popeyenaz11's Avengers #14 - Fear Itself, part 2 Red Hulk Smassssh ! review

PopeyeNaz11's The Avengers

The Avengers Issue 14

The Avengers #14
 The Avengers #14
Note: I have not followed the main Fear Itself story arch, events may have happened within it contradicting my review.
Basically a snapshot, the cover for The Avengers issue 14 previews the action to follow very nicely. The art by John Romita Jr helped contribute to the gritty destruction, like rocks chipping away at each other.
The dialogue flowed very well, but the use of time and order of panels felt like this was written for motion media like television. Told from The Avengers through a series of interviews which are now becoming a recurring theme, we were recapped of the events of Fear Itself which the last issue lacked. Being a new member we got to see some insight to how the team feels about the Red Hulk being on The Avengers, this issue circulates him more then any other character.
In keeping to the Marvel universe, how can the Red Hulk be apart of Fear Itself if he's deep in space in his own series, Planet Red Hulk? The Avengers being a team up comic, we see the Red Hulk fighting the possessed Thing on his own making this more suitable for a tie-in by his own series.
With a shinning beacon to The Avengers being destroyed, I didn't get the feeling of impending doom as the team itself fears is in their near future. With the issues focus being on the climatic fight, the action paced the comic so quick that it felt as if it was just beginning when it was truly over and not allowing this story arch to truly progress from a 3 out of 5.

Other reviews for Avengers #14 - Fear Itself, part 2 Red Hulk Smassssh !

Cage Stands Ready to Make a Profit on His $1 Mansion Purchase 0

Brian Michael Bendis dives into the action of Fear Itself with this second issue of the Avengers tie-in. It's Angrir, Breaker of Souls, in the body of the Thing versus the Red Hulk in the streets of Manhattan. This is an issue packed with action, which allows it to make the most of what scraps Fear Itself gives it to work with.  This is Red Hulk's big Avenger moment, and it is effectively done. It is a poetic twist for this fight to be a variation on the classic Thing versus Hulk brawls too. Ben...

SPOILERS!!! DAMN YOU MARVEL!!! NOW ANOTHER TITLE ON MY PULL LIST! 0

I cannot explain my utter disdain for what they are doing with Hulk as of late, but sadly I needed to pick this issue up for one reason it was a Fear Itself Tie In. And I say now with great sorrow...I enjoyed it thouroughly. I couldnt stop reading, this is definately the only issue with Rulk that I f#cking love. It showed that this bastard of a man known as Thunderbolt is actually a decent human being, he is willing to fight an throw his life down to protect those that need protecting. I see thi...