Avengers 2 officially named Avengers: Age of Ultron!

• 164 results
#151 Edited by Havenless (3108 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:

@jorgevy said:

@novi_homines said:

@havenless said:

@maccyd said:

@jorgevy: Hopefully if they're that close, they'll switch the two around to make the Ultron storyline seem more personal, like the Thor film was to Avengers.

Joss said Pym definitely is not in Avengers, doesn't make Ultron

He never said pym doesn't make ultron. He simply said pym won't be in avengers 2.

More importantly, they said Cap: TWS is the most significant film leading into the Avengers 2. I'm betting the post credit scene for that film will have Hank Pym in it, with a completed "good" Ultron bot.

I think it could be something like that

and then A2 is the Avengers not knowing who this thing is and trying to defeat it. after they do, cue to Ant-man, who people now know was the creator of Ultron, thus making the movie have another fulcrum. then the first Ant-man movie can focus less on origins, more action and it could expand on Ant-man and his drive to make up for what happened in Avengers 2

My thoughts exactly. There's a reason the Ant Man film comes out in the same year, mere months after Avengers 2.

Joss said 3 things:

1. We're doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not.

Hank Pym is not involved in the Ultron origin.

2. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside.Nothing can be translated exactly as it was from the comics; particularly Ultron.

They're changing stuff....

3. We're crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from The Avengers we already know about.

Which means he's made by already established Avengers (Stark, most likely).

#152 Posted by MakkyD (6989 posts) - - Show Bio

With Thanos seemingly the big baddie behind the Avengers trilogy, it'd make sense for him to be involved with the Ultron invasion somehow. Therefore I think Thanos will somehow be the reason Ultron went "bad". Either that or the Ultron will be treated like chitauri and simply be fodder lead by another villain, who's involved with Thanos somehow, similar to Loki.

#153 Edited by novi_homines (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless:

I understand perfectly what he said.

1. In the avengers story, Hank Pym was a huge part of his origin, and him being defeated. This time around, he simply can't be because his film comes out AFTER avengers 2, where he'll have his origin. No point in having his origin also being A2 when a few months later, he's having his own standalone film.

So by him "not being in the mix", he's not going to be suiting up fighting Ultron as he was in the comic book version, and won't have a role in his demise. It doesn't mean he is not a creation of Hank Pym. Whedon is a smart man, he purposefully used the words "in the mix". Why shroud it in mystery and not outright say its not of Hank pym's creation, which people will assume? I'm guessing because that's not necessarily the truth. But he doesn't want to give it away.

He also said "We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use." which could mean they're only using the most baseline truth of ultron's origin story from the comics, creation by hank.

2. Yes they're changing things. But that doesn't necessarily mean they're changing the fact that Pym created him. Pym creating him is only a small portion of his origin. See point 1.

3. I don't know what this means, but it is extremely unspecific. It could mean anything, especially considering the world of the avengers will continue to expand before A2. Especially after the comment of Cap: TWS being the most significant film for the avengers 2. That film will reveal alot of answers.

One thing is absolutely clear. He didn't say Ultron is not a creation by Hank. And I think that was a very conscious decision.

#154 Edited by Havenless (3108 posts) - - Show Bio
@novi_homines said:

@havenless:

1. In the avengers story, Hank Pym was a huge part of his origin, and him being defeated. This time around, he simply can't be because his film comes out AFTER avengers 2, where he'll have his origin. No point in having his origin also being A2 when a few months later, he's having his own standalone film.

So by him "not being in the mix", he's not going to be suiting up fighting Ultron as he was in the comic book version, and won't have a role in his demise. It doesn't mean he is not a creation of Hank Pym. Whedon is a smart man, he purposefully used the words "in the mix". Why shroud it in mystery and not outright say its not of Hank pym's creation, which people will assume? I'm guessing because that's not necessarily the truth. But he doesn't want to give it away.

He also said "We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use." which could mean they're only using the most baseline truth of ultron's origin story from the comics, creation by hank.

In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not.

He's talking about the origin story. How are you getting that he's talking about Pym being an Avenger? Ultron's origin story does not have Pym in the mix, that literally means Pym does not make him. If Pym made him, he would be crucial to the origin story, even if it's a throwaway line they use in the movie.

#155 Posted by novi_homines (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

I initially thought about using kang for A2, or Thanos for A2 (with Galactus in 3), but the first, second AND 3rd films would basically be the same. Whether it be kang, thanos, or galactus, we still get big bad alien, coming to take over/ destroy the earth in all avengers films. Ultron is different enough, yet still significant enough to switch things up and be fresh.

#156 Edited by novi_homines (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless said:
@novi_homines said:

@havenless:

In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not.

He's talking about the origin story. How are you getting that he's talking about Pym being an Avenger? Ultron's origin story does not have Pym in the mix, that literally means Pym does not make him. If Pym made him, he would be crucial to the origin story, even if it's a throwaway line they use in the movie.

I'm getting him talking about pym being an avenger because Ultron's origin was in fact in an AVENGERS comic,The Avengers #54 - ...And Deliver Us From--The Masters of Evil to be specific. So to say that he's not in A2, also by default says that he's not in "the mix" of this version of Ultron's origin. Which is not a surprise because a long time ago it was confirmed that Ant Man won't be making an appearince in A2. That doesn't mean that he doesn't create ultron.

1. He said he's "not in the mix" to confirm the fact that Ant Man wasn't going to be in this movie, which many people automatically assumed after his announcement of Ultron, hence his comment:

"In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not."

2. He made sure to not confirm Ultron won't be a creation of Hank, which basically means its not necessarily true.

#157 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3080 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

age of ultron bring it on

GOTG Bring it on

thanos bring avengers 3 !!!

DC ain't got sh** on me.

#158 Edited by Havenless (3108 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines said:

So to say that he's not in A2, also by default says that he's not in "the mix" of this version of Ultron's origin. Which is not a surprise because a long time ago it was confirmed that Ant Man won't be making an appearince in A2. That doesn't mean that he doesn't create ultron.

You can't make something and not be 'in the mix' of their origin. Origin means origination, where you originally came from. If Ultron isn't made in A2 or at least revealed in a flashback, it wouldn't be his origin. And Kevin Feige said A2 is Ultron's origin and he will not pop up in any movies before that:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/07/20/marvel-head-talks-thanos-ultron-comic-con-2013

So here are the facts:

1. Ultron will not appear before Avengers 2

2. Ultron's origin (Noun, 1. The beginning of something's existence) will be explained/portrayed in Avengers 2

3. Hank Pym will not be in Avengers 2

4. Hank Pym is not 'in the mix' for Ultron's origin (beginning)

I cannot fathom a scenario where this equals that Pym makes Ultron, therefore I will simply agree to disagree.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#159 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for magnificentstorm
#160 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1453 posts) - - Show Bio

THEN WHAT WAS ALL THE THANOS CRAP FOR. They must have changed their minds, something happened.

#161 Edited by novi_homines (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

THEN WHAT WAS ALL THE THANOS CRAP FOR. They must have changed their minds, something happened.

avengers 3

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
#162 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1453 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: That probably what they're gonna do now but im sure avengers 2 was going to be about Thanos but something happened legally probably

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
#163 Edited by Yung ANcient One (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

Dislike the name but that means Ultron is the main baddie so I don't GIVAFRRRRC ( + )

#164 Posted by Eternal19 (2178 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.... it will make a lot of money for sure. But, superman/batman might match it

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#165 Posted by amazing_webhead (9879 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else REALLY hoping they include this line?

No Caption Provided

That would be AWESOME!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.