Captain Marvel is Not Appearing in Avengers: Age of Ultron

Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

There's been a lot of rumors and rumblings as to who is and isn't going to make an appearance in the upcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron. The biggest one, this week, was that Carol Danvers was close to being cast and would appear in the film, according to an Instagram post that popped up saying the character was close to being cast and then some leaked pictures from an Age of Ultron toy set displayed a Captain Marvel figure.

However, it's not the case, according to a new report from Nerdist. A source close to production told the site that Captain Marvel will not appear in Age of Ultron. Many are still holding out that she'll appear in a post-credit sequence as well.

Avengers: Age of Ultron opens up on May 1, 2015.

Staff
#1 Posted by BigL (622 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel...Spider-Man....Black Panther...one of them will show up

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
#2 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6730 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I'm surprised. Joss Whedon doesn't seem to want her involved, and the huge wait for a solo film makes her seem like an afterthought to the studio. :/

#3 Posted by DrellAssassin (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I'm surprised. Joss Whedon doesn't seem to want her involved, and the huge wait for a solo film makes her seem like an afterthought to the studio. :/

Why do you say that? Avengers AoU had been done filming for months by the time the even announced that she would be getting her solo movie. She has no place in that movie. Also, why would a long wait make her seem like an afterthought? A 100 million dollar budget movie is an afterthought? Plus, wouldn't that logic (long wait time = afterthought) imply that the Inhumans is also an afterthought?

#4 Posted by Jaymes (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's time for a set of weekly teasers that slowly reveal a list of characters that won't be in the movie?

"This May! Get ready! To not see!

Groot!

Luke Skywalker!

Jay Gatsby!

And more!

This film is not yet rated."

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
#5 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

I would not rule out having Carol in the movie PERIOD. Just not powered yet, save that for HER movie.

Avatar image for aquamanisthebest
#6 Posted by AquamanIsTheBest (68 posts) - - Show Bio

This better not be true, there better at least be a Carol Danvers F@&$ing cameo in there! It's bad enough we had to wait until 2018 in the first place, and now we have to wait through ANOTHER GOD D@MN SPIDER-MAN MOVIE FIRST and now we have to wait five more months until it's released in the @$$ end of 2018. She better make a cameo here, and she better God D@mn we'll be in Avengers Infinity War both parts! And again, for making us wait longer for Black Panther, Captain Mavel, and Inhumans...

Up yours Sony and Spider-Man.

Up

Yours

#7 Posted by judasnixon (12663 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#8 Posted by GraniteSoldier (12746 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel is ruled out...Carol Danvers is not. At least that's how it reads to me.

#9 Posted by MrStryve (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@chayse said:

Maybe it's time for a set of weekly teasers that slowly reveal a list of characters that won't be in the movie?

Groot!

Luke Skywalker!

Jay Gatsby!

And more!

Hey, if they're not all going to be in this movie can I see the the one they are going to be in? I think it would be pretty damn awesome.

#10 Posted by Jaymes (43 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrstryve:

"Guardians of a Galaxy Far, Far Away: The Great Grootsby"!

#11 Posted by Perfect 10 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

oh i thought this was from marvel. its funny. first time something is confirmed NOT to be in a movie lol. well until either a. marvel says something or b. i see the movie i dont believe either. cause its a 50/50 thing, either she is in it or not, only will know once we see the movie

#12 Posted by sasquatch888 (716 posts) - - Show Bio

good I hate what they did with her ...I miss Ms MARVEL

#13 Edited by D9000 (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

THAT'S......just fine actually.

#14 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel may not appear, but that doesn't mean Carol Danvers won't. There's always a chance she may appear as an Easter Egg or in a post-credit scene.

#15 Posted by TheBlackHood (594 posts) - - Show Bio

This better not be true, there better at least be a Carol Danvers F@&$ing cameo in there! It's bad enough we had to wait until 2018 in the first place, and now we have to wait through ANOTHER GOD D@MN SPIDER-MAN MOVIE FIRST and now we have to wait five more months until it's released in the @$$ end of 2018. She better make a cameo here, and she better God D@mn we'll be in Avengers Infinity War both parts! And again, for making us wait longer for Black Panther, Captain Mavel, and Inhumans...

Up

Yours

But is anyone really waiting for an Inhuman movie? Nope.

#16 Edited by sora_thekey (8812 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel may not appear, but that doesn't mean Carol Danvers won't. There's always a chance she may appear as an Easter Egg or in a post-credit scene.

I like the way you think.. but if you're right, I hope it's not for a post-credit scene:

I want someone to call Pilot Danvers over a radio or something and a woman's voice respond. If we see her I hope it's just a helmeted, female pilot named Danvers. That should be the easter egg.

Avatar image for the_amazing_spider-fan
#17 Posted by The_Amazing_Spider-Fan (13 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrstryve: it's a remake of Three Men and a Baby...

#19 Posted by gunswordfist_ (752 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be too much if she showed up. I don't think the movie should have more than 4 all new avengers.

@chayse said:

Groot!

Luke Skywalker!

Jay Gatsby!

And more!

Hahahahaahahah! I imagined this in a movie announcer's voice.

Avatar image for transformers1024
#20 Posted by Transformers1024 (7600 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why people are angry about this; there's enough characters in this film anyways.

#21 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquamanisthebest said:

Up

Yours

I am

#22 Edited by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio

cant wait

#23 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

I like the way you think.. but if you're right, I hope it's not for a post-credit scene:

I want someone to call Pilot Danvers over a radio or something and a woman's voice respond. If we see her I hope it's just a helmeted, female pilot named Danvers. That should be the easter egg.

Agreed. Honestly with all of the hints at the Kree over on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and with Marvel exploring the Inhumans, who are a result of the Kree experimenting on humanity, I have a feeling we'll be seeing some reference to Carol or even Mar-Vell at some point in the near future.

#24 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm

#25 Posted by ShaoKahn (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody cares . Avengers sucks anyways

#26 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

Carol, BP and Spiderman are not going to be in this movie.

Avatar image for greenlanterndeadpool
#27 Posted by GreenLanternDeadpool (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@aquamanisthebest said:

Up

Yours

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
#28 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (12493 posts) - - Show Bio

bull

~MiB

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#29 Posted by The Impersonator (8477 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#30 Posted by marcohtx (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre superpowered Carol Danvers would have been a a nice fit on Agents of SHIELD, if only more people would watch that show. They could show her just as the air force pilot, and then when its time for the movie, we would have already got to know her as a person, so we could focus more on her becoming a superhero.

#31 Posted by sora_thekey (8812 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: I had not thought about Agents of SHIELD... What if.......... Mar-Vell is introduced in AoS and that eventually leads to the Carol connection?!

#32 Posted by viin (953 posts) - - Show Bio

...I wouldn't think she was going to...they probably were finishing up Age of Ultron when they announced a Captain Marvel movie...and it probably wasn't but a week or two ago when she was apparently cast. I would think that we would first see her appear somehow in Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, or even Agents of Shield.

#33 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1546 posts) - - Show Bio

We need more kree in the MCU before we get captain Marvel so to me that means the inhumans and maybe GoTG 2. I would like to see USAF major danvers in the avengers though.

#34 Posted by Vascillator (360 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Im pretty torn about a live Carol anyway...on one hand shes one of my favorite heroes ever and I cant wait to see her rock onscreen, on the other hand having her appear as Captain Marvel in a movie will destroy any chance of her returning to her real name and looks which kinda would suck hard...

#35 Posted by Ostyo (14103 posts) - - Show Bio

Everybody is a after thought to Spidey. :/

#36 Posted by MachoMustachio (303 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@aquamanisthebest:

jk. Its obvious that Carol wasn't going to be in Age of Ultron, there is already nine avengers in it. Three of which are being introduced in this film and that is not including Ultron and other supporting characters like Fury and Von Strucker. Regardless of Spiderman's involvement, Carol wouldn't have been introduced until at least Civil War or Ragnarok.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
#37 Posted by CurrentThor2015 (687 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Good, I love Carol Danvers but she doesnt need to be crammed into AOU, she's going to have her own movie, so I'd rather wait for her first appearance to be there rather than in a crowded Avengers movie.

#38 Edited by Nargaroth (54 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Katherynn Winneck as Carol!

#40 Posted by Saint_Sophie (7263 posts) - - Show Bio

on the other hand having her appear as Captain Marvel in a movie will destroy any chance of her returning to her real name and looks which kinda would suck hard...

But, Carol is already known as Captain Marvel and Miss Marvel has already been passed down. Pretty sure they're going by "Captain Marvel" to solidify her new found title.. just like Dick going to Nightwing.

#41 Posted by Vascillator (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@saint_sophie: That doesnt say much, Carol was already Binary, Warbird and whatnot and she always returned to her original name. Khamala is the 4th person using the name Ms. Marvel. There are only 2 reasons why things wouldnt return back to normal like they have everytime in the past: Because of lawsuits (which was the reason why she got the name change in the first place), or because the wide masses identity her with her new name due to the MCU.

#42 Posted by Bystander (2406 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#43 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9032 posts) - - Show Bio

@shaokahn: you care or you wouldn't have posted in the first place brah...

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
#44 Posted by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigl said:

Captain Marvel...Spider-Man....Black Panther...one of them will show up

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
#45 Posted by Yung ANcient One (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

There's already a lot of new characters being introduced anyways. (+)

#46 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

she'll appear one day..........

#47 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

hopefully...........

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.