the new Black Widow, if Black Widow ends up dying. :-(

#29 Posted by TheThe (1847 posts) - - Show Bio

@rideaspacecowboy said:
No Caption Provided

yeah, I considered that too.

#30 Posted by ccraft (12437 posts) - - Show Bio

@ilgoga said:

It's a party why would they invite their old boss?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
#31 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (8155 posts) - - Show Bio

Its Maria Hill watch the extended trailer

She's the woman wearing red and a black jacket IIRC. Not the unidentified character the article is talking about.

#32 Posted by vinomonster (5566 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Edited by cmaprice (867 posts) - - Show Bio

When I didn't know what actress the extra dark haired woman in the trailer was, I'd hoped it was Jane Foster. Just so she could be the major character Joss has teased will get "Jossed".

#34 Posted by Perethorn (6291 posts) - - Show Bio

So...Thor likes them asians

#35 Posted by Tiamut (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, good guess.

#36 Posted by HumanRocket (11234 posts) - - Show Bio

It's clearly Squirrel Girl. Only way the Avengers beat Ultron.

#37 Posted by MiniSaladFresh (521 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you ever wonder if maybe people are analysing this trailer too much? Seriously, you see a distant shot of the Avengers with a random woman in the background and suddenly it's all "WHO IS THIS MYSTERY WOMAN? SECRETS REVEALED WE'RE ONTO YOU MARVEL!"

Nobody seems to have considered that she might just have been bringing Stark some coffee or something, why is everything such a huge deal? Get a grip guys...

Avatar image for left_my_heart_in_san_franchees
#38 Posted by Left_My_Heart_In_San_Francheesie (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you ever wonder if maybe people are analysing this trailer too much? Seriously, you see a distant shot of the Avengers with a random woman in the background and suddenly it's all "WHO IS THIS MYSTERY WOMAN? SECRETS REVEALED WE'RE ONTO YOU MARVEL!"

Nobody seems to have considered that she might just have been bringing Stark some coffee or something, why is everything such a huge deal? Get a grip guys...

You're my hero man. Can't agree more.

#39 Posted by Luissv72 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: or Marianella Mancha (probably spelled wrong), otherwise known as the "mother" of Victor Mancha, the greatest cyborg ever

#40 Posted by Divell (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

I think that too, like she is alerting the avengers and asking them help so they could stop Ultron right?

#41 Posted by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

@luissv72 said:

@captain13: or Marianella Mancha (probably spelled wrong), otherwise known as the "mother" of Victor Mancha, the greatest cyborg ever

What's good ol Victorious been up too lately?

#42 Edited by DrF8 (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

She will be playing the Ultimate Universe Wasp

#43 Posted by MiamiShaman (121 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by nimrods (422 posts) - - Show Bio

token Asian

#47 Posted by jedi_deadpool (49 posts) - - Show Bio

My theories have concluded that she is scarlet witch

#48 Edited by tekh2999 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope this is definitely Captain Marvel, I can't believe the many marvel fans out there and don't know who this is, most of you weren't even born, Captain marvel pretty much ran the Avenger just as long as anyone, possibly the most powerful as Earth heros are concerned in Marvels arsonal, They only call her up when the Avengers are going up against some major heavy hitters, like Thanos. Bringing Black Panthers sister in the mix would be pointless. With upcoming movies leading to the Infinity War they all don't stand a chance without her and her powers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.