• 76 results
    Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Haha don't plan on seeing me on here too much except late at night lol...I have a job now 9 hours a day 5 days a week, I don't get home form it till 11.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Lunacyde said:
    " Haha don't plan on seeing me on here too much except late at night lol...I have a job now 9 hours a day 5 days a week, I don't get home form it till 11. "
    Ahh, I see well..It's better to show up even if it's just for a little while than not at all.
    Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Haha I know bro, I miss you and all the regulars.

Well I have to get to bed, I have work in the morning and the hours go even slower when I am tired.

Avatar movie I am soooooo excited lol.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By geraldthesloth

Alright Later man..Nice seein you

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @Lunacyde said:
    "So has anyone seen the trailer? What do you think?I think it has promise and looks like it may not be bad, but really there is too much, especially along the lines of character developement. (Specifically with complex characters like Zuko and Toph) to fit into one movie.BTW it's good to be back anyone who cares :)"

LUNACYDE!!!! omg dude you've been gone so long, weve missed you, no one can go into detail about our history like you do. :P

Such a long time.
    Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Retnex
    @Lunacyde said:
    "So has anyone seen the trailer? What do you think?I think it has promise and looks like it may not be bad, but really there is too much, especially along the lines of character developement. (Specifically with complex characters like Zuko and Toph) to fit into one movie.BTW it's good to be back anyone who cares :)"

I dont think Toph will be in this movie
    Sick_j0k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By Sick_j0k3

Avatar the cartoon is bad by itself. Now they're making a movie adaptation? The worst part is it's made by M. Night Shyamalan. As if Lady In The Water and The Village weren't horrible enough. He's going to take a story that already sucks and somehow find a way to make it completely worse while screwing with the audience's heads. 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#58  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Lunacyde said:
    "In a minute? lol...I gave up comicvine for a while because I was pretty much addicted :) lol had to do other things in my life.TKSUN - I know I have faith too....just worried ther eis too much to fit in one movie."
    You know is is just going to be Book One right?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#59  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Retnex said:
    "I dont think Toph will be in this movie "
    Nope.  It's only based on Book 1, so Toph wont appear till the second movie.

@Sick_j0k3 said:
    "Avatar the cartoon is bad by itself. Now they're making a movie adaptation? The worst part is it's made by M. Night Shyamalan. As if Lady In The Water and The Village weren't horrible enough. He's going to take a story that already sucks and somehow find a way to make it completely worse while screwing with the audience's heads.  "
    That's purely your own personal opinion.  If you don't like Avatar, then don't read threads about it, much less post something that will rile people up.  Don't troll.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "@Retnex said:
    "I dont think Toph will be in this movie "
    Nope.  It's only based on Book 1, so Toph wont appear till the second movie.

@Sick_j0k3 said:
    "Avatar the cartoon is bad by itself. Now they're making a movie adaptation? The worst part is it's made by M. Night Shyamalan. As if Lady In The Water and The Village weren't horrible enough. He's going to take a story that already sucks and somehow find a way to make it completely worse while screwing with the audience's heads.  "
    That's purely your own personal opinion.  If you don't like Avatar, then don't read threads about it, much less post something that will rile people up.  Don't troll."
    Yeah, I on the other hand love the show, the last battle with Aang and the Fire Lord was one of the coolest thing I've ever seen in a cartoon, and for some reason it made me feel like I was watching Dragon Ball Z
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61  Edited By MrDirector786

In my honest opinion, the Last Airbender is going to be horrible.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @MrDirector786 said:
    "In my honest opinion, the Last Airbender is going to be horrible."

Why do you say that?
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @War Killer said:
    "Yeah, I on the other hand love the show, the last battle with Aang and the Fire Lord was one of the coolest thing I've ever seen in a cartoon, and for some reason it made me feel like I was watching Dragon Ball Z"
    Yes, I really love the show too.  It is beautifully animated (which is rare for an American cartoon show), with care & attention on the characters.  But it's also aspects that mix it with real world, like the martial arts and elements of a chosen religious leader from such a young age (similar to how the Dalai Lama is recognised from childhood).  What's more, I love the sense of humour (especially Sokka & Toph).

And unlike most other members, I really am looking forward to the film.  I'm angry about the prejudice against Indian actors.  That's the same racist attitude that Michael Clarke Duncan had to face when he was announced as the Kingpin.  M Night is a director who places the emphasis on characterisation and he's working closely with DiMartino & Konietzko to condense the whole of the first series into on film.  if people can accept the Hellboy films, then they should be able to accept the Avatar: The Last Airbender films.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "@War Killer said:
    "Yeah, I on the other hand love the show, the last battle with Aang and the Fire Lord was one of the coolest thing I've ever seen in a cartoon, and for some reason it made me feel like I was watching Dragon Ball Z"
    Yes, I really love the show too.  It is beautifully animated (which is rare for an American cartoon show), with care & attention on the characters.  But it's also aspects that mix it with real world, like the martial arts and elements of a chosen religious leader from such a young age (similar to how the Dalai Lama is recognised from childhood).  What's more, I love the sense of humour (especially Sokka & Toph).And unlike most other members, I really am looking forward to the film.  I'm angry about the prejudice against Indian actors.  That's the same racist attitude that Michael Clarke Duncan had to face when he was announced as the Kingpin.  M Night is a director who places the emphasis on characterisation and he's working closely with DiMartino & Konietzko to condense the whole of the first series into on film.  if people can accept the Hellboy films, then they should be able to accept the Avatar: The Last Airbender films."
    Zuko's Unlce Iro (I don't know if I spelled that right) was always one of my favorites
    Sick_j0k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Sick_j0k3
    @xerox-kitty: The majority of people actually enjoy Avatar? Oh mai, my apologies. 
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By MrDirector786
    @War Killer said:
    " @MrDirector786 said:
    Why do you say that? "
    Because of the teaser and because as soon as I saw a picture of how Aang would look, I burst into laughter for about 10 minutes. As of now, I think it's going to be terrible. I don't even plan on watching it, UNLESS someone or something, like a trailer, could convince me that it's worth at least giving a shot.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#67  Edited By sora_thekey
    @MrDirector786 said:
    "@War Killer said:
    " @MrDirector786 said:
    Why do you say that? "
    Because of the teaser and because as soon as I saw a picture of how Aang would look, I burst into laughter for about 10 minutes. As of now, I think it's going to be terrible. I don't even plan on watching it, UNLESS someone or something, like a trailer, could convince me that it's worth at least giving a shot."

You acctually never know until you watch it... everybody should just give it a chance
    mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#68  Edited By mv

Saw the trailer, looks decent

Sick_j0k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Sick_j0k3
    @MrDirector786 said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @MrDirector786 said:
    Why do you say that? "
    Because of the teaser and because as soon as I saw a picture of how Aang would look, I burst into laughter for about 10 minutes. As of now, I think it's going to be terrible. I don't even plan on watching it, UNLESS someone or something, like a trailer, could convince me that it's worth at least giving a shot. "
    I'm glad someone agrees with me. 
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @MrDirector786 said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @MrDirector786 said:
    Why do you say that? "
    Because of the teaser and because as soon as I saw a picture of how Aang would look, I burst into laughter for about 10 minutes. As of now, I think it's going to be terrible. I don't even plan on watching it, UNLESS someone or something, like a trailer, could convince me that it's worth at least giving a shot. "
    Snore.  I'm waiting for the haters to say something new.  In fact, I don't know why the haters continue to look at threads about it, since all they do is ruin the fun for everyone else.
    Sick_j0k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Sick_j0k3
    @xerox-kitty: Everyone's allowed to their opinion, whether it's good or bad, and everyone's opinions are open to criticism. As long as the opinions don't criticize anyone personally I don't see anything wrong with voicing myself. 
    TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By TelekineticSun
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "@War Killer said:
    Yes, I really love the show too.  It is beautifully animated (which is rare for an American cartoon show), with care & attention on the characters.  But it's also aspects that mix it with real world, like the martial arts and elements of a chosen religious leader from such a young age (similar to how the Dalai Lama is recognised from childhood).  What's more, I love the sense of humour (especially Sokka & Toph).And unlike most other members, I really am looking forward to the film.  I'm angry about the prejudice against Indian actors.  That's the same racist attitude that Michael Clarke Duncan had to face when he was announced as the Kingpin.  M Night is a director who places the emphasis on characterisation and he's working closely with DiMartino & Konietzko to condense the whole of the first series into on film.  if people can accept the Hellboy films, then they should be able to accept the Avatar: The Last Airbender films."

I'm happy to see so many Avatar fans on Comicvine, I agree with everthing Xerox-Kitty said about the show. It was a deep cartoon and I can't wait to see all of it's great aspects on the big screen. I'm also glad to hear that he's working with the creators of the show closly.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MrDirector786
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @MrDirector786 said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @MrDirector786 said:
    Why do you say that? "
    Snore.  I'm waiting for the haters to say something new.  In fact, I don't know why the haters continue to look at threads about it, since all they do is ruin the fun for everyone else.
    "
    Like Sick_j0k3 said, it's my opinion. If you think it's going to be great, that's fine. I even said in my first post that in my opinion it's going to be god-awful. I don't care if someone disagrees with me.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74  Edited By SUNMAN

Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#75  Edited By Tainted-Cell

Hi there!
    I'm a bit of a noob to the Avatar story, having not once seen an actual episode... although my sister educated me briefly. Tonight I come aboard this thread filled with (perhaps) the same sentiments the critics hold for it...... to tell you that I thought it was both excellent and impressive.

The other morning I read RottenTomatoes' miserable score of 6% approval, and couldn't help but wonder if critics were biased against M. Night Shyamalan, expecting to find something of a failure that they could easily take apart with a couple of well-placed words, and because it wasn't so very weak at the seams, they had to resort to some rather ridiculous nit-picking. It is my opinion that "fans" of the series have started to jump on the bandwagon, and that is unfortunate.  Again I do so emphasize that I haven't watched the cartoon, so I do acknowledge that I have the benefit of not carrying much at all in the expectation department. I also want to point out that while I'm not a big fan of Shyamalan, I did so very much enjoy Unbreakable, thought the Village was pretty neat, and the Sixth Sense to be quite intriguing.

I do agree with most critics, that the majority of the actors were pretty terrible - Aang, Katara, and Sokka chief among these culprits, but I happened to think that Dev Patel's Zuko was the best. What I really appreciated was how each and every character who has a name is NOT treated like a throw-away - they all have a rich background that is not so much advertised, but invested on screen. 

At any rate, rambling aside, I'd like to know from you "fans", what it is you seem to hate about the movie..... if you've seen it, that is.

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @Tainted-Cell:
    I'll repost what i wrote in another thread about it 
    but let me preface it by saying.....SEE THE SERIES! 
    it's fantastic- a little slow n the beginning of the first season, but there is SO MUCH payoff by the end 
    it's really animation at its best 
    so here ya go 
    "I have to say, I was REALLY disappointed in this movie 
    there's a lot of room for criticism being that it's my favorite animates series of all time, but still
    as majestic as it was to see the sets and to watch the people in their fire/earth/water garb doing the forms.....it fell SO short of where it should have been 
    and the worst part is- we could have almost watched the EXACT same movie, shot for shot, if only the script had been different 
    and by "different," I mean better 
    to hear that Roku dragon tell Aang....oh, I'm sorry Ong that "the Avatar" oh I'm sorry, I meant "Uhavatar," that he "isn't meant to hurt people" is such BS! 
    that's exactly what the Avatar does!!!! 
    he keeps the world in balance 
    and if that means making an island and letting a tyrant fall to his death, so be it 
    if he has to show up at the firelord's door and tell him to stop planning a war before he has to come back and kill his ass, he does it 
    he's that avatar for god's sake 
    and what was with Aang and Zuko fighting each other with their fists and using leg grabs??? 
    they don't fight like that, not at all, they bend- they're benders, that's what they do 
    and Aang is a monk, he doesn't want to hit people in the face 
    and all that thrown together spirit world babble about the firenation not wanting to obey the spirits was so corny and forced that it sunk the plot 
    there was no character development, not a moment of comic relief (even when they were trying, like when Soak-ah was almost "eaten" by Appa) 
    if the movie had been about 20 minutes longer, we could have followed the Aang Gaang a little further on their journey and maybe started to feel their unity, or at least feel SOMETHING for them 
    watching Yue give up her life was like....."who cares? We've known her for all of 8 minutes." 
    we didn't even care enough about Sokka yet to care that he lost his girlfriend 
    and why did Katara and Aang do all that practicing without waterbending??? 
    they were just doing Tai Chi.....not waterbending 
    and the bending was so off!!! in the series, the elements truly seemed like an extension of the benders' body, but in the film, it seemed liek they were trying to do magic or use superpowers 
    it was really off 
    and poor Katara only getting to be cool for all of 5 seconds before losing to Zuko- lame! 
    and why did M. Night think he could tack on that "we could be friends" line without it seeming completely out of place??? 
    he could have said "monkey nuts" and it would have made more sense 
    ugh 
    I'm very upset, as you can tell    "

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.