How does Thor know about the stones? (Spoilers)

#1 Posted by Funrush (1486 posts) - - Show Bio

So Scarlet Witch's stun power just makes people hallucinate about what they fear most, right? In that case, why was Thor's vision apparently prophetic, with foreshadowing of both Ragnarok and the Infinity gems, and somehow knowing to charge Vision. Also, were the waters just a tool to continue said vision, or did they contribute to it in some way?

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#2 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio

@funrush: Well Odin does have a gauntlet in his room. Perhaps he told stories of it, when Thor and Loki were children.

#3 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

thor received a fine good education

#4 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

better than most people anyways.........

#5 Posted by Jedted (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe someone can give me some clarification. At the end of the movie Thor says 4 infinity gems have been revealed. I know there was the one in GotG and the Cosmic Cube is another one, now we have the Mind gem which was part of Loki's staff(i thought that contained a piece of the cube).

What's the fourth gem?

#6 Posted by _Nox_ (9701 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedted

The fourth one was the one in Thor 2 I believe.

#7 Posted by Jedted (86 posts) - - Show Bio

@_nox_: Oh right, i forgot about that one.

#8 Edited by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedted: It was the Aether that Malekith wanted from the Dark World. If you saw the mid-credits scene of that, you would have seen Sif and Volstagg hand it over to the Collector with the reason that 'having two Infinity Stones together was too big a risk'.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.