Marvel Announces Date for Next Avengers Trailer

Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio

In a very weird and bold move, Marvel announced that the will be airing the next Avengers: Age of Ultron film during a college football game. To be more specific, the commercial will air during the college football championship national game on January 12th on ESPN, at 8:30PM/ET. Here's the announcement of said trailer.

The Oregon Ducks with be going up against the Ohio State Buckeyes in the championship game in a PAC 12 versus the Big 10 showdown. It's the final college game of the year, so there will already be a lot of people watching. Since ESPN is owned by Disney, this would be the best time for them to post on that channel during the year.

So make sure to tune into the BCS Championship on January 12th at 8:30PM/ET on ESPN or come back here that night to watch the trailer on Comic Vine.

Staff
#1 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (6359 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooo?

Beata

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#2 Edited by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw this last night during the semi's.

Its kind of stupid if you ask me. I think hollywood is getting a little silly with trailers and news. We have teaser trailers, full trailers, big announcements for the trailer (last time I checked, the trailer is suppose to be the damn announcement).

Whatever.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
#3 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (8155 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#4 Posted by DrellAssassin (1028 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12537 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, I thought we'd have to wait until the Superbowl

#6 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (6359 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by _Nox_ (9701 posts) - - Show Bio

Its kind of stupid if you ask me. I think hollywood is getting a little silly with trailers and news. We have teaser trailers, full trailers, big announcements for the trailer (last time I checked, the trailer is suppose to be the damn announcement).

Whatever.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Avatar image for milleniumpuppet
#8 Edited by MilleniumPuppet (13 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

no thanks dont do the sports or have cable. will see it online...but wow disney really does own everything

#10 Posted by the_stegman (40187 posts) - - Show Bio

I refuse to watch sports, I'll just wait for it to be on the internet 6 hours later.

#11 Edited by Gizmorino (6317 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm......

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#12 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. Let's hope Hydra doesn't interfere again.

#13 Posted by flazam (2611 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever.

#14 Posted by lamdaddy20 (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

Whatever.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#15 Posted by amazing_webhead (9816 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't phrase it like that! You're just reminding me of that crappy animated movie.

#16 Posted by viin (953 posts) - - Show Bio

really announcements for trailer releases now?

#17 Posted by Claymore1998 (16541 posts) - - Show Bio

Hurray for new Trailer

#18 Posted by TheCannon (20263 posts) - - Show Bio

Do we really need announcements for trailers?

I'm not gonna watch something I don't care about for a trailer, so I'll just wait a little bit until it's online.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#19 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9033 posts) - - Show Bio

It's funny how people complain about these announcements but seem to add to the hype by either commenting on these threads or eventually watching said trailers. Whether good or bad it's undeniable these announcements create hype an prove that any publicity is good publicity. Well played Marvel.

#20 Posted by 2cool4fun (2418 posts) - - Show Bio

A trailer for a trailer? Really...really? The only thing stupider is the fact that it's actually building hype...

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
#21 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

trailer for a trailer. i remember the teaser for a teaser before.

#23 Posted by jaybake724 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet. I get to watch my Buckeyes win a national title and see the AoU trailer. It's a win-win for me.

#25 Posted by BlueEcho (1139 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather just watch the movie than all this hype over trailers.

Also I am probably the only person looking forward to Ant-Man more.

#26 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

Niiiice.

#27 Posted by Perethorn (6291 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wait the trailer to get leaked a few hours before his official release, then i can watch FBS championship at peace

#28 Posted by Black_Claw (3375 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for Hydra to leak this new trailer.

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
#33 Posted by comicvine_is_jericho529 (284 posts) - - Show Bio

im hoping for the superbowl we either get another Jurrasic park trailer or Halo 5 trailer.

#34 Posted by Sachmoo (2500 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder what we will see in the trailer today. I doubt we get a Vision glimpse, but who knows. Also, in watching the old trailer again today (you know, cause im a loser like that) it looked as if QS actually phased through the people.

#35 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel is getting millions before the movie even releases just from the YouTube views of the trailers XD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.