Idris Elba and Tom Hiddleston to Appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron

Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

During an interview with the Telegraph, actor Idris Elba let it slip that's he's going to be in the upcoming film, Avengers: Age of Ultron. On top of that, he also let everyone know that Tom Hiddleston will also be returning. While discussing his work on the project Bastille Day, a thriller set in Paris, Elba let the beans spill about next summer's potential blockbuster from Marvel.

“Ironically, yesterday I had to… I’m in Avengers, and I’m doing a scene with Chris Hemsworth [Thor] and Tom Hiddleston [Loki], and they’re like, [whispers] – ‘Aren’t you [meant to be] in Ibiza?’ ”

Elba, who played Heimdall in Thor and Thor: Dark World, also discussed the filming process of the Marvel movies, described one moment, as an actor, where he was filming back-to-back films and he said "this is torture." Between the travel, the demand, the contracts, the stress, and jumping between playing Mandela and the highly accessorized Heimdall put Elba under a lot of stress.

Regardless, we will be seeing both Loki and Heimdall again, but in what regards? Will this be an "after the credits" scene or something that relates the main story? Either way, it will most likely be a smaller role. Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theaters on May 1, 2015.

Source: Telegraph

Staff
Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#1 Edited by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel definitely screwed up with Elba. They under-casted him like crazy. He's too talented to play a relatively irrelevant role like Heimdall.

Avatar image for tearofthedragon
#2 Posted by TearoftheDragon (420 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed, he would have made T'challa epic.

#3 Posted by goonage (2085 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel definitely screwed up with Elba. They under-casted him like crazy. He's too talented to play a relatively irrelevant role like Heimdall.

This.

Also, I'm probably the only person that doesn't want Hiddleson to appear anymore (Though I guess it makes sense, considering the ending of Thor 2).

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#4 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I can just see it. Elba could totally pull off the royalty of T'Challa and his badassery too.

#7 Edited by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@tearofthedragon said:

Yup. Oh well.

@lvenger said:

@tearofthedragon said:

Wow, I can just see it. Elba could totally pull off the royalty of T'Challa and his badassery too.

I can't see it at all. I think he would be a horrible T'Challa. He could probably make a decent T'Chaka, but he for sure not T'Challa. T'Challa was the young prince who became king and saw the world differently then his father and uncle and fought to bring Wakanda into rest of the world because he saw that the world was changing. Idris Elba is too old for that.

If Marvel Studios still owned X-Men he would have made a great Bishop, but considering the characters not cast yet they do own I think he would have made a great Brother Voodoo.

#8 Posted by TearoftheDragon (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Totally agree on Bishop but I just can't see him as Brother Voodoo. Maybe Blue Marvel...

#9 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Totally agree on Bishop but I just can't see him as Brother Voodoo. Maybe Blue Marvel...

Oh! I forgot about BM. That would be so cool. I've wanted Marvel to try making a Blue Marvel, Sentry, or Hyperion film to try and make a better Superman movie then DC :P

#10 Posted by judasnixon (12663 posts) - - Show Bio

Elba could play J Jonah Jameson, and I would still eat that $#!% up.........

#11 Posted by RavenVice01 (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

Already wrote a blog about this the other day

#12 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

Its probably going to be a set up for the upcoming Ragnarok film

#13 Posted by Frozen (21124 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough Loki.

He appears too goddamn much.

#14 Posted by Thedailybagel (12800 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to seeing Loki, even if it's just a short scene, he's one of my favourite characters in the mcu at the minute.

#15 Edited by MICKEY-MOUSE (36712 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

Enough Loki.

He appears too goddamn much.

Yeah. Loki is kind of like Breakfast. Breakfast is awesome and you can do a lot with Breakfast, but you can't have breakfast for every damn meal of the day. Enough is enough. No more Loki. Just develop more interesting villains.

Avatar image for transformers1024
#16 Posted by Transformers1024 (7600 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Anthony Hopkins will reprise his role of Loki also.

#17 Edited by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#18 Posted by TearoftheDragon (420 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Ha! Wouldn't be hard as far as I'm concerned. I think of all the Supermanesque Marvel characters, BM has the best background and is the most identifiable. Plus a great character who isn't just muscles.

#19 Posted by i_like_swords (26205 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for more Heimdall but I hope Loki doesn't take up too much screen time....

#20 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36712 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness: I know right? I feel like they are pushing Loki down our throats at this point in order to please his fans. Even though he was the best thing about Thor 1 & 2, they need to chill on Loki. Unless this is just a simple Cameo/Post Credit scenes type of deal.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#21 Posted by amazing_webhead (9821 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, they have to pander to the fangirl audience somehow

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
#22 Edited by deactivated-097092725 (10555 posts) - - Show Bio

(sounds the alarm to call forth her sisters in arms)

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#23 Edited by The Impersonator (8477 posts) - - Show Bio

The scene must be related to Thor: Ragnarok.

Avatar image for iron_fist_angel
#24 Posted by Iron Fist Angel (264 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

Agree for sure but I can't complain as it means one of my favourite characters gets a lot more of the spotlight these days.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.