dark_noldor's Avengers Academy #12 - Put Away Childish Things review

Avatar image for dark_noldor

Against Cosmic Powers

It´s the conclusion of the "Korvac Saga" and the members of the Academy now have the powers and years of their future selves, thanks to the magic of Carina Walters (the angry ex-wife of Korvac), but is it going to prove be enoug to defeat Korvac, even with all their powers boosted and combined? Or are the students´fear remain to be the factor of unbalance here? I don´t thing Gage nailed the dialogues here like in the previous issues, but the team work and the power display in this issue was worth it for the lack of captivating dialogues - it was interesting to set against the Academy a character so powerful like Korvac, who in the last issue just wiped the floor with the Avengers roster (the Avengers and the New Avengers), proving that they can handle the heat - I really liked how things turned out to be for Veil, mostly because I was getting a little upset about her situation and constant whining - the best thing about this issue was the last two pages, with the interesting interaction by Hazmat and Mettle - Raney´s art worked great, I really think he found the book for him.
4 out 5