dark_noldor's Avengers #8 - Revelations review

Avatar image for dark_noldor
  • dark_noldor wrote this review on .
  • dark_noldor has written a total of 1014 reviews. The last one was for HC

Time for Reckoning

It´s very exciting seeing the Illuminati reunited again but at a certain point in this story this feat itself doesn´t have the strengh to make it completely interesting like it was back in the beginning, when Bendis created this group. Nonetheless it was cool watching Medusa bringing the news of Blackbolt´s demise and most disturbing the fact that only Reed reacted to this news - and it was a quick reaction too. The dialogues between the group (Illuminati) and the way Steve Rogers captured Tony´s scuse were awesome, great writing by Bendis.There are some details that bugged me, like they are at the Funtime Inc and then Lockjaw teleports them to the Himalayas and suddenly Xavier, Reed and Medusa all have protective ski masks? It was nice how Bendis introduced the Red Hulk into this Avengers adventure and I must admit it wasn´t unnatural or forced, instead he come up with a very natural idea, that suits both the Red Hulk book and the Avengers book. In one hand the writing started to show some improvements, but the art doesn´t follow the same path, as I´m starting to lose my patience with JRJR. If not for the art this issue would be better rated.
3.5 out 5